Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ares- my inferno

Go down 
+41
chicagovich
srtdoodzer
funkpolice
BigSSmoke
moparmarc
jesse031081
Burntclutches
JacksSRT8
5.7daytona
jlg1963
Illinois Chaos
mwa145
inkedup
Hypnotiq
Bulldog
jamesv82
stairman
moros323
Fidostudio
jontoad
Okie6.1
BigM
firestartr420
Iguanaman
ChiTownHemi
Hoodie
pebbles
irishrt5.7
xegitalian19xx
Mad Hatter
HemiMag
Shawn1112
liljoejoe54
Headtripp
chargerchick
AlterEgo
TheDarkKnight
Moparcharger07
Admin
HiPwr
eviltrycycle
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
AuthorMessage
xegitalian19xx
Founding Member
Founding Member
xegitalian19xx

Ares- my inferno - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ares- my inferno   Ares- my inferno - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeApril 12th 2016, 8:48 am

Sweet! I assume mine should be pretty easy to do considering its only a couple weeks old, but then again it has been sitting on the lot for a while as well, so i'm sure she can use a good waxing of that ass!! Just need it to stop raining & i'll be happy!
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Ares- my inferno   Ares- my inferno - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeApril 12th 2016, 8:57 am

xegitalian19xx wrote:
Sweet!  I assume mine should be pretty easy to do considering its only a couple weeks old, but then again it has been sitting on the lot for a while as well, so i'm sure she can use a good waxing of that ass!!  Just need it to stop raining & i'll be happy!

LOL, think again, especially with white. I thought the same thing with my white 300, boy was I wrong. No rain the rest of the week, so get at it, then come do mine
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Ares- my inferno   Ares- my inferno - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeApril 12th 2016, 9:02 am

eviltrycycle wrote:
Yep that is a good deal, it wasn't on Amazon, well there were some but the reviews sucked.  I was told the particular one I posted was the one to get so I went with Chemical Bros, plus I wanted to get some of the hard waterspot remover from them as well.

I liked using it a lot, I tend to drop the clay and the mitt goes on your hand so that pretty much eliminates that.  I used my right hand in the mitt and my left hand I went back over the area doing the touch test until it felt smooth.  I did check the mitt every so often to see if it was picking up anything large and if I saw anything I picked it off the mitt.  That was the only thing I was uneasy about, doing the whole car and having something large in the mitt and scratching the living hell out of it.  But the same thing can happen with regular clay, yeah you fold it around but if you have something big in it there is a chance it can come back up and same thing.  

Hope you guys like it once you get it.  I checked mine on Sunday and it still feels like new.  I used it two times last year and its back in its original package and it lived in one of my wash buckets in the garage all winter so its pretty durable.

Instead of your hand have you tried the plastic bag test? Ever since I read about it like 2yrs ago thats what I do when claying. Sometimes the bare hand makes it feel nice and smooth, then you put a bag on your hand and see there is still shit in or on the paint
The Bag Test: There’s a simple test that will indicate whether or not you need to clay. Wash and dry your vehicle, put a plastic sandwich bag over your hand and lightly rub your fingertips over the paint. If it feels gritty or rough, your paint is contaminated.
Back to top Go down
xegitalian19xx
Founding Member
Founding Member
xegitalian19xx

PostSubject: Re: Ares- my inferno   Ares- my inferno - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeApril 12th 2016, 9:17 am

Shawn i'm too old to fucking do two cars nowadays! The main reason I originally got the Jeep was so I didn't have to bend down to wash it anymore lol!
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Ares- my inferno   Ares- my inferno - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeApril 12th 2016, 9:49 am

Yeah I know about the plastic bag test, will be switching to that this year I just need to put one in my detailing bucket so I have it handy. I am hoping since I have a half day on Friday I can get out there and re-wash and clay mine then not take it out until Paul's run over to MI on the 24th.

Ant when I am cleaning mine I ask myself over and over why is the car so big and why the hell did I lower it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Ares- my inferno   Ares- my inferno - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeApril 12th 2016, 11:12 am

eviltrycycle wrote:
Yeah I know about the plastic bag test, will be switching to that this year I just need to put one in my detailing bucket so I have it handy.  I am hoping since I have a half day on Friday I can get out there and re-wash and clay mine then not take it out until Paul's run over to MI on the 24th.

Ant when I am cleaning mine I ask myself over and over why is the car so big and why the hell did I lower it.  Very Happy
Well I now have one of those stools so I dont have to bend over. Just roll around on the stool and lifes great when detailing.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Ares- my inferno   Ares- my inferno - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2016, 11:24 pm

I put the strut bar on myself!

Ares- my inferno - Page 11 13173776_10153653097669537_8455589310266265436_n
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Ares- my inferno   Ares- my inferno - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMay 13th 2016, 9:06 am

Nice!!!!
Have you took it for a ride yet, if so any difference?
Also if you hear and knocking noise in the front end you will need to replace the washers on the BT strut covers.
Back to top Go down
jamesv82
jamesv82

PostSubject: Re: Ares- my inferno   Ares- my inferno - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMay 13th 2016, 10:08 am

Nice work.

I hope you changed the flubber gasket on those.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Ares- my inferno   Ares- my inferno - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMay 13th 2016, 1:46 pm

Haven't drove it.

Lol washers... There were no washers under the big devo covers, I used to hear clunking now I don't. I should probably get some to put under there especially if its louder now.

I should be taking it out around 3 so we will see if I can tell.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Ares- my inferno   Ares- my inferno - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMay 13th 2016, 8:55 pm

Took the car out after work, of course there was traffic on the way to where I was going and it was raining on the way home so really did not push the car that much. It does feel more planted and stable but I think that might be more to do with the tires than anything else. The one or two corners I took quick it felt like it did not lean as much. If its dry tomorrow after I wash it I will go find some backroads and really test it out.

No noise from under the hood from rubbing or anything so happy about that.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Ares- my inferno   Ares- my inferno - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeJune 5th 2016, 12:37 pm

All clean, washed, clayed, washed again, then guard and glossed and now in the garage until after the Cubs game waiting on the first coat of wax.

Ares- my inferno - Page 11 13339633_10153700336974537_5232133943409343015_n
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Ares- my inferno   Ares- my inferno - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeJune 6th 2016, 6:24 am

Looks good, Cubs game????
Back to top Go down
jamesv82
jamesv82

PostSubject: Re: Ares- my inferno   Ares- my inferno - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeJune 6th 2016, 9:35 am

Cool did you see them lose?
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Ares- my inferno   Ares- my inferno - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeJune 6th 2016, 5:17 pm

U just earned my very first thumbs down
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Ares- my inferno   Ares- my inferno - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeJune 6th 2016, 6:01 pm

I saw a good game with an unfortunate ending. I mean I guess you can't win ALL of your last 10 games. Gotta give the other teams something to grasp at.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ares- my inferno   Ares- my inferno - Page 11 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ares- my inferno
Page 11 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11