Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New member, new question!

Go down 
+3
Dre
firestartr420
MiKeYP
7 posters
AuthorMessage
MiKeYP
CAMM Rookie
MiKeYP

New member, new question! Empty
PostSubject: New member, new question!   New member, new question! I_icon_minitimeMay 30th 2014, 3:41 am

Hey everyone!

Brand new to the forum and I'm VERY excited to be part of a group of local mopar owners like myself! I have a white 2013 Charger RT. Only mod(s) done so far are the CAI and window tints.
I'm going to my muffler shop tomorrow to get my mid mufflers deleted. My big question is, since I'm saving for a couple months to get a full catback(Cora Xtreme)!i think I wanna just straight pipe the whole thing. My couple questions are 1 does anyone know if that's illegal in illinois? 2. What performance area would I lose in (hp, torque, gas mileage) .

Thanks anyone and everyone that can answer these. And very happy to be a part of your group!
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: New member, new question!   New member, new question! I_icon_minitimeMay 30th 2014, 7:23 am

now I know you didnt buy a HEMI because you're worried about gas mileage....
Back to top Go down
MiKeYP
CAMM Rookie
MiKeYP

PostSubject: Re: New member, new question!   New member, new question! I_icon_minitimeMay 30th 2014, 10:06 am

Lol no not at all, just curious if it effects it greatly
Back to top Go down
Dre
CAMM Member
Dre

PostSubject: Re: New member, new question!   New member, new question! I_icon_minitimeMay 31st 2014, 12:19 am

Why spend money to modify the exhaust now if you plan on replacing cat back in a couple months? Why not save the money?

When u say straight pipes do you mean cat delete? If so yes that is illegal but we wont tell anyone
Back to top Go down
MiKeYP
CAMM Rookie
MiKeYP

PostSubject: Re: New member, new question!   New member, new question! I_icon_minitimeMay 31st 2014, 11:14 am

Lol won't delete the cat, straight pipe from the cats
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: New member, new question!   New member, new question! I_icon_minitimeMay 31st 2014, 12:27 pm

I am pretty sure you MIGHT lose a little, with no backpressure, I know everybody says more flow is better, but a little backpressure is always good I think, unless you are racing it at the track only and full throttle all the time.
Back to top Go down
TechnoJunky
CAMM Rookie
TechnoJunky

PostSubject: Re: New member, new question!   New member, new question! I_icon_minitimeMay 28th 2015, 7:07 am

You won't lose anything except backpressure. I've heard of some guys complaining that they lost bottom end torque, but that can only be because the computer is trying to compensate. I little tweek with a Diablo should fix it if you experience that.
Back to top Go down
nolajunkie
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: New member, new question!   New member, new question! I_icon_minitimeMay 28th 2015, 12:05 pm

Welcome to the forum from Dundee. Not sure if you care but straight pipe from the cats back is going to most likely give you one hell of a drone issue in the car . As for the illegal issue here is the actual law from Il.

Sec. 12‑602. Mufflers, prevention of noise.
Every motor vehicle driven or operated upon the highways of this State shall at all times be equipped with an adequate muffler or exhaust system in constant operation and properly maintained to prevent any excessive or unusual noise. No such muffler or exhaust system shall be equipped with a cutout, bypass or similar device. No person shall modify the exhaust system of a motor vehicle in a manner which will amplify or increase the noise of such vehicle above that emitted by the muffler originally installed on the vehicle, and such original muffler shall comply with all the requirements of this Section.

Not that any of us follow it.

Back to top Go down
moros323
CAMM Pro
moros323

PostSubject: Re: New member, new question!   New member, new question! I_icon_minitimeSeptember 21st 2015, 4:10 pm

I was running right off the headers and there was a big drop in power. I have always been a mopar guy and in my experience even back in the day before all the computer control....my mopars have always run better with some back pressure. If you like to make some noise go with the regular performance catback system and add in electronic cutouts....then you can still pass an emmissions test but can also run right off the headers to shake the ground...my 5.7 sounded like a monster truck at wot lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New member, new question!   New member, new question! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New member, new question!
Page 1 of 1