Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SRT8 RIMS ON A NON SRT8 CAR?

Go down 
+2
Shawn1112
mwa145
6 posters
AuthorMessage
mwa145
CAMM Pro
mwa145

SRT8 RIMS ON A NON SRT8 CAR? Empty
PostSubject: SRT8 RIMS ON A NON SRT8 CAR?   SRT8 RIMS ON A NON SRT8 CAR? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 30th 2011, 11:48 pm

I FOUND A REALLY GOOD DEAL ON SOME STOCK SRT RIMS FOR MY 300. IVE READ SOMEWHERE THAT I NEED A 3MM SPACER? CORRECT? IS THEIR A SPECIFIC SIZE FOR THE SRT RIMS? LINKS WOULD HELP THANKS
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: SRT8 RIMS ON A NON SRT8 CAR?   SRT8 RIMS ON A NON SRT8 CAR? I_icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2011, 12:44 am

Jontoad could probably answer this. I know if you do it the opposite way you wouldnt clear the brembos. I think you will be fine, my guy put srt8 maggie wheels on his v6 maggie with no issues.
Back to top Go down
beach
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: SRT8 RIMS ON A NON SRT8 CAR?   SRT8 RIMS ON A NON SRT8 CAR? I_icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2011, 1:03 am

I've got 22" 300C SRT replicas with no issues. Basically the same specs as the 20".
Back to top Go down
Hypnotiq
CAMM All-Star
Hypnotiq

PostSubject: Re: SRT8 RIMS ON A NON SRT8 CAR?   SRT8 RIMS ON A NON SRT8 CAR? I_icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2011, 7:37 am

yeah dude they even fit on my ride.
Back to top Go down
mwa145
CAMM Pro
mwa145

PostSubject: Re: SRT8 RIMS ON A NON SRT8 CAR?   SRT8 RIMS ON A NON SRT8 CAR? I_icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2011, 8:34 am

ok perfect ! they should be here early next week!
Back to top Go down
beach
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: SRT8 RIMS ON A NON SRT8 CAR?   SRT8 RIMS ON A NON SRT8 CAR? I_icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2011, 12:18 pm

Just a word of advise. When I bought my wheels (used), before I had them powder coated and tires put on, I had a tire shop check them to make sure they were true and not bent. Not sure if yours have tires, but it's worth it before you waste time and money to find out you have a bent wheel. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
mwa145
CAMM Pro
mwa145

PostSubject: Re: SRT8 RIMS ON A NON SRT8 CAR?   SRT8 RIMS ON A NON SRT8 CAR? I_icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2011, 1:08 pm

the guy is actually not local so he shipped them to me . he said they were not bent or anything. if they are ill just file a dispute with paypal since he said they werent bent
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: SRT8 RIMS ON A NON SRT8 CAR?   SRT8 RIMS ON A NON SRT8 CAR? I_icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2011, 5:36 pm

You will need 3mm hub centric spacers for the fronts to avoid rubbing
Back to top Go down
Hypnotiq
CAMM All-Star
Hypnotiq

PostSubject: Re: SRT8 RIMS ON A NON SRT8 CAR?   SRT8 RIMS ON A NON SRT8 CAR? I_icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2011, 7:12 pm

mwa145 wrote:
the guy is actually not local so he shipped them to me . he said they were not bent or anything. if they are ill just file a dispute with paypal since he said they werent bent

Bro if one happens to be bent hit me up. Theres a shop in elk grove that does the repairs for $75. I went there. I made a thread some where on here. But I hope they come ok!
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: SRT8 RIMS ON A NON SRT8 CAR?   SRT8 RIMS ON A NON SRT8 CAR? I_icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2011, 8:43 pm

HemiMag wrote:
You will need 3mm hub centric spacers for the fronts to avoid rubbing

Yeah, the spacer will work, ALSO there is a way to grind the knuckle a little bit, and them they will clear, otherwise without doing any of those two, it will grind on a full turn when in reverse.
Back to top Go down
mwa145
CAMM Pro
mwa145

PostSubject: Re: SRT8 RIMS ON A NON SRT8 CAR?   SRT8 RIMS ON A NON SRT8 CAR? I_icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2011, 8:50 pm

anybody know where i can get the spacers? i searched google and i saw some fro 13 bucks and some for 140 so i if someone can get me a link to the right ones ill be happy. thanks for the help guys!
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: SRT8 RIMS ON A NON SRT8 CAR?   SRT8 RIMS ON A NON SRT8 CAR? I_icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2011, 8:53 pm

IF you're gonna use spacers, I'd spring for the more expensive ones, Those are made of Billet, and are higher quality, I wouldn't put cheap ones on the car. Taking a chance with cheap ones and you're wheel falling off is worth the extra price ya know man??
Back to top Go down
mwa145
CAMM Pro
mwa145

PostSubject: Re: SRT8 RIMS ON A NON SRT8 CAR?   SRT8 RIMS ON A NON SRT8 CAR? I_icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2011, 9:24 pm

gotcha man thanks.
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: SRT8 RIMS ON A NON SRT8 CAR?   SRT8 RIMS ON A NON SRT8 CAR? I_icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2011, 12:16 pm

BT sells them.
http://www.custombilletstore.com/product_p/4000.htm
Back to top Go down
mwa145
CAMM Pro
mwa145

PostSubject: Re: SRT8 RIMS ON A NON SRT8 CAR?   SRT8 RIMS ON A NON SRT8 CAR? I_icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2011, 12:40 pm

thanks bro im gunna place my order later on today .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SRT8 RIMS ON A NON SRT8 CAR?   SRT8 RIMS ON A NON SRT8 CAR? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SRT8 RIMS ON A NON SRT8 CAR?
Page 1 of 1