Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Window Tint: Johnson Window Films and

Go down 
+3
chicagovich
Shawn1112
94cruiser
7 posters
AuthorMessage
94cruiser
CAMM Member

Window Tint: Johnson Window Films and  Empty
PostSubject: Window Tint: Johnson Window Films and    Window Tint: Johnson Window Films and  I_icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2012, 10:31 pm

Has any of you used Johnson Window Films brand tint?

A tint shop was recommended to me:
logan square car wash on Milwaukee Ave.

I've never had tint on the front windows and I'm thinking of going 50% or 35%
Do tint places use single sheet for entire window or make a square and then fill in the edges with smaller pieces?

I also want to tint the sunroof and keep the it open in vent mode during the day.
Back to top Go down
94cruiser
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: Window Tint: Johnson Window Films and    Window Tint: Johnson Window Films and  I_icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2012, 10:32 pm

I got a quote of $50 for driver and front passenger and sunroof.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Window Tint: Johnson Window Films and    Window Tint: Johnson Window Films and  I_icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2012, 10:39 pm

That car wash by Milwaukee and Sacramento, under the train tracks??
Single sheet on all door windows, some guys with not much exp will do 2 pieces on the rear window. They seam it on the defrost line so you dont see the seam. An exp installer can do back windows in 1 piece. Never heard of that tint???
Back to top Go down
chicagovich
CAMM Pro
chicagovich

PostSubject: Re: Window Tint: Johnson Window Films and    Window Tint: Johnson Window Films and  I_icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2012, 8:14 am

Used to get my car washed there years ago; didn't know they did windows. Price seems a bit too good to me. Johnson Window film:

http://www.johnsonwindowfilms.com/AUTO.php

Some opinions:

http://www.tintdude.com/forum/index.php/topic/62126-is-johnsons-window-film-a-good-film/
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Window Tint: Johnson Window Films and    Window Tint: Johnson Window Films and  I_icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2012, 12:00 pm

Price really isnt that bad. My buddy will tint my friends cars for $125.00 complete, usually about $175.00 for regular customers. He bases his price of what he pays for a roll of tint, which is about $100. He can do about 5-6 cars per roll.
Back to top Go down
dj.shystr
CAMM Rookie
dj.shystr

PostSubject: Re: Window Tint: Johnson Window Films and    Window Tint: Johnson Window Films and  I_icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2012, 10:07 pm

Does anyone know where I can get all 4 windows (car doors only) done for a real good price? I currently have the back two plus the back window done. But the back doors need to get redone, I have no problem removing the film myself.
Back to top Go down
moaugust88
CAMM Pro
moaugust88

PostSubject: Re: Window Tint: Johnson Window Films and    Window Tint: Johnson Window Films and  I_icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2012, 3:09 am

Shawn has a guy.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Window Tint: Johnson Window Films and    Window Tint: Johnson Window Films and  I_icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2012, 5:54 am

I need to go visit Shawn's guy.
Back to top Go down
dj.shystr
CAMM Rookie
dj.shystr

PostSubject: Re: Window Tint: Johnson Window Films and    Window Tint: Johnson Window Films and  I_icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2012, 12:27 pm

Shawn,

Will you be able to find out how much your guy will charge to tint my doors? I tried to pm you but don't have enough posts to do so. If you don't mind that is to ask your friend.

Thanks,
Jorge
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: Window Tint: Johnson Window Films and    Window Tint: Johnson Window Films and  I_icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2012, 12:32 pm

i believe he said somewhere around 220 for all 4 doors...
Back to top Go down
dj.shystr
CAMM Rookie
dj.shystr

PostSubject: Re: Window Tint: Johnson Window Films and    Window Tint: Johnson Window Films and  I_icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2012, 12:36 pm

Thanks, for the quick response, but I was able to find it a whole lot less. I was quoted that much to do the whole car. Thanks again
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: Window Tint: Johnson Window Films and    Window Tint: Johnson Window Films and  I_icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2012, 12:43 pm

4 doors and rear windshield... sorry, i should have been more clear. what year is your car? if you have a 2011 or newer, you can't use the "traditional" tint. You need a different tint that reflects heat as opposed to absorbing it.
Back to top Go down
dj.shystr
CAMM Rookie
dj.shystr

PostSubject: Re: Window Tint: Johnson Window Films and    Window Tint: Johnson Window Films and  I_icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2012, 12:45 pm

I have a 2006, and just need my doors done. The back two are done already but they have nicks and rips in them. I will remove them myself before taking it somewhere. The rear windshield is fine. That was the way I bought the car.
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: Window Tint: Johnson Window Films and    Window Tint: Johnson Window Films and  I_icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2012, 12:46 pm

well, then hopefully shawn will chime in and you can give his guy a call... the price might be cheaper for you than for the newer cars
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Window Tint: Johnson Window Films and    Window Tint: Johnson Window Films and  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Window Tint: Johnson Window Films and
Page 1 of 1