Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"bling rings" for the spedometer & dash

Go down 
+10
chargerchick
TheBlackWidow
DA H.N.I.C.
Headtripp
Hoodie
liljoejoe54
Mad Hatter
Shawn1112
Admin
AlterEgo
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

"bling rings" for the spedometer & dash Empty
PostSubject: "bling rings" for the spedometer & dash   "bling rings" for the spedometer & dash I_icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2009, 8:32 pm

So I saw a picture of these today and am wondering if anyone can give pros/cons on them and if they know how easy or difficult the install would be. I love the other interior lights I have ( thaks liljoe) and I want More! Opinions appreciate.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founding Member
Founding Member
Admin

PostSubject: Re: "bling rings" for the spedometer & dash   "bling rings" for the spedometer & dash I_icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2009, 8:44 pm

Can't be any harder than some of the messing around I've done with the cluster.. Probably way to bright to drive with them on though.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: "bling rings" for the spedometer & dash   "bling rings" for the spedometer & dash I_icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2009, 8:50 pm

I saw a post on the Z, they put them in Camo's car. They didnt look too bright to drive with them on!
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

PostSubject: Re: "bling rings" for the spedometer & dash   "bling rings" for the spedometer & dash I_icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2009, 8:56 pm

What was it that BPD had in his dash? Was it like a tinting paper that made the gauges orange?
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: "bling rings" for the spedometer & dash   "bling rings" for the spedometer & dash I_icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2009, 9:00 pm

Not sure, knowing that mad man he probably took them apart and painted them!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founding Member
Founding Member
Admin

PostSubject: Re: "bling rings" for the spedometer & dash   "bling rings" for the spedometer & dash I_icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2009, 9:04 pm

AlterEgo wrote:
What was it that BPD had in his dash? Was it like a tinting paper that made the gauges orange?
He had an actual gauge insert...

I did the gel sheet in mine to make the EVIC and stuff red. Hard to see during the day, but killer at night.

"bling rings" for the spedometer & dash 24225220254_large
Back to top Go down
Mad Hatter
CAMM Member
Mad Hatter

PostSubject: Re: "bling rings" for the spedometer & dash   "bling rings" for the spedometer & dash I_icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2009, 10:32 pm

THAT'S NICE!
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: "bling rings" for the spedometer & dash   "bling rings" for the spedometer & dash I_icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2009, 8:09 am

elcobra44 wrote:
AlterEgo wrote:

I did the gel sheet in mine to make the EVIC and stuff red. Hard to see during the day, but killer at night.

Yeah I have mine in blue and cant see shit in the EVIC during the day but it pays off at night.
Back to top Go down
Hoodie
CAMM Pro
Hoodie

PostSubject: Re: "bling rings" for the spedometer & dash   "bling rings" for the spedometer & dash I_icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2009, 5:55 pm

I was thinking about the bling rings in the guage.. The ones that a few are putting in now are the CCFLs.. I asked on the Z if AAC would make maybe a 1000mcd LED set for the guage clusters seeing as those are brighter then the CCFls as it is..

What Mike had in his car was a guage overlay from US Speedo.. Here's his install write-up and pics: http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91630
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

PostSubject: Re: "bling rings" for the spedometer & dash   "bling rings" for the spedometer & dash I_icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2009, 6:42 pm

I can't get to it via the link, but thanks for the info everyone.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: "bling rings" for the spedometer & dash   "bling rings" for the spedometer & dash I_icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2009, 7:02 pm

AlterEgo wrote:
I can't get to it via the link, but thanks for the info everyone.

If Vic takes your gauges out of the car, ill put a sheet of orange gelcoat behind the gauges. I just hate taking the gauges out cuz the part of the dash that the bezel clips into is really fragile. Just a heads up, the light WILL be a lot dimmer and it will be hard to see the gauges.
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

PostSubject: Re: "bling rings" for the spedometer & dash   "bling rings" for the spedometer & dash I_icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2009, 8:28 pm

dumb question #2: Where do I buy the gelcoat? and is that the only option?
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: "bling rings" for the spedometer & dash   "bling rings" for the spedometer & dash I_icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2009, 8:32 pm

AlterEgo wrote:
dumb question #2: Where do I buy the gelcoat? and is that the only option?

