Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Go down 
+13
ChargerSRT
RT!st!C
Kooch
blackhemi
AlterEgo
HemiMag
irishrt5.7
HiPwr
Dartboy
Shawn1112
eviltrycycle
chargerchick
billygoat91
17 posters
AuthorMessage
billygoat91
CAMM Member

New Member Empty
PostSubject: New Member   New Member I_icon_minitimeMay 6th 2010, 8:57 am

Hello

I was directed to this forum by someone at the unlawful gathering show.

My wife is the primary driver for a 2006 Chrysler 300 SRT 8. She uses it as a daily driver to work except during the winter months when she uses a A4 Quattro Audi. She wanted a fast car to ensure good passing ability on country roads.

Since the warranty ran out a few months ago I installed a Procharger supercharger system on the car. It is pure stock with the exception of the supercharger and the custom predator tune that was installed by the guys at Illinois Dyno Center in Port Byron, IL (close to Quad Cities). The car dyno'd 532 Hp and 530 ft lbs torque after the install and the custom tune. The torque curve is especially good because the torque comes on at at about 2000 rpm and stays flat to 6000 rpm.

The primary reason I joined was to get to the knowledge base on this forum. For example, I would like to get Jon Toad's input on a new set of 18" wheels and drag radials for the rear as the power overpowers the ESP from a standing start even at part throttle. The car does very well from a roll as my wife passed a E55 AMG on i90 and when the Mercedes tried several times to catch up it quickly receded in the rear view mirror.

Thanks to the guys who set this up

By the way, I am actually old enough to have purchased two cars from Mr. Norm Kraus from Grand Spaulding Dodge in the late 60's. The to cars were a 68 GSS Dart (375 HP 440 big block) and a 69 Superbee 440 Six Pack with the fiberglass lift off hood.

Regards

Billygoat91
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

New Member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Member   New Member I_icon_minitimeMay 6th 2010, 9:00 am

Hi Bill! Welcome to the CAMM forums! Welcome waves

You came to the right place and I bet you wish you still had those cars don't ya?
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

New Member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Member   New Member I_icon_minitimeMay 6th 2010, 9:07 am

Hi Bill. Thanks for signing up.

Sounds like a very nice ride you guys have there. Hopefully you will be able to get all the information you are looking for from the site. If we can help out with anything just let us know.

Smile
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

New Member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Member   New Member I_icon_minitimeMay 6th 2010, 9:17 am

Welcome to Camm.
Back to top Go down
Dartboy
Founding Member
Founding Member
Dartboy

New Member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Member   New Member I_icon_minitimeMay 6th 2010, 9:20 am

great to have you here with us... post up some pics of the ride...

wow if your wife is driving that...what are you driving?
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

New Member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Member   New Member I_icon_minitimeMay 6th 2010, 9:45 am

Welcome to CAMM.
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

New Member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Member   New Member I_icon_minitimeMay 6th 2010, 10:09 am

Welcome to CAMM...
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

New Member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Member   New Member I_icon_minitimeMay 6th 2010, 12:52 pm

Welcome to CAMM and thats a hell of a daily driver for the wife!!!
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

New Member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Member   New Member I_icon_minitimeMay 6th 2010, 5:49 pm

Welcome to CAMM! Glad you found us and I know that someone here will help you with the answers you are looking for.
Back to top Go down
blackhemi
CAMM Pro
blackhemi

New Member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Member   New Member I_icon_minitimeMay 6th 2010, 5:50 pm

Welcome to CAMM!
Back to top Go down
Kooch
CAMM Member
Kooch

New Member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Member   New Member I_icon_minitimeMay 6th 2010, 6:13 pm

Welcome!! pics please......
Back to top Go down
RT!st!C
CAMM Pro
RT!st!C

New Member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Member   New Member I_icon_minitimeMay 6th 2010, 6:29 pm

welcome, you will like it here! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
ChargerSRT
CAMM Pro
ChargerSRT

New Member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Member   New Member I_icon_minitimeMay 6th 2010, 6:40 pm

Welcome to CAMM
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

New Member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Member   New Member I_icon_minitimeMay 6th 2010, 7:54 pm

Hi Bill! Welcome to the CAMM forums! Welcome waves

Bet you wish you still had those cars! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

New Member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Member   New Member I_icon_minitimeMay 6th 2010, 10:24 pm

Welcome to CAMM, Bill. The issue your wife is having isn't related to the blower. It's a common issue on all blower installs caused by the throttle body thinking that when you ask for partial throttle it thinks you want full throttle. Then you get momentary WOT and lot's of burning rubber, right? I also have that issue. I kinda like it, but that's just me, lol. Iv'e learned to deal with it. There is good news though, Tim Barth at Mr. Norms has the absolute fix for your wifes problems with unintended acceleration. He developed a module that resolves this issue. It's a permanent fix and I think it's around $400 to install.
Back to top Go down
billygoat91
CAMM Member

New Member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Member   New Member I_icon_minitimeMay 7th 2010, 9:22 am

Thank you for all the welcomes,

For Charger Chick, it would be nice to have those old Mopars, unfortunately, the Six Pack Superbee was stolen and recovered without an engine or the rear axle.

The Dart GSS was sold to my brother when I was drafted. He kept it for 10 more years and then sold it to a collector.

