Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Question?

Go down 
+6
irishrt5.7
Illinois Chaos
HiPwr
Shawn1112
Dartboy
ChargerSRT
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

Question? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question?   Question? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2010, 5:38 pm

Cool, if not we will blame Dartboy....
Back to top Go down
ChargerSRT
CAMM Pro
ChargerSRT

Question? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question?   Question? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2010, 6:23 pm

They do sell the remotes. I would have to go to a registered dealer for this product that they sell on the west coast exclusively. It also sounds like a subscription service too.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Question? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question?   Question? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2010, 6:25 pm

I got ya, probably like LoJack.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Question? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question?   Question? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2010, 7:03 pm

HiPwr wrote:
Illinois Chaos wrote:
HiPwr wrote:
The SRT already has full ESP off mode.

I think even full off mode only disables 80%. You have to put a switch on the purple wire with the light blue stripe under console in that bundle.

Give me a source on that. That's the first time I've heard it is anything other than 100%.

Well here's one write up on how to do the FULL no esp mod. (by Jontoad) As far as a source goes just use your own search engine and type in no esp mod. Too many to list.

get a 3 dollar lighted switch from radio shack and put a switch on the power wire (purple wire with light blue stripe) for the gyro-meter under your center console. the "no esp" kit is expensive and you can make it from radioshack parts for 5-10 bux.

all you need is-
1. switch of your choice
2. 18 guage wire
3. 18 guage crimpable wire connectors

its also not like the srt button, its a full esp disable. the srt button full off will still cut power if you get sideways. the radio shack switch mod does not, but since its a full disable some times you spin one tire on sticky pavement. it cuts down the abs and the abs controls the rear end function and which tires spin in our cars.
Illinois Chaos

Question? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question?   Question? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2010, 7:08 pm

HiPwr wrote:
ChargerSRT wrote:
I read somewhere a while back that if you press and hold the esp button for about 15 seconds (or until you here the chime) it is then off at 100%.

Correct.

No it doesn't turn it off 100%. You have to do the esp mod to do that.
Back to top Go down
ChargerSRT
CAMM Pro
ChargerSRT

Question? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question?   Question? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2010, 7:24 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:

Exactly like it just a different name and the owner of the car has full disable control as well.

Thanks Choas. Doesn't the Predator tuner shut it off too?
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

Question? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question?   Question? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2010, 7:27 pm

ChargerSRT wrote:
Yeah me too.

I tell you what if everybody on here is like Chris and Shawn then this is the place to be.

Just be wary of that Eric dude, but everyone else is cool. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ChargerSRT
CAMM Pro
ChargerSRT

Question? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question?   Question? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2010, 7:33 pm

Just be wary of that Eric dude, but everyone else is cool. Very Happy[/quote

All right I'll watch it. ]
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Question? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question?   Question? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2010, 9:38 pm

ChargerSRT wrote:
Shawn1112 wrote:

Exactly like it just a different name and the owner of the car has full disable control as well.

Yeah, but I think it disables ABS too. Not sure, but I think it does. I never use that.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

Question? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question?   Question? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2010, 9:54 pm

ChargerSRT wrote:
Shawn1112 wrote:

if you use the predator to do it your car will go into limp mode randomly and lock you in second and third gear only. the diablo esp disable is not really what it says. its putting the car in dyno test mode. if you turn your steering wheel too far the car will go into limp mode because that mode is for diagnostics on a dyno.

and the SRT dash button can only do up to 80 percent off even when it says "esp off" there is a reason i have a separate no esp mod switch on my SRT
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

Question? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question?   Question? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 25th 2010, 8:52 am

Illinois Chaos wrote:
Well here's one write up on how to do the FULL no esp mod. (by Jontoad) As far as a source goes just use your own search engine and type in no esp mod. Too many to list.

get a 3 dollar lighted switch from radio shack and put a switch on the power wire (purple wire with light blue stripe) for the gyro-meter under your center console. the "no esp" kit is expensive and you can make it from radioshack parts for 5-10 bux.

all you need is-
1. switch of your choice
2. 18 guage wire
3. 18 guage crimpable wire connectors

its also not like the srt button, its a full esp disable. the srt button full off will still cut power if you get sideways. the radio shack switch mod does not, but since its a full disable some times you spin one tire on sticky pavement. it cuts down the abs and the abs controls the rear end function and which tires spin in our cars.

If yours and Jon's assertion that it is not 100% because it does not affect ABS, I don't believe you are correct. ABS is a separate system from ESP just as a '98 Ford Explorer has ABS and no ESP. If Chrysler has tied the two systems together for stability control and that control is disabled by pressing the button, ESP is still disabled as all of its functions are disabled.

The question becomes, once you have put an SRT into full ESP disable mode via the switch, are the brakes ever applied without the driver actually pushing on the brake pedal?

Last edited by HiPwr on March 25th 2010, 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Question? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question?   Question? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 25th 2010, 1:19 pm

Eric, your confusing Dyno mode on the predator with esp off mod.

1.Dyno Mode from predator is esp 100% off and ABS off. (not for road use)

2. Esp off with Mr. squiggly showing on dash is 40% off.

3. Esp held down for 5 sec. esp completely disabled is 80% off.

4.FULL NO ESP MOD disables it 100% leaving ABS alone. (installing on/off switch on the purp.wire w/lt blue stripe)
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

Question? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question?   Question? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 25th 2010, 1:22 pm

Illinois Chaos wrote:
3. Esp held down for 5 sec. esp completely disabled is 80% off.

What is the 20% of ESP doing in that state?
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Question? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question?   Question? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 25th 2010, 2:33 pm

When you get sideways it will cut power.
Back to top Go down
moros323
CAMM Pro
moros323

Question? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question?   Question? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2011, 4:26 am

I know with my car if I hold till chime just fully turns off traction control but will still correct getting sideways. I usually do the get up to 15 mph and turn key to start and hold till chime puts car in dyno mode turns off anti locks,skid control,traction control and torque management for all out crazy!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Question? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question?   Question? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2