Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

3 months.... Catch Can is full?!

Go down 
+11
vagrant
inkedup
markpleasure
moros323
Moparcharger07
Illinois Chaos
jontoad
mwa145
liljoejoe54
Shawn1112
firestartr420
15 posters
AuthorMessage
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

3 months.... Catch Can is full?! Empty
PostSubject: 3 months.... Catch Can is full?!   3 months.... Catch Can is full?! I_icon_minitimeNovember 23rd 2011, 4:05 pm

Ok... so its been 3 months since my last oil change, and I know Im due for one even though ive only put 1500 miles on it in that 3 months. Anyway, the other day, I was picking up my hoodie from Razor, we started talking Catch Can's. Well, I opened up my catch can to show him the contents, and to my amazment, the damn thing was almost completely full!! So my question, is this large amount of oil normal? Should I be concerned about having that much "blow by"? Now, I almost always use my remote start to bring the car to operatiing or almost operating temp before driving, however I have been pretty heavy footed the last few months. Could my heavy foot be the cause for so much oil? Heres a few pictures too of how much was in the can.....

3 months.... Catch Can is full?! Photo326
3 months.... Catch Can is full?! Photo327
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: 3 months.... Catch Can is full?!   3 months.... Catch Can is full?! I_icon_minitimeNovember 23rd 2011, 4:42 pm

I have heard of people having that much. Mine is usually about half full every oil change
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: 3 months.... Catch Can is full?!   3 months.... Catch Can is full?! I_icon_minitimeNovember 23rd 2011, 4:57 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
I have heard of people having that much. Mine is usually about half full every oil change

Yeah mine was about half way too. But I guess it varies. I wouldnt worry about it.
Back to top Go down
mwa145
CAMM Pro
mwa145

PostSubject: Re: 3 months.... Catch Can is full?!   3 months.... Catch Can is full?! I_icon_minitimeNovember 23rd 2011, 5:55 pm

Just Looking at that pic makes me cringe ! thanks god i ordered my Catch can today. Never to late i guess
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: 3 months.... Catch Can is full?!   3 months.... Catch Can is full?! I_icon_minitimeNovember 23rd 2011, 7:06 pm

i don't get much in mine for some reason.

i think people get more in it this time of year due to condensation. i know it makes it look like a milk shake instead of oil when it has condensation in it.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: 3 months.... Catch Can is full?!   3 months.... Catch Can is full?! I_icon_minitimeNovember 23rd 2011, 10:32 pm

I don't get much either. I think it must depend on how you drive. Honestly I think most of mine just goes down the intake at wot all the time. It's no biggy either way.
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: 3 months.... Catch Can is full?!   3 months.... Catch Can is full?! I_icon_minitimeNovember 24th 2011, 10:15 pm

well, this was just oil. black, nasty looking oil. I had always seen a little accumulation in it, but I never imagined I would have this much in there after only 3 months.
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: 3 months.... Catch Can is full?!   3 months.... Catch Can is full?! I_icon_minitimeNovember 24th 2011, 10:59 pm

Hell, I check mine like every three weeks and mine is always a little under half full depending how much I drive it
Back to top Go down
moros323
CAMM Pro
moros323

PostSubject: Re: 3 months.... Catch Can is full?!   3 months.... Catch Can is full?! I_icon_minitimeNovember 28th 2011, 8:55 pm

That is a combo of oil and moisture blow by it will always look nasty and that amount is normal...I empty mine monthly since I only change oil every 15-20 thou
Back to top Go down
markpleasure
CAMM Member
markpleasure

PostSubject: Re: 3 months.... Catch Can is full?!   3 months.... Catch Can is full?! I_icon_minitimeDecember 3rd 2011, 1:35 pm

What is a oil catch can for? What is the purpose of this? Is this import to have?
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: 3 months.... Catch Can is full?!   3 months.... Catch Can is full?! I_icon_minitimeDecember 3rd 2011, 4:15 pm

markpleasure wrote:
What is a oil catch can for? What is the purpose of this? Is this import to have?

It's a little can that you plumb from the pcv valve. Dodge routes it to dump into your intake. With a catch can you route it to the can and then into the intake. It catches the oil and junk from your crank case and helps to keep your intake cleaner.
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: 3 months.... Catch Can is full?!   3 months.... Catch Can is full?! I_icon_minitimeDecember 4th 2011, 11:47 am

i checked mine and after a few weeks mine was 1/4 full already.....im glad i put on catch can......
Back to top Go down
vagrant
CAMM Member
vagrant

PostSubject: Re: 3 months.... Catch Can is full?!   3 months.... Catch Can is full?! I_icon_minitimeDecember 4th 2011, 12:14 pm

Checked mine after about 2 months and I had just a dash (maybe 1/4 of an inch) of liquid nasty in there.

-vagrant
Back to top Go down
crazy933
CAMM Pro
crazy933

PostSubject: Re: 3 months.... Catch Can is full?!   3 months.... Catch Can is full?! I_icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2011, 11:37 am

depends on the oil, when I used Pennzoil synthetic it would be about 1/2 full after running 3-4000 miles. I just finished 9500 miles with quantun blue and it was about 1/4 full if that.
Back to top Go down
5.7daytona
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: 3 months.... Catch Can is full?!   3 months.... Catch Can is full?! I_icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2011, 1:43 pm

crazy933, glad you went with QB's oil! Brian is such a great guy and really knows about this stuff. for anybody looking at oils, QuantumBlue is really good and you can do a google search on it. i would highly recommend his oil and the oil filter from them.
Back to top Go down
TgTwist
CAMM Member
TgTwist

PostSubject: Re: 3 months.... Catch Can is full?!   3 months.... Catch Can is full?! I_icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2011, 5:05 pm

Do you guys change your oil every 3k miles or 5k miles?
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: 3 months.... Catch Can is full?!   3 months.... Catch Can is full?! I_icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2011, 6:44 pm

i change every 3k or 3 months... fairly religiously
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: 3 months.... Catch Can is full?!   3 months.... Catch Can is full?! I_icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2011, 7:25 pm

I change mine every 2,500. Might as well keep in the safe side, hell, it won't hurt it
Back to top Go down
moros323
CAMM Pro
moros323

PostSubject: Re: 3 months.... Catch Can is full?!   3 months.... Catch Can is full?! I_icon_minitimeDecember 9th 2011, 12:09 pm

Every 20,000 I change mine...and the amount of oil in your can will very by how much wot you do l;ol
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: 3 months.... Catch Can is full?!   3 months.... Catch Can is full?! I_icon_minitimeDecember 9th 2011, 6:48 pm

yeah, i do go WOT a lot when i get the chances too so it makes sense why i have that much oil in the can. What can I say, now that i've got it, i fucking love my HEMI hahah
Back to top Go down
Fidostudio
CAMM Pro
Fidostudio

PostSubject: Re: 3 months.... Catch Can is full?!   3 months.... Catch Can is full?! I_icon_minitimeDecember 10th 2011, 10:14 pm

rub it in!
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: 3 months.... Catch Can is full?!   3 months.... Catch Can is full?! I_icon_minitimeDecember 11th 2011, 2:18 am

Fidostudio wrote:
rub it in!

hahahah nanner nanner nanner
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3 months.... Catch Can is full?!   3 months.... Catch Can is full?! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

3 months.... Catch Can is full?!
Page 1 of 1