Its the only option that I know of. U can get it from guital center. Its the stuff they put over concert lights. It was about $7 for a big sheet.
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PostSubject: Re: "bling rings" for the spedometer & dash   "bling rings" for the spedometer & dash I_icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2009, 10:53 pm

And this will end here... There will be no taking apart and replacing of the gauge cluster. Nice try Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founding Member
Founding Member
Admin

PostSubject: Re: "bling rings" for the spedometer & dash   "bling rings" for the spedometer & dash I_icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2009, 10:57 pm

That mod was how I ended up with the SRT cluster.. Broke the R/T cluster taking it apart!
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: "bling rings" for the spedometer & dash   "bling rings" for the spedometer & dash I_icon_minitimeJuly 22nd 2009, 8:08 am

elcobra44 wrote:
That mod was how I ended up with the SRT cluster.. Broke the R/T cluster taking it apart!

Lol, thats one main reason I dont want to do this mod for anyone. I had enough trouble with my own even though I didnt break anything, its a HUGE PITA. I actually want to remove my gel sheet so I can actually see my EVIC but I dont want to take the gauges apart again.
Back to top Go down
DA H.N.I.C.
CAMM Pro
DA H.N.I.C.

PostSubject: Re: "bling rings" for the spedometer & dash   "bling rings" for the spedometer & dash I_icon_minitimeJuly 23rd 2009, 8:37 am

I'm wondering if there is a way to change the center console colors too.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founding Member
Founding Member
Admin

PostSubject: Re: "bling rings" for the spedometer & dash   "bling rings" for the spedometer & dash I_icon_minitimeJuly 23rd 2009, 8:54 pm

DA H.N.I.C. wrote:
Yes, the led's need to be changed.. Joey is your man for that...

I'm still thinkin' bout doin mine up red. Smile
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: "bling rings" for the spedometer & dash   "bling rings" for the spedometer & dash I_icon_minitimeJuly 24th 2009, 10:17 am

elcobra44 wrote:
DA H.N.I.C. wrote:
Yes, the led's need to be changed.. Joey is your man for that...

I'm still thinkin' bout doin mine up red. Smile

Come on.....do it!!! I still have a crap load of Hipo's red LEDs and resistors leftover. His only needed 3 LEDs but he bought 40, lol.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: "bling rings" for the spedometer & dash   "bling rings" for the spedometer & dash I_icon_minitimeJuly 24th 2009, 10:19 am

DA H.N.I.C. wrote:

You mean like this?

Blue...
"bling rings" for the spedometer & dash RECBlue-1

Red...
"bling rings" for the spedometer & dash RECred-1

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founding Member
Founding Member
Admin

PostSubject: Re: "bling rings" for the spedometer & dash   "bling rings" for the spedometer & dash I_icon_minitimeJuly 24th 2009, 10:20 am

Well, I do have a set of some nice trim sticks to rip the dash apart.. Smile
Back to top Go down
DA H.N.I.C.
CAMM Pro
DA H.N.I.C.

PostSubject: Re: "bling rings" for the spedometer & dash   "bling rings" for the spedometer & dash I_icon_minitimeJuly 24th 2009, 2:21 pm

Aww Joe, I'd love to change the gauge cluster AND center console lighting. Can you show me how to do it?

-D
Back to top Go down
TheBlackWidow
CAMM Member
TheBlackWidow

PostSubject: Re: "bling rings" for the spedometer & dash   "bling rings" for the spedometer & dash I_icon_minitimeJuly 24th 2009, 3:59 pm

elcobra44 wrote:
AlterEgo wrote:

Damn that looks good. Where does one get the Gel Sheets from???
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: "bling rings" for the spedometer & dash   "bling rings" for the spedometer & dash I_icon_minitimeJuly 24th 2009, 4:25 pm

DA H.N.I.C. wrote:
Aww Joe, I'd love to change the gauge cluster AND center console lighting. Can you show me how to do it?

-D

Yeah I can do that.
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: "bling rings" for the spedometer & dash   "bling rings" for the spedometer & dash I_icon_minitimeJuly 24th 2009, 8:11 pm

OHHHHHHHH!!! I want that in purple!!! Nice!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "bling rings" for the spedometer & dash   "bling rings" for the spedometer & dash I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"bling rings" for the spedometer & dash
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next