Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TB question

Go down 
+2
Headtripp
kaotik29
6 posters
AuthorMessage
kaotik29
CAMM Pro
kaotik29

TB question Empty
PostSubject: TB question   TB question I_icon_minitimeFebruary 5th 2010, 1:27 pm

anyone know where I could get a TB ported? Is $150 shipped a good price for a new one not ported? Where the hell is Matt?
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

TB question Empty
PostSubject: Re: TB question   TB question I_icon_minitimeFebruary 5th 2010, 2:34 pm

I thought he was looking for some cores anyway
Back to top Go down
kaotik29
CAMM Pro
kaotik29

TB question Empty
PostSubject: Re: TB question   TB question I_icon_minitimeFebruary 5th 2010, 2:57 pm

Yea but never came across one for a 2.7 or 3.5. Also we could do a core exchange with the one I take off my car for any 2.7 or 3.5s that want to get a ported TB
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

TB question Empty
PostSubject: Re: TB question   TB question I_icon_minitimeFebruary 5th 2010, 3:13 pm

I just ported mine myself........
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

TB question Empty
PostSubject: Re: TB question   TB question I_icon_minitimeFebruary 5th 2010, 3:24 pm

I'm wondering if switching mine from an 80 to 87mm doesn't require another cmr tune on the dyno?
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

TB question Empty
PostSubject: Re: TB question   TB question I_icon_minitimeFebruary 5th 2010, 3:43 pm

Illinois Chaos wrote:
I'm wondering if switching mine from an 80 to 87mm doesn't require another cmr tune on the dyno?

your car should be able to handle it. thats why you have the sensor in the intake.

my car got pissed and didn't want to run for a minute, but i took it around the block once and it learned it and has been fine since. data logs don't look much different so the computer will make it work, its not a big enough change to require a new tune like a cam or heads would.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

TB question Empty
PostSubject: Re: TB question   TB question I_icon_minitimeFebruary 5th 2010, 6:49 pm

Well I hope your right, Jon. I drove it and threw 2codes for too much air. Same night same distance travelled in between. I reset it and ditched the codes. I'll hafta wait for another nice day to drive it again.
Back to top Go down
ChiTownHemi
CAMM All-Star
ChiTownHemi

TB question Empty
PostSubject: Re: TB question   TB question I_icon_minitimeFebruary 5th 2010, 8:07 pm

Illinois Chaos wrote:
Well I hope your right, Jon. I drove it and threw 2codes for too much air. Same night same distance travelled in between. I reset it and ditched the codes. I'll hafta wait for another nice day to drive it again.

Yep. You should be fine. Mine did exactly the same thing. Re-learned after the first few runs and it's been great ever since.
Back to top Go down
kaotik29
CAMM Pro
kaotik29

TB question Empty
PostSubject: Re: TB question   TB question I_icon_minitimeFebruary 6th 2010, 3:06 am

Moparcharger06 wrote:
I just ported mine myself........
. If I get one can u do it for me? How much would u charge me?
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

TB question Empty
PostSubject: Re: TB question   TB question I_icon_minitimeFebruary 6th 2010, 7:08 am

ChiTownHemi wrote:
Illinois Chaos wrote:

Yep. You should be fine. Mine did exactly the same thing. Re-learned after the first few runs and it's been great ever since.

Thanks for sharing, Bill. I feel better now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

TB question Empty
PostSubject: Re: TB question   TB question I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TB question
Page 1 of 1