Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HALO WIRING

Go down 
+2
Shawn1112
kaotik29
6 posters
AuthorMessage
kaotik29
CAMM Pro
kaotik29

HALO WIRING Empty
PostSubject: HALO WIRING   HALO WIRING I_icon_minitimeAugust 16th 2009, 1:14 pm

Well i tore my car apart, took out my headlights and baked em, threw on my halos and all i need now is to cut my fogs open and put the halos in there and then get them wired up. where did you halo DIY'ers get power from to power the halos? did u use inverters? im going tomorrow to my buddy's shop so he could wire them up for me. It took me about 3 hours to get everything done and put back together aside from wiring. not too bad for my first time taking off my bumper and headlights apart. pics coming soon of finished product. hopefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

HALO WIRING Empty
PostSubject: Re: HALO WIRING   HALO WIRING I_icon_minitimeAugust 16th 2009, 1:54 pm

I tapped into the battery source under the hood for power. I grounded them to my horn bracket.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

HALO WIRING Empty
PostSubject: Re: HALO WIRING   HALO WIRING I_icon_minitimeAugust 16th 2009, 1:55 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
I tapped into the battery source under the hood for power. I grounded them to my horn bracket.

Then he left a rats next under his dash tongue tongue tongue
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

HALO WIRING Empty
PostSubject: Re: HALO WIRING   HALO WIRING I_icon_minitimeAugust 16th 2009, 1:59 pm

hahaha you aint kiddin about the rats nest I have it too....Then I zipped tied everything together
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

HALO WIRING Empty
PostSubject: Re: HALO WIRING   HALO WIRING I_icon_minitimeAugust 16th 2009, 2:01 pm

HemiMag24s wrote:
hahaha you aint kiddin about the rats nest I have it too....Then I zipped tied everything together

Lol same here. I tried to make it as neat as possible but I have a shit load of wires under there.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

HALO WIRING Empty
PostSubject: Re: HALO WIRING   HALO WIRING I_icon_minitimeAugust 16th 2009, 2:33 pm

Out of site out of mind!!!!
Back to top Go down
kaotik29
CAMM Pro
kaotik29

HALO WIRING Empty
PostSubject: Re: HALO WIRING   HALO WIRING I_icon_minitimeAugust 16th 2009, 3:56 pm

so the grill light would wire the same way? what kind of light is used for the grill? thats what i want to do next.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

HALO WIRING Empty
PostSubject: Re: HALO WIRING   HALO WIRING I_icon_minitimeAugust 16th 2009, 4:14 pm

kaotik29 wrote:
so the grill light would wire the same way? what kind of light is used for the grill? thats what i want to do next.

You can use either cold cathodes (computer neon tubes) or LED strips. And yes, they can be wired up the same way.
Back to top Go down
kaotik29
CAMM Pro
kaotik29

HALO WIRING Empty
PostSubject: Re: HALO WIRING   HALO WIRING I_icon_minitimeAugust 16th 2009, 4:16 pm

is there a store here in chicago where i can buy them?
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

HALO WIRING Empty
PostSubject: Re: HALO WIRING   HALO WIRING I_icon_minitimeAugust 16th 2009, 4:18 pm

kaotik29 wrote:
is there a store here in chicago where i can buy them?

Any computer store should have them. I bought mine from Microcenter on Elston and Logan.
Back to top Go down
kaotik29
CAMM Pro
kaotik29

HALO WIRING Empty
PostSubject: Re: HALO WIRING   HALO WIRING I_icon_minitimeAugust 16th 2009, 4:19 pm

is that the one by petsmart? across from target
Back to top Go down
kaotik29
CAMM Pro
kaotik29

HALO WIRING Empty
PostSubject: Re: HALO WIRING   HALO WIRING I_icon_minitimeAugust 16th 2009, 4:25 pm

they close at 6 i'll talk to you later im heading over there now!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

HALO WIRING Empty
PostSubject: Re: HALO WIRING   HALO WIRING I_icon_minitimeAugust 16th 2009, 6:16 pm

cant wait for the pics!!!!
Back to top Go down
kaotik29
CAMM Pro
kaotik29

HALO WIRING Empty
PostSubject: Re: HALO WIRING   HALO WIRING I_icon_minitimeAugust 16th 2009, 8:28 pm

i should have some pic tomorrow. i'll have to take them with my phone though, my wife took our camera to Puerto Rico with her.
Back to top Go down
kaotik29
CAMM Pro
kaotik29

HALO WIRING Empty
PostSubject: Re: HALO WIRING   HALO WIRING I_icon_minitimeAugust 16th 2009, 10:36 pm

liljoejoe54 wrote:
kaotik29 wrote:

You can use either cold cathodes (computer neon tubes) or LED strips. And yes, they can be wired up the same way.
Well bro i did go and get the lights not too expensive. i got the kit that comes with (2) 6" lights.
Back to top Go down
Hoodie
CAMM Pro
Hoodie

HALO WIRING Empty
PostSubject: Re: HALO WIRING   HALO WIRING I_icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2009, 12:52 pm

Think the 6" are gonna be bright enough? Most people use 12" cathodes and they seem to barely be bright enough..
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

HALO WIRING Empty
PostSubject: Re: HALO WIRING   HALO WIRING I_icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2009, 1:11 pm

what color???I think the 6'' will be bright enough!!!I have a 4'' kit in the hatch and they are just as bright as my 12'' underneath my seats...
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

HALO WIRING Empty
PostSubject: Re: HALO WIRING   HALO WIRING I_icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2009, 1:12 pm

I use the 12" and they are pretty bright at night but during the day, you cant tell they are on.
Back to top Go down
Hoodie
CAMM Pro
Hoodie

HALO WIRING Empty
PostSubject: Re: HALO WIRING   HALO WIRING I_icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2009, 1:56 pm

I guess it really all depends on the color and the brand.. At night most look good but getting into the dusk and daylight timeframe, they kinda wash out for all of them..

Me personally, I'm going with some flexible LED strips but I won't be getting those until I get the Cuda grill from MoPower.. With the current grill I have, you probably wouldn't ever see it..
Back to top Go down
kaotik29
CAMM Pro
kaotik29

HALO WIRING Empty
PostSubject: Re: HALO WIRING   HALO WIRING I_icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2009, 8:00 pm

i put them in and to me they are bright enough. they look good with my bling rings. pics will come as soon as i can get them on photobucket which should be in about 10 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Back to top Go down
Hoodie
CAMM Pro
Hoodie

HALO WIRING Empty
PostSubject: Re: HALO WIRING   HALO WIRING I_icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2009, 4:16 am

Good to know they were bright enough.. Can't wait to see it..
Back to top Go down
Mad Hatter
CAMM Member
Mad Hatter

HALO WIRING Empty
PostSubject: Re: HALO WIRING   HALO WIRING I_icon_minitimeAugust 30th 2009, 12:33 am

Boy! It's been a LOOONG 10 minutes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
kaotik29
CAMM Pro
kaotik29

HALO WIRING Empty
PostSubject: Re: HALO WIRING   HALO WIRING I_icon_minitimeAugust 30th 2009, 12:49 am

its right here http://www.chicagolandareamodernmopars.com/electronics-f17/bling-bling-im-see-in-red-t630.htm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

HALO WIRING Empty
PostSubject: Re: HALO WIRING   HALO WIRING I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HALO WIRING
Page 1 of 1