Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2015 Dodge Challenger, Charger Teased Ahead Of 2014 New York Auto Show Debut

Go down 
+7
jontoad
Blackbird
Illinois Chaos
Exura
firestartr420
Yuro
eviltrycycle
11 posters
AuthorMessage
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

2015 Dodge Challenger, Charger Teased Ahead Of 2014 New York Auto Show Debut Empty
PostSubject: 2015 Dodge Challenger, Charger Teased Ahead Of 2014 New York Auto Show Debut   2015 Dodge Challenger, Charger Teased Ahead Of 2014 New York Auto Show Debut I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2014, 4:24 pm

Link

The 2015 Dodge Challenger is coming, with a refreshed or new exterior and interior—and, possibly, a Super Bee edition. The first teaser images for the car and its Charger companion have hit the web ahead of its 2014 New York Auto Show debut.

The images reveal the nose of the Charger (above) and the instrument panel (below)--which will be shared with the 2015 Dodge Challenger, also coming to New York--primarily the tachometer, and while it’s a sporty modern-retro gauge of goodness, there’s an LCD screen in the center that shows a revved-up bee on wheels. And the history of bees and Dodges is an interesting one.

In the 1970s, Dodge built several models with the Super Bee name, from the Coronet to the (then two-door) Charger. Offered as a low-priced performance version of the cars it was based on, the Super Bee wasn’t as successful as some competitive brands, but it still holds a special place in the hearts of many Mopar muscle car fans. Could a new Super Bee be on its way? Quite possibly.

Alternatively, a similar logo has been used for the recent Scat Pack editions. The Super Bee also wore Scat Pack badges in the 1970s, the Super Bee name and logo being based on the original Scat Pack mascot--so it could merely be an indicator of that special add-on set of features.

An even hotter SRT version of the car, possibly to be named "Hellcat," is also expected to join the 2015 Challenger lineup.

Dodge hasn’t released any more detail on what to expect of the 2015 Challenger just yet, but we’ll have the full details, including live photos, fresh from the car’s debut next week in New York.

2015 Dodge Challenger, Charger Teased Ahead Of 2014 New York Auto Show Debut 2015-dodge-challenger-teaser-image_100462883_s
Back to top Go down
Yuro
CAMM Pro
Yuro

2015 Dodge Challenger, Charger Teased Ahead Of 2014 New York Auto Show Debut Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2015 Dodge Challenger, Charger Teased Ahead Of 2014 New York Auto Show Debut   2015 Dodge Challenger, Charger Teased Ahead Of 2014 New York Auto Show Debut I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2014, 4:34 pm

The charger renditions with that shot look horrible!
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Dodge Challenger, Charger Teased Ahead Of 2014 New York Auto Show Debut   2015 Dodge Challenger, Charger Teased Ahead Of 2014 New York Auto Show Debut I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2014, 5:32 pm

looks like a dart front end instead of a charger...
Back to top Go down
Yuro
CAMM Pro
Yuro

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Dodge Challenger, Charger Teased Ahead Of 2014 New York Auto Show Debut   2015 Dodge Challenger, Charger Teased Ahead Of 2014 New York Auto Show Debut I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2014, 5:43 pm

A cross between the dart and avenger, or just plain n simple, a Journey looking charger...
Back to top Go down
Yuro
CAMM Pro
Yuro

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Dodge Challenger, Charger Teased Ahead Of 2014 New York Auto Show Debut   2015 Dodge Challenger, Charger Teased Ahead Of 2014 New York Auto Show Debut I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2014, 9:58 pm

What's this? The Dart-Ger?
http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3005009#post3005009
Back to top Go down
Exura
CAMM Member
Exura

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Dodge Challenger, Charger Teased Ahead Of 2014 New York Auto Show Debut   2015 Dodge Challenger, Charger Teased Ahead Of 2014 New York Auto Show Debut I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2014, 11:03 pm

Ugh im just going to have to strangle the designer  bat
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Dodge Challenger, Charger Teased Ahead Of 2014 New York Auto Show Debut   2015 Dodge Challenger, Charger Teased Ahead Of 2014 New York Auto Show Debut I_icon_minitimeApril 17th 2014, 9:15 am

