Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I'm looking to Boost

Go down 
+3
BigSSmoke
Shawn1112
ChargerSRT
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ChargerSRT
CAMM Pro
ChargerSRT

I'm looking to Boost Empty
PostSubject: I'm looking to Boost   I'm looking to Boost I_icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2014, 3:25 pm

I am looking into getting a Procharger but am wondering which one to get since im not going to do anything with the bottom end just yet. So at this point I don't want to blow it up but I want the most that it can handle right now as it sits.
I have noticed that they come with the intune and a preloaded tune for the system. Is there a way to not get that and just stick with my Trinity since I just recently got it and am not ready to give it up?
I will possibly need some help installing it when I eventually get it so I know it is done right and within a fair amount of time.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: I'm looking to Boost   I'm looking to Boost I_icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2014, 8:49 pm

I would go with the D-1 and keep the boost to 6-8lbs. I would also upgrade to 80lb injectors, 1 step colder plugs, OD pulley, bigger fuel pump, and lipped idler and tensioner pulleys. That will cover u for the future when u want to grow and go bigger. I would also plan on a boost gauge, and an AF gauge to start with. Sell the Intune and use that money to get a tune.

Last edited by Shawn1112 on July 8th 2014, 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: I'm looking to Boost   I'm looking to Boost I_icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2014, 8:51 pm

Hardest part of install is pinning the crank. Plan on.a weekend to do the install. Can knock out fuel system 1st day and pro charger on day 2.
Back to top Go down
ChargerSRT
CAMM Pro
ChargerSRT

PostSubject: Re: I'm looking to Boost   I'm looking to Boost I_icon_minitimeJuly 9th 2014, 7:09 am

Thanks Shawn. I am planning on doing this hopefully in a month or so. Can I call you if I run into issues with it?
How bad would it be to add nitrous (100lb shot) in the future?
Also what about the half shafts? I am not ready to upgrade those. Do I need to or are they fine?
Back to top Go down
BigSSmoke
CAMM Member
BigSSmoke

PostSubject: Re: I'm looking to Boost   I'm looking to Boost I_icon_minitimeJuly 9th 2014, 8:54 am

I've been running my procharger on 7lbs for 2 years now on stock axles and no issues. Just don't put drag radials on until you change the axles
Back to top Go down
ChargerSRT
CAMM Pro
ChargerSRT

PostSubject: Re: I'm looking to Boost   I'm looking to Boost I_icon_minitimeJuly 9th 2014, 9:10 am

BigSSmoke wrote:
I've been running my procharger on 7lbs for 2 years now on stock axles and no issues. Just don't put drag radials on until you change the axles
Cool good to know. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
moaugust88
CAMM Pro
moaugust88

PostSubject: Re: I'm looking to Boost   I'm looking to Boost I_icon_minitimeJuly 9th 2014, 10:28 am

However you already have the stock beefier axles rather than what BigSSmoke has in his Charger SRT if its an 06-08. Not saying its a for sure deal but the axles may last with your new setup.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: I'm looking to Boost   I'm looking to Boost I_icon_minitimeJuly 9th 2014, 11:20 am

The 392 ring lands don't seem to like boost. A lot of people have done the Mexican Hat Dance so beware.
Back to top Go down
BigSSmoke
CAMM Member
BigSSmoke

PostSubject: Re: I'm looking to Boost   I'm looking to Boost I_icon_minitimeJuly 9th 2014, 12:26 pm

moaugust88 wrote:
However you already have the stock beefier axles rather than what BigSSmoke has in his Charger SRT if its an 06-08. Not saying its a for sure deal but the axles may last with your new setup.

Yeah mine is an 06 with the crap axles. Not sure how the new ones hold up.
Back to top Go down
ChargerSRT
CAMM Pro
ChargerSRT

PostSubject: Re: I'm looking to Boost   I'm looking to Boost I_icon_minitimeJuly 9th 2014, 12:44 pm

Illinois Chaos wrote:
The 392 ring lands don't seem to like boost. A lot of people have done the Mexican Hat Dance so beware.

Tom, would you happen to know what the rating is on the stock ones? (how much boost they can handle) should I start to be careful when I do more upgrades? Will I be ok with just the procharger? I have read that if I don't go over 6lbs my stock internals should be fine.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: I'm looking to Boost   I'm looking to Boost I_icon_minitimeJuly 9th 2014, 2:44 pm

Some have had good luck @ 6lbs. Almost everyone blows up @ 8. I really wouldn't boost a stock 392. Notice that Mopar boosted a 6.2L on the Hellcat. You should search the boosted 392 threads. Carnage deluxe.
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: I'm looking to Boost   I'm looking to Boost I_icon_minitimeJuly 9th 2014, 4:41 pm

there are some popping without any boost at all. I'm not an expert by any means, but from what I've read the 392 needs to be upgraded before running boost. Adding NO2, you got balls. I'd talk with some pros before you proceed.

bill
Back to top Go down
ChargerSRT
CAMM Pro
ChargerSRT

PostSubject: Re: I'm looking to Boost   I'm looking to Boost I_icon_minitimeJuly 9th 2014, 6:40 pm

OK I have done some reading and it looks like the more serious racers go with the higher boost and upgrade the pistons and axles. This is my daily driver and I and don't go to the track that often. I will probably go with the safe bet of 6 lbs and a few others that Shawn has said. I will most likely wait on the major stuff till a later date. Thank you everybody for the input.
Back to top Go down
ekaz
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: I'm looking to Boost   I'm looking to Boost I_icon_minitimeJuly 9th 2014, 11:03 pm

I would at least replace the stock pistons with some forged drop-ins if boosting a 6.4. Same pistons as the 6.1 but higher compression. So not a good combo for boost. You could possibly run thicker head gaskets which would bring the CR down and be a bit more boost friendly with the stock pistons.
The hellcat displacement went down via a shorter stroke from what I remember reading.
Back to top Go down
ChargerSRT
CAMM Pro
ChargerSRT

PostSubject: Re: I'm looking to Boost   I'm looking to Boost I_icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2015, 9:59 pm

Ok tonight I pulled the trigger and got a whole bunch of other goodies to go along with this one.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: I'm looking to Boost   I'm looking to Boost I_icon_minitimeMarch 3rd 2015, 6:27 am

Congrats, cant wait to see that beast run
Back to top Go down
ChargerSRT
CAMM Pro
ChargerSRT

PostSubject: Re: I'm looking to Boost   I'm looking to Boost I_icon_minitimeMarch 3rd 2015, 7:24 am

Yeah i can't wait and i've got people saying that i have to race a friends vette with nitrous
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm looking to Boost   I'm looking to Boost I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm looking to Boost
Page 1 of 1