Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Front Sway Bar Bushing replace?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BigM
CAMM Pro
BigM

Front Sway Bar Bushing replace? Empty
PostSubject: Front Sway Bar Bushing replace?   Front Sway Bar Bushing replace? I_icon_minitimeAugust 5th 2011, 10:52 pm

Hey guys,

So I've put about 7,000 miles on my Charger since buying back in April and now I'm hearing a distinct groaning from the front driver's side. From my research seems to be the sway bar bushing. I'm just over 30k miles.

Any recommendations on replacement? I think Pedders makes one for a stock bar right? What size do I need for an 06 R/T with R&T?

For those that have replaced the bushing is it as easy as removing that heat shield and the two bolts on each side?

Any feedback would be great, thanks.
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: Front Sway Bar Bushing replace?   Front Sway Bar Bushing replace? I_icon_minitimeAugust 5th 2011, 11:11 pm

You got it man, it's VERY easy to replace, but I'd double check that's what it is first ya know man?
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Front Sway Bar Bushing replace?   Front Sway Bar Bushing replace? I_icon_minitimeAugust 6th 2011, 10:49 am

Piece of cake, I think I replaced mine with "Moog" brand. I have had no problems since.
Back to top Go down
BigM
CAMM Pro
BigM

PostSubject: Re: Front Sway Bar Bushing replace?   Front Sway Bar Bushing replace? I_icon_minitimeAugust 6th 2011, 11:29 am

Well if I spray it down with WD40 it goes away for a little bit so I'm pretty sure it is the sway bar bushing. I've researched the noise on a couple different forums and yes it could be a few things but I think their probably shot anyhow so changing can't hurt. Not many miles but 6 year old rubber is usually not great.

I'm more concerned about ordering the wrong size not sure who makes good aftermarket bushings for the stock R/T R&T front bar.

Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Front Sway Bar Bushing replace?   Front Sway Bar Bushing replace? I_icon_minitimeAugust 6th 2011, 11:33 am

Cant go wrong with Moog parts.
Back to top Go down
HEMI UP
CAMM Member
HEMI UP

PostSubject: polyurethane Bushhings   Front Sway Bar Bushing replace? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 11th 2011, 6:10 pm

The size for the R/T R/T is 30mm I went with Pedders polyurethane PN#3522/30 Rears not out yet
Back to top Go down
BigM
CAMM Pro
BigM

PostSubject: Re: Front Sway Bar Bushing replace?   Front Sway Bar Bushing replace? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 11th 2011, 7:31 pm

Yeah I double checked with a calipers it was 30mm or 1.18 inches. I changed them out to the Moog replacements and fixed some of the noise as I stated in this thread:

http://www.chicagolandareamodernmopars.com/t5748-suggestion-for-sway-bar-end-links

I still have a groaning like a old squeaky mattress spring type groan but I don't have it every day... I can recreate it by pushing down on the driver's side.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Front Sway Bar Bushing replace?   Front Sway Bar Bushing replace? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Front Sway Bar Bushing replace?
Page 1 of 1