Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

N2MB Racing Wot Box and 2 Step with controller

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

N2MB Racing Wot Box and 2 Step with controller Empty
PostSubject: N2MB Racing Wot Box and 2 Step with controller   N2MB Racing Wot Box and 2 Step with controller I_icon_minitimeJune 19th 2012, 2:08 pm

Called up Kenny today at Stealth Elect. and ordered my 2 step. Really cool thing to have for racing. It comes with a plug and play harness that plugs into the coil packs and then just feed 3 wires through the firewall and tap into the throttle position sensor signal switch, the brake light signal switch and a ground wire. Then just plug in the controller and mount it within easy reach.

I can set the launch rpm and set a burnout rpm, or just preset 2 launch rpm's and change them at the line on the fly with one push of a button. The 2 step stutters the ignition at the preset rpm and all you do is arm it and step on the brake while pushing your foot to the floor. As soon as you let go of the brake you are at WOT. This will help me with my reaction time and make me deadly consitant off of the line. On a .400 tree with the new rule changes, it was near impossible to launch with a decent reaction time on a foot brake car. The clock is always on auto start this year and the starter won't hold the clock any longer for you to go in deep. This will help to solve that problem. Just fully stage and hit the brake and mash the pedal to the floor and it stutters the ignition until you let go of the brake.
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PostSubject: Re: N2MB Racing Wot Box and 2 Step with controller   N2MB Racing Wot Box and 2 Step with controller I_icon_minitimeJune 19th 2012, 2:28 pm

Great Tom try not to break anything. And maybe come out and visit your old friends sometime Mr Racer.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: N2MB Racing Wot Box and 2 Step with controller   N2MB Racing Wot Box and 2 Step with controller I_icon_minitimeJune 19th 2012, 3:17 pm

Ya what Vic said!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: N2MB Racing Wot Box and 2 Step with controller   N2MB Racing Wot Box and 2 Step with controller I_icon_minitimeJune 19th 2012, 3:52 pm

I don't have a street car to get there, lol.
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PostSubject: Re: N2MB Racing Wot Box and 2 Step with controller   N2MB Racing Wot Box and 2 Step with controller I_icon_minitimeJune 19th 2012, 3:54 pm

doh
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: N2MB Racing Wot Box and 2 Step with controller   N2MB Racing Wot Box and 2 Step with controller I_icon_minitimeJune 19th 2012, 6:04 pm

Illinois Chaos wrote:
I don't have a street car to get there, lol.
Must be nice!!!!! Go buy a new 300, like Vic said it's an old mans car
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: N2MB Racing Wot Box and 2 Step with controller   N2MB Racing Wot Box and 2 Step with controller I_icon_minitimeJune 19th 2012, 6:07 pm

I'll try and make a CAMM thingy sometime this summer. BTW BJ the owner of Byron wanted to let you guys know:
Sat June 30-T&T-Two Wheelspeed 3#-Mopar Day

Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: N2MB Racing Wot Box and 2 Step with controller   N2MB Racing Wot Box and 2 Step with controller I_icon_minitimeJune 19th 2012, 7:48 pm

DANG IT. That is the day I am leaving for PA. Sad
Back to top Go down
vagrant
CAMM Member
vagrant

PostSubject: Re: N2MB Racing Wot Box and 2 Step with controller   N2MB Racing Wot Box and 2 Step with controller I_icon_minitimeJune 20th 2012, 8:17 pm

This is where today's drag racing just loses me. The technology just starts taking over where the human used to have to do everything so it becomes harder and harder to actually measure the skill of the driver verses the skill of his automation mods. Please don't take offense...I'm just of the opinion that driver skill is easier to measure when there are more manual components to driving (e.g. manual transmission, no traction control etc...). But to each their own...I'm not saying you shouldn't use the tools that are available to you...this should help you be a lot more consistent and that's awesome for sure! Plus I gotta admit..playing with a little piece of technology like that would make me giddy as all hell!

-T
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: N2MB Racing Wot Box and 2 Step with controller   N2MB Racing Wot Box and 2 Step with controller I_icon_minitimeJune 21st 2012, 11:47 am

vagrant wrote:
This is where today's drag racing just loses me. The technology just starts taking over where the human used to have to do everything so it becomes harder and harder to actually measure the skill of the driver verses the skill of his automation mods. Please don't take offense...I'm just of the opinion that driver skill is easier to measure when there are more manual components to driving (e.g. manual transmission, no traction control etc...). But to each their own...I'm not saying you shouldn't use the tools that are available to you...this should help you be a lot more consistent and that's awesome for sure! Plus I gotta admit..playing with a little piece of technology like that would make me giddy as all hell!

-T

No offense taken. To be competitive today, with all of the electronics on our platform, you have to do certain things to enhance or defeat the cars electronics. There is a pretty big delay in the response time with our drive by wire throttle bodies. I used to help offset this delay by moving up even with the start line and footbrake the car to around 2000 rpm's. It was working out pretty good. I went from cutting high .2xx and low .3xx lights to .1xx and even some .0xx ones. If you wrote deep on your windows the starter would take over control of the tree and allow you to go in deep.

There are new rule changes this year which prohibits me from doing this. The tree is to be on autostart at all times, so it's up to you to get in deep in the time allotted. You have 1.3-1.7 sec. to go deep once all four staging bulbs are lit. Almost impossible to do on a normal foot brake car.

With a 2-step I can slide into the beams all of the way to the spot where that top bulb goes out and just floor it quickly and when the tree goes off (.400 pro tree) just let go of the brake and I'm at WOT. I may even be able to train myself to cut good lights staging normally.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: N2MB Racing Wot Box and 2 Step with controller   N2MB Racing Wot Box and 2 Step with controller I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

N2MB Racing Wot Box and 2 Step with controller
Page 1 of 1