The front bumper needs to be red to look better. I don't care for that gaping hole look.
Back to top Go down
Blackbird
CAMM Member
Blackbird

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Dodge Challenger, Charger Teased Ahead Of 2014 New York Auto Show Debut   2015 Dodge Challenger, Charger Teased Ahead Of 2014 New York Auto Show Debut I_icon_minitimeApril 17th 2014, 3:08 pm

I watched the live feed today. The Challenger looks about the same as the current one but with a slightly different front and perhaps a little less boxy look. The interior looks great. It sounds like they are renaming the "SRT" the "Scat Pack." Performance will be about the same but you can increase the 5.7 an additional 40 HP (IIRC) to 410 with the previously announced Skat Pack options (I assume this will cost about $9,000).

I'm not as unhappy with the new Charger as I thought I'd be. The rear, even though it looks like a Dart isn't that bad and the profile doesn't look that much different from the current version. It looks like it has a built-in "ducks-ass" spoiler. The front though is a major disappointment. It seems like they just couldn't come up with a good idea so this is what they left us with.  Evil or Very Mad  No real performance increases although they did say something about it weighing less. The interior has some minor differences from the current version. There appears to be some improvements in the electronics like g force readouts, acceleration times and lane departure warning. The 8 speed trans will be standard. No mention of an SRT or Super Bee version and no AWD for the Hemi.
Back to top Go down
Yuro
CAMM Pro
Yuro

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Dodge Challenger, Charger Teased Ahead Of 2014 New York Auto Show Debut   2015 Dodge Challenger, Charger Teased Ahead Of 2014 New York Auto Show Debut I_icon_minitimeApril 17th 2014, 4:26 pm

Speculative:The SRT will now be the top contenders/performers, labeled as SRT not Dodge, and handled by the SRT Team. Will include the Hellcats, Chally, Chargy, and rumored Cuda, and what Im guessing, the future of the Viper, no longer powered by a V10, but by the Hellcats n SC's
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Dodge Challenger, Charger Teased Ahead Of 2014 New York Auto Show Debut   2015 Dodge Challenger, Charger Teased Ahead Of 2014 New York Auto Show Debut I_icon_minitimeApril 17th 2014, 6:26 pm

SRT is the top of the line and their own separate company... all others are Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep respectively. The scat pack is a performance group of options for the 5.7 Hemi's 2011+ model years.
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Dodge Challenger, Charger Teased Ahead Of 2014 New York Auto Show Debut   2015 Dodge Challenger, Charger Teased Ahead Of 2014 New York Auto Show Debut I_icon_minitimeApril 17th 2014, 6:28 pm

as for the release of the new charger. The side profile appears to be the same, but the front end looks like a dart. I like the headlights they went with, but the red car they released with the viper wheels I think needs a spoiler on the back end to complete the look. The rear end on these 2nd chargers doesn't look right without the spoiler...
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Dodge Challenger, Charger Teased Ahead Of 2014 New York Auto Show Debut   2015 Dodge Challenger, Charger Teased Ahead Of 2014 New York Auto Show Debut I_icon_minitimeApril 17th 2014, 7:41 pm

firestartr420 wrote:
as for the release of the new charger.  The side profile appears to be the same, but the front end looks like a dart.  I like the headlights they went with, but the red car they released with the viper wheels I think needs a spoiler on the back end to complete the look.  The rear end on these 2nd chargers doesn't look right without the spoiler...

like this....? played with photoshop earlier today.

2015 Dodge Challenger, Charger Teased Ahead Of 2014 New York Auto Show Debut 2432dg6
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Dodge Challenger, Charger Teased Ahead Of 2014 New York Auto Show Debut   2015 Dodge Challenger, Charger Teased Ahead Of 2014 New York Auto Show Debut I_icon_minitimeApril 17th 2014, 8:31 pm

Blackbird i think i saw you drive by my shop in Lombard yesterday. either that or someone has the same red graphics on the side a black charger. the sound of the car caught my ear while i was working.  thumbsup 
Back to top Go down
GSB06SRT
CAMM Pro
GSB06SRT

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Dodge Challenger, Charger Teased Ahead Of 2014 New York Auto Show Debut   2015 Dodge Challenger, Charger Teased Ahead Of 2014 New York Auto Show Debut I_icon_minitimeApril 17th 2014, 9:00 pm

firestartr420 wrote:
SRT is the top of the line and their own separate company... all others are Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep respectively.   The scat pack is a performance group of options for the 5.7 Hemi's 2011+ model years.  

