Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

dumd question

Go down 
+6
Blackbird
TechnoJunky
funkpolice
Yuro
jamesv82
Kooch
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Kooch
CAMM Member
Kooch

dumd question Empty
PostSubject: dumd question   dumd question I_icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2013, 8:38 pm

What is the difference between a cat delete and a reso delete? I mean what would sound better on the 392?
Back to top Go down
jamesv82
jamesv82

dumd question Empty
PostSubject: Re: dumd question   dumd question I_icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2013, 8:54 pm

Cat is the catalytic conveter and the reso are the muffler type things right before your tail pipe ends.

If you have to do an emmisions test I don't think you can pass without the catalytic converter. Others with better knowledge will let you know.
Back to top Go down
Kooch
CAMM Member
Kooch

dumd question Empty
PostSubject: Re: dumd question   dumd question I_icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2013, 8:59 pm

No test where I live!
Back to top Go down
Kooch
CAMM Member
Kooch

dumd question Empty
PostSubject: Re: dumd question   dumd question I_icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2013, 9:00 pm

Any performance gains? Does one sound better than the other?
Back to top Go down
Yuro
CAMM Pro
Yuro

dumd question Empty
PostSubject: Re: dumd question   dumd question I_icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2013, 10:35 pm

If u have no emissions, take the cats off first, they give u the most restriction and damper your exhaust sound.
Taking them off you will open exhaust better achieving slightly better performance and more sound.
If you need more sound you can go for a reso delete but resos are what hold off the drone from reaching inside the car.
Back to top Go down
Kooch
CAMM Member
Kooch

dumd question Empty
PostSubject: Re: dumd question   dumd question I_icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2013, 5:55 pm

thanx for the response..
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

dumd question Empty
PostSubject: Re: dumd question   dumd question I_icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2013, 6:26 pm

it'll smell faster without the cats.
Back to top Go down
TechnoJunky
CAMM Rookie
TechnoJunky

dumd question Empty
PostSubject: Re: dumd question   dumd question I_icon_minitimeMay 28th 2015, 7:31 am

We're all looking for our cars to 'smell' faster, aren't we? Smile You can remove your cats, they are the most restrictive part of the exhaust system. I've heard others say that a better option, but one that can't be undone, is to punch out the innards of the cats (wear mask, lots of bad dust). I believe there's sensors in the comp that detect them missing. But be warned, here in Illinois once your car is 5 years old, they required emissions tests. I guarantee your car will fail without the cats.
Back to top Go down
Blackbird
CAMM Member
Blackbird

dumd question Empty
PostSubject: Re: dumd question   dumd question I_icon_minitimeMay 28th 2015, 5:01 pm

If you remove the cats, there might be problems in selling the car unless you replace them before you sell it. As an alternative, there might be some low restriction cats available.
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

dumd question Empty
PostSubject: Re: dumd question   dumd question I_icon_minitimeMay 28th 2015, 6:19 pm

Penguins will cry and polar bear cubs will drown if you remove the cats.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

dumd question Empty
PostSubject: Re: dumd question   dumd question I_icon_minitimeMay 28th 2015, 8:22 pm

TechnoJunky wrote:
We're all looking for our cars to 'smell' faster, aren't we?  Smile  You can remove your cats, they are the most restrictive part of the exhaust system.  I've heard others say that a better option, but one that can't be undone, is to punch out the innards of the cats (wear mask, lots of bad dust).  I believe there's sensors in the comp that detect them missing.  But be warned, here in Illinois once your car is 5 years old, they required emissions tests.  I guarantee your car will fail without the cats.
I guarantee you it will pass with no cats and a tune from Johan! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

dumd question Empty
PostSubject: Re: dumd question   dumd question I_icon_minitimeMay 28th 2015, 10:31 pm

my 2 cents. i wouldnt delete the cats. an expensive thing to go back and fix if you ever changed your mine. my opinion, delete you resos, and have some aftermarket mufflers welded in. itll sound great since you are looking for sound. i just have my resos deleted and love it. its not quiet, but not stupid loud either. yes it has drone, but if we mod our exhaust arent we looking for sound?? lol
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

dumd question Empty
PostSubject: Re: dumd question   dumd question I_icon_minitimeMay 28th 2015, 11:58 pm

Adam you need to dynamat your trunk. i have no drone, i even have highflow mids and i don't have drone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

dumd question Empty
PostSubject: Re: dumd question   dumd question I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

dumd question
Page 1 of 1