Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

brake light is on now

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
pjcharger
CAMM Pro
pjcharger

brake light is on now Empty
PostSubject: brake light is on now   brake light is on now I_icon_minitimeSeptember 11th 2010, 5:58 pm

Quick question wife says that when she went to work today in the srt8 the brake light is on the whole time. Does that mean I can now put on those new pads?
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: brake light is on now   brake light is on now I_icon_minitimeSeptember 11th 2010, 6:03 pm

it means your parking brake is stuck slightly on most likely. tell her to pull the release handle. i kick mine by accident all the time.

our cars don't have a low pad warning on the dash. it only triggers it for low fluid also i think. they do have squealer clips on the stock style brake pads that scrape the rotor when the pad gets too low. aftermarket pads might not have them though.
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: brake light is on now   brake light is on now I_icon_minitimeSeptember 11th 2010, 6:39 pm

If what Jon suggests doesn't work, apply the parking brake and then release it. I've had that happen, too.
Back to top Go down
Dartboy
Founding Member
Founding Member
Dartboy

PostSubject: Re: brake light is on now   brake light is on now I_icon_minitimeSeptember 11th 2010, 6:59 pm

yep hit mine all the time... even if ya just tap it... it will show the brake on...

just pull the realease handle and ya all good....
Back to top Go down
pjcharger
CAMM Pro
pjcharger

PostSubject: Re: brake light is on now   brake light is on now I_icon_minitimeSeptember 11th 2010, 7:24 pm

Hahaha i didnt even think about that. Ill text her.
Back to top Go down
Dartboy
Founding Member
Founding Member
Dartboy

PostSubject: Re: brake light is on now   brake light is on now I_icon_minitimeSeptember 11th 2010, 7:31 pm

make sure she pulls the brake release... not the hood release!!!
Back to top Go down
pjcharger
CAMM Pro
pjcharger

PostSubject: Re: brake light is on now   brake light is on now I_icon_minitimeSeptember 11th 2010, 10:49 pm

hahaha FIXED!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: brake light is on now   brake light is on now I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

brake light is on now
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Garage :: Wheels and Suspension-
Jump to: