Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Charger R/T exhaust question

Go down 
+8
irishrt5.7
jesse031081
cjresto
Iguanaman
Shawn1112
liljoejoe54
moaugust88
northsiderz
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
northsiderz
CAMM Member

Charger R/T exhaust question Empty
PostSubject: Charger R/T exhaust question   Charger R/T exhaust question I_icon_minitimeMay 10th 2010, 2:45 pm

Ok, so this may or may not be a really stupid question but I was hoping for a little help. I was wondering how you could tell if I had a stock exhaust on my R/T or if it is actually the Mopar(Borla) catback version? Its a 2009, I do NOT have the R&T package but on the original window sticker it shows "Perfomance Exhaust" with "Dual Bright tips". From what I have read if it were the Mopar version it would have a stamped M on the tips (which I do not).

I guess I'm thrown off by the "Performance Exhaust" terminology. Only reason I'm wondering is because I was looking to upgrade my exhaust. It would seem stupid if I already had the upgraded Mopar version. I'd like some more power and a little more rumble from the exhaust. I'm not going to put in a whole new catback if I've got the Mopar though.

Any suggestions people?
Back to top Go down
moaugust88
CAMM Pro
moaugust88

PostSubject: Re: Charger R/T exhaust question   Charger R/T exhaust question I_icon_minitimeMay 10th 2010, 3:25 pm

Real way to tell is to get under and look to see if you have the suitcase. The borla exhaust is like regular mufflers. That and you can get part numbers off of them. Some pics as well for everyone to see.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Charger R/T exhaust question   Charger R/T exhaust question I_icon_minitimeMay 10th 2010, 5:00 pm

moaugust88 wrote:
Real way to tell is to get under and look to see if you have the suitcase. The borla exhaust is like regular mufflers. That and you can get part numbers off of them. Some pics as well for everyone to see.

I agree. The suitcase muffler would be near the center of the car and will be one huge muffler with 2 pipes going in and 2 pipes coming out. If you have 2 separate mufflers in the center of the car then you have do not have stock exhaust.
Back to top Go down
northsiderz
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: Charger R/T exhaust question   Charger R/T exhaust question I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2010, 7:37 am

So, it looks like I just have a gigantic suitcase muffler under there. I am wondering how the dealer can get away with selling it w/ a "performance" exhaust when all that appears to have been upgraded is the tips?
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Charger R/T exhaust question   Charger R/T exhaust question I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2010, 8:10 am

They just call it a "performance exhaust"
Back to top Go down
moaugust88
CAMM Pro
moaugust88

PostSubject: Re: Charger R/T exhaust question   Charger R/T exhaust question I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2010, 10:11 am

That's Dodge for ya. Well the Dual Exhaust is performance to the V6 crowd. I have a Daytona Version that I am yet to put on. That's slightly more performance than the stock R/T exhaust.
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: Charger R/T exhaust question   Charger R/T exhaust question I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2010, 10:52 am

moaugust88 wrote:
That's Dodge for ya. Well the Dual Exhaust is performance to the V6 crowd. I have a Daytona Version that I am yet to put on. That's slightly more performance than the stock R/T exhaust.

Actually, that's probably the dealer for ya. Lots of times, deaLers put little extras on cars they get delivered...extras with large profit margins. They put it on as an addendum to the window sticker so it looks like a factory option, but really isn't. Sneaky.
Back to top Go down
moaugust88
CAMM Pro
moaugust88

PostSubject: Re: Charger R/T exhaust question   Charger R/T exhaust question I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2010, 11:00 am

Too true as well.
Back to top Go down
cjresto
CAMM Member
cjresto

PostSubject: Re: Charger R/T exhaust question   Charger R/T exhaust question I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2010, 1:42 pm

On my Daytonas window sticker it lists under standard equipment.
Performance Exhaust
Dual Rear Exhaust
Dual bright exhaust tips

Than under Optional equipment 28V (daytona package)
"High Performance Exhaust"
Back to top Go down
northsiderz
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: Charger R/T exhaust question   Charger R/T exhaust question I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2010, 4:48 pm

Thanks for all of the quick responses. I'll be meeting up with my exhaust guy this weekend to see what we can come up with. Maybe even a little custom work?? Hmmm....
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

PostSubject: Re: Charger R/T exhaust question   Charger R/T exhaust question I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2010, 5:10 pm

It might be a good idea to stop by one of the shows this weekend so you can hear other cars so you can get an idea of what you like.
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: Charger R/T exhaust question   Charger R/T exhaust question I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2010, 5:21 pm

x2
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

PostSubject: Re: Charger R/T exhaust question   Charger R/T exhaust question I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2010, 6:41 pm

Brian don't post whore my great ideas
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: Charger R/T exhaust question   Charger R/T exhaust question I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2010, 6:44 pm

lol... fuck off..it wasnt that great...
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

PostSubject: Re: Charger R/T exhaust question   Charger R/T exhaust question I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2010, 6:48 pm

X2
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: Charger R/T exhaust question   Charger R/T exhaust question I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2010, 6:48 pm

bro you dont even have the same swagger that i have...
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: Charger R/T exhaust question   Charger R/T exhaust question I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2010, 6:49 pm

but hey dont give up you are getting there...lol Laughing
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: Charger R/T exhaust question   Charger R/T exhaust question I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2010, 8:25 pm

irishrt5.7 wrote:
bro you dont even have the same swagger that i have...

X2
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: Charger R/T exhaust question   Charger R/T exhaust question I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2010, 8:25 pm

irishrt5.7 wrote:
but hey dont give up you are getting there...lol Laughing

X2
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

jesse031081 wrote:
Brian don't post whore my great ideas

Yeah Brian, seriously X2
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: Charger R/T exhaust question   Charger R/T exhaust question I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2010, 8:30 pm

Take Brian's lame idea and multiply it by two and then divide it by Jesse's idea squared and you get: Two Dumbasses.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Charger R/T exhaust question   Charger R/T exhaust question I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2010, 8:30 pm

Math is fun!
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: Charger R/T exhaust question   Charger R/T exhaust question I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2010, 8:32 pm

Happy Birthday Dave...
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: Charger R/T exhaust question   Charger R/T exhaust question I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2010, 8:34 pm

HiPwr wrote:
Take Brian's lame idea and multiply it by two and then divide it by Jesse's idea squared and you get: Two Dumbasses.

Bwahahahahaha!!! Hell yeah! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: Charger R/T exhaust question   Charger R/T exhaust question I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2010, 8:34 pm

irishrt5.7 wrote:
Happy Birthday Dave...

x2 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Charger R/T exhaust question   Charger R/T exhaust question I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Charger R/T exhaust question
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next