Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dynomax VT mufflers and CherryBomb Glasspacks

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Gardidien
CAMM Rookie
Gardidien

Dynomax VT mufflers and CherryBomb Glasspacks Empty
PostSubject: Dynomax VT mufflers and CherryBomb Glasspacks   Dynomax VT mufflers and CherryBomb Glasspacks I_icon_minitimeJune 28th 2014, 1:50 pm

Hi guys, I haven't logged in for a while, but I wanted to stop by and drop a few videos off of what i had tone to my exhaust.

Here's the car with Dynomax VT mufflers in the center and CherryBomb Glasspacks at the rear with Flowmaster Quad Tips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oul6wvCBbug

I'll try to get some more videos from inside the cabin, a 0-60 pull, and some drive by videos in the coming weeks for you guys. My previous exhaust setup videos can be found below.

Here's how the car was before with the factory cylindrical mufflers in the center, and CherryBomb Glasspacks at the rear with Flowmaster Quad Tips. The car was LOUD and MEAN, but the DRONE was terrible!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Bt7fbSOM9o

0-60 Pull with resonator delete and glasspacks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvVMocvXA68

Cabin noise video with resonator delete and glasspacks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4508bgaLrw8

Back to top Go down
MsScarlett
MsScarlett

PostSubject: Re: Dynomax VT mufflers and CherryBomb Glasspacks   Dynomax VT mufflers and CherryBomb Glasspacks I_icon_minitimeAugust 4th 2014, 4:08 pm

How are you liking your setup?  I want to change out my mufflers also and like what you did.  Thanks for posting the videos.
Back to top Go down
Gardidien
CAMM Rookie
Gardidien

PostSubject: Re: Dynomax VT mufflers and CherryBomb Glasspacks   Dynomax VT mufflers and CherryBomb Glasspacks I_icon_minitimeAugust 4th 2014, 4:09 pm

I LOVE it!
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Dynomax VT mufflers and CherryBomb Glasspacks   Dynomax VT mufflers and CherryBomb Glasspacks I_icon_minitimeAugust 5th 2014, 6:44 am

If you dont mind me asking, what did it cost to do? I have a friend I forwarded youtube link to and she loves the sound and whats to do it. Also can you tell me where you ordered everything from?
Thanks
Back to top Go down
Gardidien
CAMM Rookie
Gardidien

PostSubject: Re: Dynomax VT mufflers and CherryBomb Glasspacks   Dynomax VT mufflers and CherryBomb Glasspacks I_icon_minitimeAugust 5th 2014, 9:07 am

The glasspacks I bought off Amazon for about $30 each. You can probably do without them though as I'm not sure they're doing much for the sound. The mufflers I bought from Advance Auto Parts. I bought them online for in store pickup and used a $50 off $125 purchase coupon. The total was closer to about $150. Labor chargers were $125 plus some misc hardware (few feet of pipe and hangers). So in total it was about $325 - $350. I'm pulling the numbers out of my memory and rounded so it's not exact but close.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Dynomax VT mufflers and CherryBomb Glasspacks   Dynomax VT mufflers and CherryBomb Glasspacks I_icon_minitimeAugust 5th 2014, 12:00 pm

Not bad, I will definatley pass the info on. It sounds really good.
Back to top Go down
Gardidien
CAMM Rookie
Gardidien

PostSubject: Re: Dynomax VT mufflers and CherryBomb Glasspacks   Dynomax VT mufflers and CherryBomb Glasspacks I_icon_minitimeAugust 5th 2014, 12:25 pm

Hopefully she can put something together that she really likes! I highly recommend the Dynomax VT mufflers. Great sound and no drone. Like I said, I don't think the glasspacks are doing much, so muffler replacement and reso delete shouldn't cost too much.
Back to top Go down
MsScarlett
MsScarlett

PostSubject: Re: Dynomax VT mufflers and CherryBomb Glasspacks   Dynomax VT mufflers and CherryBomb Glasspacks I_icon_minitimeAugust 5th 2014, 3:27 pm

So, I've been doing my research and reading reviews and I'm going with these mufflers and reso delete.  I think I'll just try straight piping it out and see how it sounds before trying Blastin Bob's.  Now, if I could just be home long enough to get this done and figure out who's gonna do this for me.   Wink  

Thanks again Gardidien for posting your videos and information....it's been very helpful.
Back to top Go down
Gardidien
CAMM Rookie
Gardidien

PostSubject: Re: Dynomax VT mufflers and CherryBomb Glasspacks   Dynomax VT mufflers and CherryBomb Glasspacks I_icon_minitimeAugust 5th 2014, 4:23 pm

Glad I could help! Best of luck to you!
Back to top Go down
Gardidien
CAMM Rookie
Gardidien

PostSubject: Re: Dynomax VT mufflers and CherryBomb Glasspacks   Dynomax VT mufflers and CherryBomb Glasspacks I_icon_minitimeOctober 7th 2014, 9:43 am

MsScarlett wrote:
Hi, I was wondering now that you have had your VT muffler's for a few months if you are still liking everything about them. Do you hear any rattling from the valve opening or closing? I read some reviews that complained about that, but apparently there was a bad batch from the company and they were supposed to be fixed. Is there anything you think you would do differently?

Sorry for the questions, but thanks for the input. It's not easy to find good reviews for SXT mod's.

Krystn

Hi MsScarlett, I guess I don't have enough posts to reply to your PM so I'll just post my response here. I hope you see it. I still love my VT mufflers! There is no rattling from the valve opening or closing. I had the same concern as you after reading early reviews but like you said there was a bad batch from the company and they rectified the situation. The only thing I would have done different was go straight to the VT mufflers right off the bat instead of experimenting with a few different options like I did. It would have saved me a little bit of money. If you have any other questions please ask!

Over the last few months I've had people compliment me on my V8. I even had a cop who has a R/T at home stop me just to talk about my car and he asked what I exhaust I had because he wanted his HEMI to sound like mine did! You should have seen his face when I told him it was V6. Cool

Thanks!

Gardidien
Back to top Go down
MsScarlett
MsScarlett

PostSubject: Re: Dynomax VT mufflers and CherryBomb Glasspacks   Dynomax VT mufflers and CherryBomb Glasspacks I_icon_minitimeOctober 7th 2014, 10:14 am

Gardidien,

Thanks so much for your reply, it's just what I wanted to know.  I'm happy that this setup is still working well for you.  I guess it's time for me to order some mufflers. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dynomax VT mufflers and CherryBomb Glasspacks   Dynomax VT mufflers and CherryBomb Glasspacks I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dynomax VT mufflers and CherryBomb Glasspacks
Page 1 of 1