Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

wheel locks

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

wheel locks Empty
PostSubject: wheel locks   wheel locks I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2014, 6:40 pm

are they worth the hassle? I'm getting a new set of lug nuts that use a 19mm socket, the same size as the nuts I use on my drag setup, so one socket does it all...that is unless I opt for a set of locking wheel nuts. Then I'm back to different sockets. What do you guys think, do I need wheel locks, I obviously haven't had my rims/tires stolen yet. I know a few people that may be on the wrong side of the law now and then, and they seem to think that the locks don't do anything but slow someone down, and even then not by much.

bill
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

wheel locks Empty
PostSubject: Re: wheel locks   wheel locks I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2014, 7:21 pm

I have them on the Jeep (they came with it) but not the Charger. Maybe slowing them down is the difference between catching them in the act, or not. Or maybe it's the difference in a thief skipping your car because it's a hassle. Or skipping it altogether because they aren't as skilled as your buddies but just shit-bag opportunists.
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

wheel locks Empty
PostSubject: Re: wheel locks   wheel locks I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2014, 9:04 pm

not buddies, but people I run into from time to time from the neighborhood I grew up in.
Back to top Go down
Yuro
CAMM Pro
Yuro

wheel locks Empty
PostSubject: Re: wheel locks   wheel locks I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2014, 11:27 pm

I just messed up one of my locks, so if u do go that route, go gorilla, i went dorman... Nope, never again...
Back to top Go down
ChicagoSRT8
CAMM Member
ChicagoSRT8

wheel locks Empty
PostSubject: Re: wheel locks   wheel locks I_icon_minitimeMay 4th 2014, 12:59 pm

If it will put your mind at ease I say do it. Otherwise you might drive yourself nuts ;-)
I don't have aftermarket wheels so I can't give you more advice...
Back to top Go down
BigM
CAMM Pro
BigM

wheel locks Empty
PostSubject: Re: wheel locks   wheel locks I_icon_minitimeMay 4th 2014, 6:48 pm

I just got a set of Gorilla Automotive 71643N "The System" Acorn Wheel Locks (14mm x 1.50" Thread Size) to use on my new SRT wheels. I've got Gorillas on the current winter set up but no locks.

The system sets are all locks. I like that they all look the same.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

wheel locks Empty
PostSubject: Re: wheel locks   wheel locks I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

wheel locks
Page 1 of 1