Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HELP - Danko '69 style grill install

Go down 
+2
Sublime378
northsiderz
6 posters
AuthorMessage
northsiderz
CAMM Member

HELP - Danko '69 style grill install Empty
PostSubject: HELP - Danko '69 style grill install   HELP - Danko '69 style grill install I_icon_minitimeApril 12th 2011, 9:51 am

So as the title says I'm looking for some words of wisdom for those of you that have installed the Danko grills. It could be either the '69 style or '68 style, but preferably the '69. I've read through the instructions over and over again and it seems relatively easy enough. But I'm much more of a visual learner and I wondered if any of you out there have pics during your install. I've got the fascia removal down from another thread but think I will need help when it comes to fitting the grill in the fascia.

I've looked through the Danko section and from what I can see, I don't see any step by step pics of this process. The part I am most concerned about is actually seating the grill in the fascia. Where do I drill the holes from the top? From the bottom? I would love to do this myself but would pay someone if I had to. Any words of wisdom would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sublime378
CAMM Member
Sublime378

PostSubject: Re: HELP - Danko '69 style grill install   HELP - Danko '69 style grill install I_icon_minitimeApril 12th 2011, 12:07 pm

I tried to install this a while ago and got every thing removed and cut out the grill brace and found out the danko grill was completely wrong not even close fit and I painted mine so they wouldn't take it back so I just bought a new bumper with the grill that looks like that
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: HELP - Danko '69 style grill install   HELP - Danko '69 style grill install I_icon_minitimeApril 12th 2011, 3:21 pm

northsiderz wrote:
So as the title says I'm looking for some words of wisdom for those of you that have installed the Danko grills. It could be either the '69 style or '68 style, but preferably the '69. I've read through the instructions over and over again and it seems relatively easy enough. But I'm much more of a visual learner and I wondered if any of you out there have pics during your install. I've got the fascia removal down from another thread but think I will need help when it comes to fitting the grill in the fascia.

I've looked through the Danko section and from what I can see, I don't see any step by step pics of this process. The part I am most concerned about is actually seating the grill in the fascia. Where do I drill the holes from the top? From the bottom? I would love to do this myself but would pay someone if I had to. Any words of wisdom would be appreciated.

Thanks.
I believe Anthony (Xegitalian) did his. Send him a pm.
Possibly can be done at the Mod Night.
Back to top Go down
xegitalian19xx
Founding Member
Founding Member
xegitalian19xx

PostSubject: Re: HELP - Danko '69 style grill install   HELP - Danko '69 style grill install I_icon_minitimeApril 12th 2011, 3:29 pm

Shawn is correct...My dad and I did mine in the garage over a weekend. It was a pain in the ass to install but the fit was perfect once we got the holes drilled in the bumper. I had the open mouth and the hardest part for me was getting the middle holes drilled in because there is no template for it! I unfortunatly did not do a step by step for this but It can be done with some time and patientce...I'd say set a weekend to do it and take your time with it and you should have no problem getting this put in. If you have specific questions just shoot me a PM or if you want I can PM you my number if thats easier.
-Anthony
Back to top Go down
northsiderz
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: HELP - Danko '69 style grill install   HELP - Danko '69 style grill install I_icon_minitimeApril 12th 2011, 3:35 pm

^^^^Thanks guys. I may be reaching out to you Anthony. I'll pm you in a little while. I am planning on doing this on Saturday with the help of my father in law.
Back to top Go down
Sublime378
CAMM Member
Sublime378

PostSubject: Re: HELP - Danko '69 style grill install   HELP - Danko '69 style grill install I_icon_minitimeApril 12th 2011, 5:08 pm

Let's see it when's it's done please
Back to top Go down
northsiderz
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: HELP - Danko '69 style grill install   HELP - Danko '69 style grill install I_icon_minitimeApril 13th 2011, 7:47 am

I will definitely post pics. I've done a few things, but I want to make sure I get everything done before I do. And I'm still looking for a nice set of rims at a good price since I had to sell my other ones for my wedding.
Back to top Go down
Fidostudio
CAMM Pro
Fidostudio

PostSubject: Re: HELP - Danko '69 style grill install   HELP - Danko '69 style grill install I_icon_minitimeApril 13th 2011, 8:14 am

Hmmm, have the 69' took maybe a half hour, not hard at all. The toughest part is getting your hands in to do the two outer screws (unless you're willing to take the bumper off first, I wasn't)

HELP - Danko '69 style grill install 216462_106664459417544_101566289927361_67153_3693799_n
Back to top Go down
northsiderz
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: HELP - Danko '69 style grill install   HELP - Danko '69 style grill install I_icon_minitimeApril 13th 2011, 8:41 am

Fidostudio wrote:
Hmmm, have the 69' took maybe a half hour, not hard at all. The toughest part is getting your hands in to do the two outer screws (unless you're willing to take the bumper off first, I wasn't)

HELP - Danko '69 style grill install 216462_106664459417544_101566289927361_67153_3693799_n

And you didn't have any issues with gaps or other fitment problems??
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: HELP - Danko '69 style grill install   HELP - Danko '69 style grill install I_icon_minitimeApril 13th 2011, 10:12 am

I did mine in about the same amount of time for my magnum... i pulled the bumper though...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HELP - Danko '69 style grill install   HELP - Danko '69 style grill install I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HELP - Danko '69 style grill install
Page 1 of 1