Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Factory Reproductions...

Go down 
+3
moaugust88
Dartboy
irishrt5.7
7 posters
AuthorMessage
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

Factory Reproductions... Empty
PostSubject: Factory Reproductions...   Factory Reproductions... I_icon_minitimeJune 14th 2010, 5:56 pm

so a guy bought some 300 srt repros... a year ago in satin black they lookd like this...
Factory Reproductions... Image001

after a year now they look like this...
Factory Reproductions... Image002
Back to top Go down
Dartboy
Founding Member
Founding Member
Dartboy

PostSubject: Re: Factory Reproductions...   Factory Reproductions... I_icon_minitimeJune 14th 2010, 6:04 pm

and I would look like this...... affraid pale Super Sad Evil or Very Mad mad1 bat
Back to top Go down
moaugust88
CAMM Pro
moaugust88

PostSubject: Re: Factory Reproductions...   Factory Reproductions... I_icon_minitimeJune 14th 2010, 6:07 pm

Yeah I saw that over on LX, that sucks. You pay like $$$$s of dollars for the rims and this happens. I think he said that he tried to talk to them about it and they aren't returning his calls at all.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Factory Reproductions...   Factory Reproductions... I_icon_minitimeJune 14th 2010, 7:09 pm

That really sucks. I have Factory Reproductions on my car and havent had that problem. I guess maybe he got a bad batch or something. Mike and Vic have flat black repros from them too, I hope theirs dont get like that.

EDIT: Its possible that he was washing them wrong. Before I got my rims, I called them and asked them what the best way to wash them was and they told me to wash them with car soap just like I wash the body of the car. Its possible that he used some harsh wheel cleaner and that dulled the paint.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Factory Reproductions...   Factory Reproductions... I_icon_minitimeJune 14th 2010, 7:25 pm

to tell you the truth i think 90 percent of that is the light in the photo and the fact that its dirty in the second photo... i saw that post and thats the reaction i had. look at the tires condition in the second photo its just as faded as the wheel. to me it looks like wax build up. a lot of people do not know how to take care of satin and flat finishes. i think some meguiars back to black for cleaning build up off flat black trim pieces could fix them.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Factory Reproductions...   Factory Reproductions... I_icon_minitimeJune 14th 2010, 7:29 pm

I have always used nothing but soap and water on my rims. If you wash your car at least once a week you should never have a problem.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Factory Reproductions...   Factory Reproductions... I_icon_minitimeJune 14th 2010, 7:36 pm

jontoad wrote:
to tell you the truth i think 90 percent of that is the light in the photo and the fact that its dirty in the second photo... i saw that post and thats the reaction i had. look at the tires condition in the second photo its just as faded as the wheel. to me it looks like wax build up. a lot of people do not know how to take care of satin and flat finishes. i think some meguiars back to black for cleaning build up off flat black trim pieces could fix them.

That makes a lot of sense. If he used a polarizer filter on the first pic, the black would look like a darker shade than it actually is.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Factory Reproductions...   Factory Reproductions... I_icon_minitimeJune 14th 2010, 7:36 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
I have always used nothing but soap and water on my rims. If you wash your car at least once a week you should never have a problem.

i wax all my wheels but they are all painted and glossy just like how the car is painted. flat or semi flat finishes can not be waxed.

shawn you should wax your chrome wheels too. it prevents pitting and doesn't let brake dust ruin your chrome.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Factory Reproductions...   Factory Reproductions... I_icon_minitimeJune 14th 2010, 7:47 pm

jontoad wrote:
Shawn1112 wrote:

i wax all my wheels but they are all painted and glossy just like how the car is painted. flat or semi flat finishes can not be waxed.

shawn you should wax your chrome wheels too. it prevents pitting and doesn't let brake dust ruin your chrome.
I do, every other week.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Factory Reproductions...   Factory Reproductions... I_icon_minitimeJune 14th 2010, 8:32 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
jontoad wrote:
Shawn1112 wrote:

I do, every other week.

oh i thought you meant you only use soap and water on them.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Factory Reproductions...   Factory Reproductions... I_icon_minitimeJune 14th 2010, 8:37 pm

Soap and water to clean them.
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: Factory Reproductions...   Factory Reproductions... I_icon_minitimeJune 14th 2010, 10:07 pm

how do you get hazing of of chrome rims,i mean they still shine just a bit hazy in some small spots......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Factory Reproductions...   Factory Reproductions... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Factory Reproductions...
Page 1 of 1