Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Shocks For My Chally?

Go down 
+3
Moparcharger07
Shawn1112
DamnSTR8
7 posters
AuthorMessage
DamnSTR8
CAMM Pro
DamnSTR8

New Shocks For My Chally? Empty
PostSubject: New Shocks For My Chally?   New Shocks For My Chally? I_icon_minitimeApril 13th 2010, 4:33 pm

Im looking to get new shocks for the Challenger before the show on Sunday and idk what to get becasue mine now are all black and not performance and remember ..its all original...so does getting new performance shocks gonna take away from my car or no? Cause i need new shocks bad!!
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: New Shocks For My Chally?   New Shocks For My Chally? I_icon_minitimeApril 13th 2010, 5:09 pm

You should pm Adam (Moparcharger06) he is the expert at suspension.
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: New Shocks For My Chally?   New Shocks For My Chally? I_icon_minitimeApril 13th 2010, 9:39 pm

How many miles do you have?? What's the symptoms??

You SHOULDN'T need new ones already, unless they are defective. If it feels like it's sways alot cornering, you MIGHT want to consider springs AND shocks, OR just upgrade you're sway bars. But let's hear what the symptons are first before I jump to conclusions LoL
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: New Shocks For My Chally?   New Shocks For My Chally? I_icon_minitimeApril 14th 2010, 12:21 am

Adam is the man!
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: New Shocks For My Chally?   New Shocks For My Chally? I_icon_minitimeApril 14th 2010, 7:51 am

Adam, I think he is talking about his 1970 Chally. He forgot to mention that, if I'm not mistaking he has a Charger srt8 as his modern mopar
Back to top Go down
xegitalian19xx
Founding Member
Founding Member
xegitalian19xx

PostSubject: Re: New Shocks For My Chally?   New Shocks For My Chally? I_icon_minitimeApril 14th 2010, 9:16 am

Yeah I do also think he's talking about his 70' Chally
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: New Shocks For My Chally?   New Shocks For My Chally? I_icon_minitimeApril 14th 2010, 9:30 am

It might be hard to find OEM shocks for the Chally. For my '68 Firebird, I went with KYB shock and I liked them. If you really want to keep it original then you should do OEM but the search might take a while.
Back to top Go down
DamnSTR8
CAMM Pro
DamnSTR8

PostSubject: Re: New Shocks For My Chally?   New Shocks For My Chally? I_icon_minitimeApril 14th 2010, 10:29 am

ya it is for my 1970 Chally but I cant find OEM shocks anywhere...not even Year One has them...
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: New Shocks For My Chally?   New Shocks For My Chally? I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2010, 10:02 pm

Ahhhh, ok ok.. LoL WELL, I would go with some good KYB's like Joe said. Cause IF you find OEM ones, they won't be an "upgraded" shock, they'll be the regular average shock, if you want a better feel and stuff like that, aftermarket is the way to go.

I know a LITTLE about older cars, I grew up with all older cars 79 Camaro, 82 stepside, and 80 Pinto (yes, a Pinto LoL), it's just been awhile. But yeah, I'd go with those, they are a reputable nam, been around for a long time. Other than those, none other pop into my head, UNLESS you maybe go to Summit, or Jegs and try them out?
Back to top Go down
DamnSTR8
CAMM Pro
DamnSTR8

PostSubject: Re: New Shocks For My Chally?   New Shocks For My Chally? I_icon_minitimeApril 17th 2010, 4:45 pm

ok i ordered some from jims auto parts..their hydraulic shocks with OEM appearance...should be getting them monday
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: New Shocks For My Chally?   New Shocks For My Chally? I_icon_minitimeApril 17th 2010, 7:35 pm

DamnSTR8 wrote:
ok i ordered some from jims auto parts..their hydraulic shocks with OEM appearance...should be getting them monday

You should check with Tim @ Mr. Norms. That's part of what they do there. They have a ton of rare Mopar gems. I'm betting they can get anything you need.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Shocks For My Chally?   New Shocks For My Chally? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Shocks For My Chally?
Page 1 of 1