What he said, I called Chrylser to bitch about a dealer issue and they wouldn't even talk to me just said I need to call SRT and I said but my shitbox is a 06 and they said doesn't matter all SRT's are handled by them regardless of year... cool.
Back to top Go down
BigM
CAMM Pro
BigM

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Dodge Challenger, Charger Teased Ahead Of 2014 New York Auto Show Debut   2015 Dodge Challenger, Charger Teased Ahead Of 2014 New York Auto Show Debut I_icon_minitimeApril 17th 2014, 10:46 pm

For the Challenger there are special packages that let you get the 6.4 in an R/T trim, would be cool if they extended that to Charger as well.

At least they're making room for the Hellcats Smile

I like the new Matte Hyper II finish on those Charger wheels they showed. Looks like that Charger was an R/T R&T package judging from the red R/T badges and the stitching on seats. The seat was almost fully synthetic suede, kinda nice.

All R/Ts will have 20s and there are 6 new 20 inch designs including a 20x9 forged option. If you look at the detail shots those wheels on the Charger are stamped "mopar" "lightweight".
Back to top Go down
Blackbird
CAMM Member
Blackbird

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Dodge Challenger, Charger Teased Ahead Of 2014 New York Auto Show Debut   2015 Dodge Challenger, Charger Teased Ahead Of 2014 New York Auto Show Debut I_icon_minitimeApril 17th 2014, 11:40 pm

jontoad wrote:
Blackbird i think i saw you drive by my shop in Lombard yesterday. either that or someone has the same red graphics on the side a black charger. the sound of the car caught my ear while i was working.  thumbsup 

Probably was me. I was going down Roosevelt on my way to Harbor Freight to pick up a sweet new torque wrench. Damn I better not do anything bad while I'm in that car. I won't be able to get away with anything. Glad you liked the sound.

I was playing around with your photochop on the 2015 adding a Danko jumbo mesh with a bit of a V shape and pointed the hood a bit. Here's what I came up with:

2015 Dodge Challenger, Charger Teased Ahead Of 2014 New York Auto Show Debut 2015-Variations_zps04b6b24a

Maybe we can sell the design to Chrysler.
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Dodge Challenger, Charger Teased Ahead Of 2014 New York Auto Show Debut   2015 Dodge Challenger, Charger Teased Ahead Of 2014 New York Auto Show Debut I_icon_minitimeApril 18th 2014, 6:07 am

GSB06SRT wrote:
firestartr420 wrote:
SRT is the top of the line and their own separate company... all others are Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep respectively.   The scat pack is a performance group of options for the 5.7 Hemi's 2011+ model years.  

What he said, I called Chrylser to bitch about a dealer issue and they wouldn't even talk to me just said I need to call SRT and I said but my shitbox is a 06 and they said doesn't matter all SRT's are handled by them regardless of year... cool.

I hope this means SRT dealerships soon.

That blacked out front on the new charger is stupid. Why do they keep doing that?
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Dodge Challenger, Charger Teased Ahead Of 2014 New York Auto Show Debut   2015 Dodge Challenger, Charger Teased Ahead Of 2014 New York Auto Show Debut I_icon_minitimeApril 18th 2014, 9:32 am

Blackbird wrote:
jontoad wrote:

Probably was me. I was going down Roosevelt on my way to Harbor Freight to pick up a sweet new torque wrench. Damn I better not do anything bad while I'm in that car. I won't be able to get away with anything. Glad you liked the sound.

