Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TRACK TIRE QUESTIONS

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
RomeoWright
CAMM Member
RomeoWright

TRACK TIRE QUESTIONS Empty
PostSubject: TRACK TIRE QUESTIONS   TRACK TIRE QUESTIONS I_icon_minitimeJuly 25th 2012, 7:51 pm

So i plan to go out to the track this weekend, problem is i've noticed with my basically stock R/T my tires tend to NOT break loose now that its sitting on 22's. My question is for this weekend i have my stock rims and tires well 3 one suffered a screw and is no longer useable nor do i wish to fix it (i'll be buying new winter tires soon) My question is would i be able to throw n burn up my basically useless stock 18" tires n rims on the back of the car while leaving the 22's up front....granted the car will look rediculous with 2 diff rims and a 4" size difference. BUT will i have any issues as far as damaging anything...that is the 1 thing i am trying to avoid at all costs!

Someone please help i wanna introduce my hemi to the track this weekend for its first time just for fun any help will be greatly appreciated
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: TRACK TIRE QUESTIONS   TRACK TIRE QUESTIONS I_icon_minitimeJuly 25th 2012, 8:24 pm

It'll be fine, like you said, it'll look funny, but it wont "throw anything off". Hell... it MIGHT help with traction with the front sitting higher for weight transfer LoL
Back to top Go down
RomeoWright
CAMM Member
RomeoWright

PostSubject: Re: TRACK TIRE QUESTIONS   TRACK TIRE QUESTIONS I_icon_minitimeJuly 25th 2012, 8:26 pm

if this new job doesnt force me to work saturday i'll be up at the grove for the mopar fest i'll take a few pics of the monstrosity to give yall a laugh or 2
Back to top Go down
RomeoWright
CAMM Member
RomeoWright

PostSubject: Re: TRACK TIRE QUESTIONS   TRACK TIRE QUESTIONS I_icon_minitimeJuly 25th 2012, 8:27 pm

On the plus side the rubber on the Stockers is irrelivant so i plan to leave as much as possible in that burnout box Smile
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

PostSubject: Re: TRACK TIRE QUESTIONS   TRACK TIRE QUESTIONS I_icon_minitimeJuly 25th 2012, 8:28 pm

Im not an expert and I'm sure they will chime in, but they might be close to the same size depending on the tire side wall height. I don't think you'd have any problems since its only 2wd. What day are you going to gld?
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: TRACK TIRE QUESTIONS   TRACK TIRE QUESTIONS I_icon_minitimeJuly 25th 2012, 8:37 pm

the fronts will still slow you down. lol. the rears will be narrow compared to what your used to. hope you can still hook up.
Back to top Go down
RomeoWright
CAMM Member
RomeoWright

PostSubject: Re: TRACK TIRE QUESTIONS   TRACK TIRE QUESTIONS I_icon_minitimeJuly 25th 2012, 8:42 pm

Saturday i have a graduation party to goto on sunday sadly and tbh the tires are COMPLETELY DIFF my stockers are 235/55R18's and my 22's are 265/35ZR22 102W's

TRACK TIRE QUESTIONS 33f8a3l
Back to top Go down
RomeoWright
CAMM Member
RomeoWright

PostSubject: Re: TRACK TIRE QUESTIONS   TRACK TIRE QUESTIONS I_icon_minitimeJuly 25th 2012, 8:43 pm

my problem is with the 22's i've had a problem even spinning them unless the ground is damp :/ the 18's seemed to break loose on bone dry pavement
Back to top Go down
RomeoWright
CAMM Member
RomeoWright

PostSubject: Re: TRACK TIRE QUESTIONS   TRACK TIRE QUESTIONS I_icon_minitimeJuly 25th 2012, 8:45 pm

i should take a pic of the stocks infront of the 22's to see the diff in height god this is gonna look so goofy......stupid screw in the other stocker and my stubborn ass not wanting to put ne money into a bald tire i plan to toss in the garbage
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

PostSubject: Re: TRACK TIRE QUESTIONS   TRACK TIRE QUESTIONS I_icon_minitimeJuly 25th 2012, 8:50 pm

Saturday will be busy since its mopar weekend. I was thinking about racing Sunday but I might wait til tuesday if that would work for u
Back to top Go down
RomeoWright
CAMM Member
RomeoWright

PostSubject: Re: TRACK TIRE QUESTIONS   TRACK TIRE QUESTIONS I_icon_minitimeJuly 25th 2012, 8:52 pm

well the problem is with this new direct tv job i'm working 10-730 m-f and 8-6 sat n sun weekends rotate so i'm not quite sure my first day was monday n they havent said nething about saturday yet sadly
Back to top Go down
RomeoWright
CAMM Member
RomeoWright

PostSubject: Re: TRACK TIRE QUESTIONS   TRACK TIRE QUESTIONS I_icon_minitimeJuly 25th 2012, 8:58 pm

i may have overthought this i just took the stocker n set it side by side and there is maybe an inch difference between the 2....hmmmmm

TRACK TIRE QUESTIONS 205ywyw
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

PostSubject: Re: TRACK TIRE QUESTIONS   TRACK TIRE QUESTIONS I_icon_minitimeJuly 25th 2012, 9:01 pm

I figured it might be kinda close. Btw we can't hang out since I work for you competitor in Illinois.
Back to top Go down
RomeoWright
CAMM Member
RomeoWright

PostSubject: Re: TRACK TIRE QUESTIONS   TRACK TIRE QUESTIONS I_icon_minitimeJuly 25th 2012, 9:03 pm

hahaha cant hemi love transcend Satellite hate? ROFLMAO
Back to top Go down
RomeoWright
CAMM Member
RomeoWright

PostSubject: Re: TRACK TIRE QUESTIONS   TRACK TIRE QUESTIONS I_icon_minitimeJuly 25th 2012, 9:04 pm

i may have asked already but where in wi?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TRACK TIRE QUESTIONS   TRACK TIRE QUESTIONS I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TRACK TIRE QUESTIONS
Page 1 of 1