Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best place for a Cam and Headers Install?

Go down 
+7
Illinois Chaos
Gladius
ChiTownHemi
Shawn1112
jontoad
HiPwr
DamnSTR8
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Bob_Kurgan
CAMM Member
Bob_Kurgan

Best place for a Cam and Headers Install? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best place for a Cam and Headers Install?   Best place for a Cam and Headers Install? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeAugust 19th 2010, 8:10 am

Illinois Chaos wrote:
Gladius wrote:
I'm running a Kenne Bell 2.8LC. Installed it was a little over $9k. A Vortech would be a little less expensive. While you won't have that off-idle flat torque curve, it will make just as much horse power up top and be a little less harsh on a stock motor.

Them thar are pretty good numbers, Gladius. I'm a little detuned right now. I saw Tim again today and we are looking into the 93 tune to max it out on the 32 tooth. That way I will own 2 tunes. The stock Vortech tune (91) and a custom 93 CMR tune. I'm only at 6.5 lbs. boost and won't make more than 530-535 rhp. But that get's the party started, if you know what I mean, lol.

u want more power?
Back to top Go down
xegitalian19xx
Founding Member
Founding Member
xegitalian19xx

PostSubject: Re: Best place for a Cam and Headers Install?   Best place for a Cam and Headers Install? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeAugust 19th 2010, 8:30 am

Bob_Kurgan wrote:
Illinois Chaos wrote:
Gladius wrote:
I'm running a Kenne Bell 2.8LC. Installed it was a little over $9k. A Vortech would be a little less expensive. While you won't have that off-idle flat torque curve, it will make just as much horse power up top and be a little less harsh on a stock motor.

Them thar are pretty good numbers, Gladius. I'm a little detuned right now. I saw Tim again today and we are looking into the 93 tune to max it out on the 32 tooth. That way I will own 2 tunes. The stock Vortech tune (91) and a custom 93 CMR tune. I'm only at 6.5 lbs. boost and won't make more than 530-535 rhp. But that get's the party started, if you know what I mean, lol.

u want more power?

Who doesn't?
Back to top Go down
Bob_Kurgan
CAMM Member
Bob_Kurgan

PostSubject: Re: Best place for a Cam and Headers Install?   Best place for a Cam and Headers Install? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeAugust 19th 2010, 8:34 am

xegitalian19xx wrote:
Bob_Kurgan wrote:
Illinois Chaos wrote:
Gladius wrote:

u want more power?

Who doesn't?

people who are pushing the stock motor?
Back to top Go down
DamnSTR8
CAMM Pro
DamnSTR8

PostSubject: Re: Best place for a Cam and Headers Install?   Best place for a Cam and Headers Install? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeAugust 19th 2010, 10:56 am

Now you got me debating my mods again haha...but im going against the reality of spending that much money on my car not knowing how much longer im going to keep it..$9000 is a LOT of cash to be dropping on a car if you only have it for 3 more years and also especially when i have a mortgage payment....not to mention other things like trans and half shafts and suspension
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: Best place for a Cam and Headers Install?   Best place for a Cam and Headers Install? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeAugust 19th 2010, 12:02 pm

I wouldn't put $9k in any (modern) car I was considering parting with in less than ten years. You won't get it back out.
Back to top Go down
DamnSTR8
CAMM Pro
DamnSTR8

PostSubject: Re: Best place for a Cam and Headers Install?   Best place for a Cam and Headers Install? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2010, 4:09 pm

i was quoted about $1500 for an install for a cam? does this seem high or is this common?
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Best place for a Cam and Headers Install?   Best place for a Cam and Headers Install? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2010, 5:50 pm

DamnSTR8 wrote:
i was quoted about $1500 for an install for a cam? does this seem high or is this common?
Its about a 10 hr job so your paying $150.00 hr. I personally think its high. Are you doing headers at the same time? If not you should because they have to pull the heads to do the cam.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Best place for a Cam and Headers Install?   Best place for a Cam and Headers Install? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2010, 6:40 am

Go to Mr. Norm's
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: Best place for a Cam and Headers Install?   Best place for a Cam and Headers Install? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2010, 9:15 am

Illinois Chaos wrote:
Go to Mr. Norm's

What????? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

PostSubject: Re: Best place for a Cam and Headers Install?   Best place for a Cam and Headers Install? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2010, 4:31 pm

Illinois Chaos wrote:
Go to Mr. Norm's

Is this what a "whisper" looks like? scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best place for a Cam and Headers Install?   Best place for a Cam and Headers Install? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best place for a Cam and Headers Install?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2