Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Member Hook-up on Window Tint

Go down 
+9
Solow 300
Hoodie
firestartr420
Shawn1112
HemiMag
irishrt5.7
HiPwr
Headtripp
Mad Hatter
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mad Hatter
CAMM Member
Mad Hatter

Member Hook-up on Window Tint Empty
PostSubject: Member Hook-up on Window Tint   Member Hook-up on Window Tint I_icon_minitimeSeptember 3rd 2009, 10:57 pm

For those who may be interested, I worked a deal out for a Sweet price at the BEST Tinter in Chicago.

My Man Vuk (Voook) will take care of our Chargers at $150 each.

I've been dealing with this guy for over 15 years now.

Clean Quick & Professional. He has done the Majority of Chicago 's Various Celebrities cars.

His shop is located at 3950 E 105th st, Chicago Il 60617 (Just under the Skyway at Indianapolis Blvd & 106th)

773 731-0428

Didn't get a price on Magnums because most of your windows are factory tinted.

Any other cars interested PM me & I'll get you a price.

For those on the fence, the New Law for Window Tint should pass before the end of year. cheers
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PostSubject: Re: Member Hook-up on Window Tint   Member Hook-up on Window Tint I_icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2009, 1:54 pm

Find out what he will do on the Challys
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: Member Hook-up on Window Tint   Member Hook-up on Window Tint I_icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2009, 4:42 pm

I'm still waiting on the law. I thought that it was supposed to be passed by the end of this month. I won't tint my windows unless I can get the front ones done. It looks lame with just the back, in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: Member Hook-up on Window Tint   Member Hook-up on Window Tint I_icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2009, 5:40 pm

August 25, 2009

To the Honorable Members of the
Illinois House of Representatives
96th General Assembly

I hereby return House Bill 3325 with a specific recommendation for change. I thank the sponsors for their hard work on this legislation. While I approve of the objective of this legislation, a technical change is necessary to correct a flaw in the bill as drafted. If this bill were to become law as written, driving multipurpose passenger vehicles (sport utilities) that have their rear windows factory tinted would violate the law.

Therefore, pursuant to Article IV, Section 9(e) of the Illinois Constitution of 1970, I hereby return House Bill 3325, entitled “AN ACT concerning transportation”, with the following specific recommendation for change:

on page 6, by replacing lines 7 through 13 with “(3) on multipurpose passenger vehicles, as defined by Section 1-148.3b of this Code, with a nonreflective tint originally applied by the manufacturer on the windows to the rear of the driver’s seat, the side windows immediately adjacent to each side of the driver may be treated with a nonreflective tint that allows at least 50% light transmittance, with a 5% variance observed by a law enforcement official metering the light transmittance.”.

With these changes, House Bill 3325 will have my approval. I respectfully request your concurrence.

Sincerely,

PAT QUINN
Governor
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: Member Hook-up on Window Tint   Member Hook-up on Window Tint I_icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2009, 5:42 pm

What this means is we dont know what the fuck is going on yet...lol
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: Member Hook-up on Window Tint   Member Hook-up on Window Tint I_icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2009, 5:43 pm

yea I dont see this bill passing any time soon.Now we have to wait 30 days since it got sent back for a chamge....
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: Member Hook-up on Window Tint   Member Hook-up on Window Tint I_icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2009, 5:54 pm

Thanks for the update, Brian. This is kind of hard to follow.
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: Member Hook-up on Window Tint   Member Hook-up on Window Tint I_icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2009, 5:56 pm

yeah i know... its all fucking mumbo jumbo
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: Member Hook-up on Window Tint   Member Hook-up on Window Tint I_icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2009, 5:57 pm

I just hope it is clear to the police departments once this all settles. I don't want to be hassled.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Member Hook-up on Window Tint   Member Hook-up on Window Tint I_icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2009, 6:10 pm

I thought it was supposed to be done by sept 1st?
Back to top Go down
Mad Hatter
CAMM Member
Mad Hatter

PostSubject: Re: Member Hook-up on Window Tint   Member Hook-up on Window Tint I_icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2009, 6:36 pm

The problem with this latest update is that they really didn't do their homework.

Rear windows on "multipurpose vehicles" are not tinted! They are somewhat colored glass & the current law doesn't even cover or mention them.

The pending law should really only be focusing on front driver & passenger windows & maybe windshields.