I was playing around with your photochop on the 2015 adding a Danko jumbo mesh with a bit of a V shape and pointed the hood a bit. Here's what I came up with:

2015 Dodge Challenger, Charger Teased Ahead Of 2014 New York Auto Show Debut 2015-Variations_zps04b6b24a

Maybe we can sell the design to Chrysler.

that looks cool but you have to remember car design has to take into consideration the parts of the car and crash requirements. the front steel crash bar probably wouldn't allow the grill dip like that without re shaping the crash bar. that would mean big money in manufacturing to have 2 different crash bars.
Back to top Go down
Blackbird
CAMM Member
Blackbird

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Dodge Challenger, Charger Teased Ahead Of 2014 New York Auto Show Debut   2015 Dodge Challenger, Charger Teased Ahead Of 2014 New York Auto Show Debut I_icon_minitimeApril 18th 2014, 12:54 pm

^Good point. The V shapes might be able to be done cosmetically with the right angles. In any case, I'm thinking more aftermarket since it's probably hopeless that Chrysler will change the design at this point. About the only hope is if there is enough backlash that they are forced to go back to the drawing board. Still as someone pointed out in another forum, Chrysler might be going for the fleet/family car market with the Charger, abandoning the performance market to the Challenger.
Back to top Go down
BigM
CAMM Pro
BigM

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Dodge Challenger, Charger Teased Ahead Of 2014 New York Auto Show Debut   2015 Dodge Challenger, Charger Teased Ahead Of 2014 New York Auto Show Debut I_icon_minitimeApril 18th 2014, 2:55 pm

This video shows some more angles on the Charger:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVuyNUHggNM

There are a bunch of good Chally videos put out by Dodge, even the SXT looks badass.

I notice the car in video has P Zeros that might be the new summer option tire.
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Dodge Challenger, Charger Teased Ahead Of 2014 New York Auto Show Debut   2015 Dodge Challenger, Charger Teased Ahead Of 2014 New York Auto Show Debut I_icon_minitimeApril 18th 2014, 4:37 pm

Blackbird wrote:
^Good point. The V shapes might be able to be done cosmetically with the right angles. In any case, I'm thinking more aftermarket since it's probably hopeless that Chrysler will change the design at this point. About the only hope is if there is enough backlash that they are forced to go back to the drawing board. Still as someone pointed out in another forum, Chrysler might be going for the fleet/family car market with the Charger, abandoning the performance market to the Challenger.  

This is what they are doing.... The charger is already pretty much marketed as the family car, but the family car with balls...
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Dodge Challenger, Charger Teased Ahead Of 2014 New York Auto Show Debut   2015 Dodge Challenger, Charger Teased Ahead Of 2014 New York Auto Show Debut I_icon_minitimeApril 18th 2014, 5:01 pm

firestartr420 wrote:
This is what they are doing.... The charger is already pretty much marketed as the family car, but the family car with balls...

well actually up to now it was the other way around. the charger got the tighter suspension and the challenger was the "touring car"

even Ralph Gilles said so in interviews. like on Leno's Garage he said the Charger SRT was the track car of the 2011 lineup.
Back to top Go down
BigM
CAMM Pro
BigM

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Dodge Challenger, Charger Teased Ahead Of 2014 New York Auto Show Debut   2015 Dodge Challenger, Charger Teased Ahead Of 2014 New York Auto Show Debut I_icon_minitimeApril 18th 2014, 8:31 pm

That's true on the SRT cars the spring rates went 300<Challenger<Charger/Magnum
Back to top Go down
moparmarc
CAMM Pro
moparmarc

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Dodge Challenger, Charger Teased Ahead Of 2014 New York Auto Show Debut   2015 Dodge Challenger, Charger Teased Ahead Of 2014 New York Auto Show Debut I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2014, 5:26 pm

Id hump this rear end if I could... I love it! Dig it much more then the old taillights.  bootyshake 
2015 Dodge Challenger, Charger Teased Ahead Of 2014 New York Auto Show Debut 2015-dodge-challenger-at-2014-new-york-auto-show_100464681_l
2015 Dodge Challenger, Charger Teased Ahead Of 2014 New York Auto Show Debut 2015-Dodge-Challenger-RT-taillight
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Dodge Challenger, Charger Teased Ahead Of 2014 New York Auto Show Debut   2015 Dodge Challenger, Charger Teased Ahead Of 2014 New York Auto Show Debut I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2014, 10:46 pm

now THAT's an ass!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2015 Dodge Challenger, Charger Teased Ahead Of 2014 New York Auto Show Debut   2015 Dodge Challenger, Charger Teased Ahead Of 2014 New York Auto Show Debut I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2015 Dodge Challenger, Charger Teased Ahead Of 2014 New York Auto Show Debut
Page 1 of 1