For illinois Chaos, we don't have unintended acceleration. The issue is too much torque from a standstill, that is the tires are not sticky enough and one has to roll it slowly before going to wide open throttle. In first gear, WOT will break the tires loose even from a roll, in second gear, it is better, no problem in third gear. That is why I am looking to pick up a set of perhaps 18 inch vox or Borbet wheels that are 8.5 inches wide, I don't think they have wider wheels, these may fit over the brakes and have the right bolt pattern. I was thinking of Nitto, Kumho or Mickey Thompson drag radials, probably in a 275 40 18 size for the rears. I am concerned about too sticky a tire as I know that the half shafts are a problem with these vehicles.

Another knowledge question was whether anyone knows if the police package rt's have a stronger half shaft. I also wonder if new challenger srt rear end is better than the 06 300 srt rear end as I think the new rear end is a true positraction type rear end as opposed to using the esp which basically senses wheel spin and uses the brakes to slow the spinning wheel. Pre supercharger, WOT standing starts (ESP on) would have a little spin, the car would get moving it would be fine. Now, WOT standing starts (esp on) will just fry the rear tires (Toyo Proxes) and the spin can be controlled only by backing off on the gas. With ESP off, one has to feather the throttle to not have spin, it will chirp the tires on the shift to second, then wot to the third gear shift (it will chirp the tires on the 2nd to 3rd shift), after the shift to third WOT is ok to redline thereafter. The Predator tune is a part of this also as it allows higher shift points (both manual and auto stick mode) and with the additional power, it gets to redline much faster.

As for pictures, the car is stock (black) on the outside except for the different front grille. We intend to go to Mr. Norm's opening in June and look forward to seeing you there, I am not sure if we will have this car as my brother is coming also and he has a 2010 SRT 8 red charger. He is waiting for the warranty to expire and then he will probably add power mods.

Have a great day!

Bill
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

New Member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Member   New Member I_icon_minitimeMay 7th 2010, 9:26 am

Welcome

Alright! Another NW suburban member. There's starting to be quite a few of us around here. Glad you joined.

-Dave
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

New Member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Member   New Member I_icon_minitimeMay 7th 2010, 11:39 am

billygoat91 wrote:
Thank you for all the welcomes,

For Charger Chick, it would be nice to have those old Mopars, unfortunately, the Six Pack Superbee was stolen and recovered without an engine or the rear axle.

The Dart GSS was sold to my brother when I was drafted. He kept it for 10 more years and then sold it to a collector.

For illinois Chaos, we don't have unintended acceleration. The issue is too much torque from a standstill, that is the tires are not sticky enough and one has to roll it slowly before going to wide open throttle. In first gear, WOT will break the tires loose even from a roll, in second gear, it is better, no problem in third gear. That is why I am looking to pick up a set of perhaps 18 inch vox or Borbet wheels that are 8.5 inches wide, I don't think they have wider wheels, these may fit over the brakes and have the right bolt pattern. I was thinking of Nitto, Kumho or Mickey Thompson drag radials, probably in a 275 40 18 size for the rears. I am concerned about too sticky a tire as I know that the half shafts are a problem with these vehicles.

Another knowledge question was whether anyone knows if the police package rt's have a stronger half shaft. I also wonder if new challenger srt rear end is better than the 06 300 srt rear end as I think the new rear end is a true positraction type rear end as opposed to using the esp which basically senses wheel spin and uses the brakes to slow the spinning wheel. Pre supercharger, WOT standing starts (ESP on) would have a little spin, the car would get moving it would be fine. Now, WOT standing starts (esp on) will just fry the rear tires (Toyo Proxes) and the spin can be controlled only by backing off on the gas. With ESP off, one has to feather the throttle to not have spin, it will chirp the tires on the shift to second, then wot to the third gear shift (it will chirp the tires on the 2nd to 3rd shift), after the shift to third WOT is ok to redline thereafter. The Predator tune is a part of this also as it allows higher shift points (both manual and auto stick mode) and with the additional power, it gets to redline much faster.

As for pictures, the car is stock (black) on the outside except for the different front grille. We intend to go to Mr. Norm's opening in June and look forward to seeing you there, I am not sure if we will have this car as my brother is coming also and he has a 2010 SRT 8 red charger. He is waiting for the warranty to expire and then he will probably add power mods.

Have a great day!

Bill

Bill, alot of folks are going with the Chally rearend complete. 225mm and the Getrag LSD. Those halfs are supposedly holding up with dr's hooking at the line for apps at 700hp or less. Give or take. Nitto dr's are a popular choice because they are a little smaller than their size indicates. As far as unintended acceleration with your centri blower, you are the only person that I have ever heard of that doesn't have the issue. It is most noticeable in auto stick (cuz it holds the gear) and for me it happens when I leave from a dead stop and apply just a touch too much power to get rolling. The results are Wot for 1-2 secs. It can happen at different rpms or gears for some apps.. Your tuner must have been very knowledgeable to set up parameters to prevent this when it was tuned.
Back to top Go down
dallen808378
CAMM Rookie
dallen808378

New Member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Member   New Member I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2010, 11:54 pm

welcome to camms
Back to top Go down
yousmellfunnytoo
CAMM Rookie

New Member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Member   New Member I_icon_minitimeMay 21st 2010, 11:54 pm

Welcome... Your wife drives a sweet ride!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Member   New Member I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1