If they could focus on the real it would go alot smoother. Because there's nothing you can do about rears off the assembly line nationally. You can't order one without. (yes, i've seen some w/o too. like .01%)
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: Member Hook-up on Window Tint   Member Hook-up on Window Tint I_icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2009, 6:42 pm

HiPwr wrote:
I just hope it is clear to the police departments once this all settles. I don't want to be hassled.

once the bills is ammended or passed simply keep a copy of the bill and show them!!!
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: Member Hook-up on Window Tint   Member Hook-up on Window Tint I_icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2009, 6:48 pm

On the other end of this deal, there will probably be some kind of fucking tax attached to it. They should have started there and it would have been passed by now.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Member Hook-up on Window Tint   Member Hook-up on Window Tint I_icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2009, 10:14 pm

HiPwr wrote:
On the other end of this deal, there will probably be some kind of fucking tax attached to it. They should have started there and it would have been passed by now.
You are probably right. You want your windows tinted it will cost you a few hundred extra a year to re-new your plates.
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: Member Hook-up on Window Tint   Member Hook-up on Window Tint I_icon_minitimeSeptember 5th 2009, 12:14 pm

Ding ding ding... i can almost guarantee that is how it will be... that's one of the reasons why they crated the window tint plates...
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: Member Hook-up on Window Tint   Member Hook-up on Window Tint I_icon_minitimeSeptember 24th 2009, 5:44 pm

the whole window tint law is exactly why i havent gotten it done... i dont want the tickets... if someone could get a stack of doctors note's for us to submit to the state that would be awesome!!!
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Member Hook-up on Window Tint   Member Hook-up on Window Tint I_icon_minitimeSeptember 24th 2009, 5:47 pm

firestartr420 wrote:
the whole window tint law is exactly why i havent gotten it done... i dont want the tickets... if someone could get a stack of doctors note's for us to submit to the state that would be awesome!!!
I dont think that would help, from what I have heard they arent giving out window tint plates anymore cause its going to be legalized
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Member Hook-up on Window Tint   Member Hook-up on Window Tint I_icon_minitimeSeptember 24th 2009, 5:50 pm

I plan on getting my windshield tinted over the winter. I saw it on a couple of cars at a show I went too, it looks bad ass. I asked one guy if he had any problems with the po-po's he said he has been pulled over for tint on his front windows and they have never mentioned his windshield!
Back to top Go down
Hoodie
CAMM Pro
Hoodie

PostSubject: Re: Member Hook-up on Window Tint   Member Hook-up on Window Tint I_icon_minitimeOctober 7th 2009, 4:14 pm

That's a damn good deal.. I paid $200 for mine but there's only one decent tint shop down here so it was either pay it or get crap.. The guy down here charges more to do illegal though.. I think normal price is $180 for legal for almost any 4 door car..
Back to top Go down
Mad Hatter
CAMM Member
Mad Hatter

PostSubject: Re: Member Hook-up on Window Tint   Member Hook-up on Window Tint I_icon_minitimeOctober 14th 2009, 10:34 pm

When the law passes fully, don't forget the deal I set up with Eastside Tinting. I'll take you guys over there 1 saturday morn.
Back to top Go down
Solow 300
CAMM Member
Solow 300

PostSubject: Re: Member Hook-up on Window Tint   Member Hook-up on Window Tint I_icon_minitimeOctober 15th 2009, 6:50 pm

They can't do anything about tint on your front windshield your allowed 6 inch from the top any shade.
Back to top Go down
Solow 300
CAMM Member
Solow 300

PostSubject: Re: Member Hook-up on Window Tint   Member Hook-up on Window Tint I_icon_minitimeOctober 15th 2009, 6:51 pm

what about us 300's I have my back already done I just want the front windows
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: Member Hook-up on Window Tint   Member Hook-up on Window Tint I_icon_minitimeOctober 15th 2009, 7:02 pm

I wish this thread were in the interior section. I think it would be easier to find there.
Back to top Go down
Mad Hatter
CAMM Member
Mad Hatter

PostSubject: Re: Member Hook-up on Window Tint   Member Hook-up on Window Tint I_icon_minitimeOctober 15th 2009, 8:52 pm

Interior/Exterior eh

Check out the update on Illinois Tint Law Thread under Gen Discussion.

We're almost there! yeah baby
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: Member Hook-up on Window Tint   Member Hook-up on Window Tint I_icon_minitimeOctober 15th 2009, 9:08 pm

Get this before Spring and this will be my first mod when she emerges from her long rest in the garage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Member Hook-up on Window Tint   Member Hook-up on Window Tint I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Member Hook-up on Window Tint
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next