Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Diablo Tuner just arrived!!

Go down 
+2
Shawn1112
northsiderz
6 posters
AuthorMessage
northsiderz
CAMM Member

Diablo Tuner just arrived!! Empty
PostSubject: Diablo Tuner just arrived!!   Diablo Tuner just arrived!! I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2010, 2:31 pm

I want to start by thanking all of you that have posted information about the Predator. At first, I was a little hesitant about getting one but after only a coupe days with it I am more than pleased. I have noticed a considerable difference in the stock settings vs. 93 OCT tune.

I've done a ton of combing the sites for more info about tuning and troubleshooting but still had a couple questions I"m hoping someone can chime in with some advice. To this point I am only running the 93 OCT tune and have put in 93 octane gas. (waiting for my Aria and still deciding on exhaust).

While I noticed a difference in power(good)....it does appear that the car may be running at a slighly higher RPM range while cruising in the city (35-50 mph). And, it seems as if I have burnt up a bit more gas than usual (and not just because I'm gunning it ) It also appears to take a bit longer for the MDS to kick in after I've reached a certain speed and leveled off. Maybe I'm just being paranoid about it.....can anyone help me out? Is there something else that I needed to do before/after installing the tune? Or, anything simple I can adjust on the predator without causing problems?

I plan on getting a dyno tune later...but in the meantime I'd like to get the most from the Predator.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Diablo Tuner just arrived!!   Diablo Tuner just arrived!! I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2010, 5:07 pm

You can raise your shift points, not sure how far but someone will chime in. As far as byrning more gas welcome to the club, you may not notice but you are probably driving the car harder.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Diablo Tuner just arrived!!   Diablo Tuner just arrived!! I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2010, 5:25 pm

northsiderz wrote:
I want to start by thanking all of you that have posted information about the Predator. At first, I was a little hesitant about getting one but after only a coupe days with it I am more than pleased. I have noticed a considerable difference in the stock settings vs. 93 OCT tune.

I've done a ton of combing the sites for more info about tuning and troubleshooting but still had a couple questions I"m hoping someone can chime in with some advice. To this point I am only running the 93 OCT tune and have put in 93 octane gas. (waiting for my Aria and still deciding on exhaust).

While I noticed a difference in power(good)....it does appear that the car may be running at a slighly higher RPM range while cruising in the city (35-50 mph). And, it seems as if I have burnt up a bit more gas than usual (and not just because I'm gunning it ) It also appears to take a bit longer for the MDS to kick in after I've reached a certain speed and leveled off. Maybe I'm just being paranoid about it.....can anyone help me out? Is there something else that I needed to do before/after installing the tune? Or, anything simple I can adjust on the predator without causing problems?

I plan on getting a dyno tune later...but in the meantime I'd like to get the most from the Predator.

You have to put the 180 t-stat and the cai on before you put that 93 cai tune in.
Back to top Go down
northsiderz
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: Diablo Tuner just arrived!!   Diablo Tuner just arrived!! I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2010, 8:20 pm

^^No....I just put in the 93 oct tune in, not the 93 CAI tune. Do you think that still makes a difference?

Shawn - .....when you say raise the shift points, what do you mean by that? I assume RPM range...but I wouldn't have the slightest idea what is safe or not. Thanks again man for showing me this site....been great.
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: Diablo Tuner just arrived!!   Diablo Tuner just arrived!! I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2010, 8:28 pm

I think the R/Ts have a shift firmness adjustment, don't they?
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PostSubject: Re: Diablo Tuner just arrived!!   Diablo Tuner just arrived!! I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2010, 8:57 pm

Yes it is shift firmness and as for the higher rpms I just raised them by 100 for the hell of it lol.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Diablo Tuner just arrived!!   Diablo Tuner just arrived!! I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2010, 9:51 pm

northsiderz wrote:
^^No....I just put in the 93 oct tune in, not the 93 CAI tune. Do you think that still makes a difference?

Shawn - .....when you say raise the shift points, what do you mean by that? I assume RPM range...but I wouldn't have the slightest idea what is safe or not. Thanks again man for showing me this site....been great.

I don't know, I just made that up....I guess it will be ok then. lol, it's fine.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Diablo Tuner just arrived!!   Diablo Tuner just arrived!! I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2010, 9:54 pm

Headtripp wrote:
Yes it is shift firmness and as for the higher rpms I just raised them by 100 for the hell of it lol.

I just raised the rpm firmness..........with my foot.
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: Diablo Tuner just arrived!!   Diablo Tuner just arrived!! I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2010, 10:01 pm

Illinois Chaos wrote:
Headtripp wrote:

LOL! Nice!! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PostSubject: Re: Diablo Tuner just arrived!!   Diablo Tuner just arrived!! I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2010, 10:03 pm

Illinois Chaos wrote:
Headtripp wrote:

You need a foot in yer butt affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Diablo Tuner just arrived!!   Diablo Tuner just arrived!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Diablo Tuner just arrived!!
Page 1 of 1