Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Check out that shine!

Go down 
+10
Headtripp
chargerchick
bogieboy
HemiMag
AlterEgo
Illinois Chaos
axon
eviltrycycle
jontoad
liljoejoe54
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

Check out that shine! Empty
PostSubject: Check out that shine!   Check out that shine! I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2010, 7:53 pm

I washed, buffed, and waxed the hell out of my car yesterday and I am pretty impressed at the shine it has now. I used this stuff called Turtle Wax black box that is made for black cars and I love it. It hid all the swirl marks and makes the paint look wet while giving a nice deep shine....

Check out that shine! DSC_7713

Check out that shine! DSC_7727

This stuff is like a 7 step process and can get messy (the wax is black and i had to use gloves) but it is WELL worth it. I think I found my new wax for sure.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Check out that shine!   Check out that shine! I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2010, 7:57 pm

sweet. glad those products worked out for ya!

i just spent 125 bux on Zaino products yesterday. got the "show car detail kit" and the Z-CS "Clear Seal" i can't wait for those products to arive so i can give my baby a proper spring cleaning. its got swirl marks from sitting under a cover in the garage. too bad sunday is supposed to be crappy.

im real excited to try the clear seal.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Check out that shine!   Check out that shine! I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2010, 8:02 pm

Jon let me know what you think about the clear seal. I have been reading about it and I am very curious about it. I need to order detailer, wheel stuff and leather cleaner from them at least.

Looks great Joey!
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Check out that shine!   Check out that shine! I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2010, 8:15 pm

I never even heard of the clear seal thing. What is it?
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Check out that shine!   Check out that shine! I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2010, 8:26 pm

liljoejoe54 wrote:

no idea what it is made of but its a polymer protectant with uv blockers to put over detail jobs to last up to 9 months. 1/4oz. can do an entire car and it can be used over other peoples products too. wipe it on sparingly with a light mist on the pannel and grab a beer cause your done. you don't wipe it off or anything. its a top coat to any detal job.

its in a 6oz. bottle for 30 bux so it better be damned good. lol.

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=Z-CS&Category_Code=Zaino&Product_Count=6

http://www.zainostore.com/
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Check out that shine!   Check out that shine! I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2010, 8:30 pm

Ill let you test it out first, lol. Sounds good though.
Back to top Go down
axon
CAMM Member
axon

PostSubject: Re: Check out that shine!   Check out that shine! I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2010, 9:38 pm

dauuummmnnn that is shiny! I will wax in a few weeks.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Check out that shine!   Check out that shine! I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2010, 9:42 pm

I rubbed 2 kinds of the prep shit into mine the other day and then the clay bar. put on polish. Waxed it up and it's ready. I was always leary of the clay bar. It seemed like it would be hard to do. I did it in half an hour or less. Piece of cake and did the job, too. Paint is smoooooth.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Check out that shine!   Check out that shine! I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2010, 10:33 pm

Clay bars are awesome. Thanks Tom you reminded me I need new ones.
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

PostSubject: Re: Check out that shine!   Check out that shine! I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2010, 10:55 pm

oooooh so shiny Joey! Looks really nice. Got any of that stuff for my car?
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: Check out that shine!   Check out that shine! I_icon_minitimeMarch 20th 2010, 1:16 am

liljoejoe54 wrote:

a clear sealer basically does what its named after.It basically protect the wax you just laid down..If you want to be anal about it its always god to go wax,sealer,wax,sealer so you apply multiple coats of protection!!!

BTW your car looks mighty shiney Joey!!!
Back to top Go down
bogieboy
CAMM All-Star
bogieboy

PostSubject: Re: Check out that shine!   Check out that shine! I_icon_minitimeMarch 20th 2010, 6:56 am

Hehe.....Lil' Bogie just got his spring cleaning last nite.......spent 3 hrs on him.....(he wasn't too bad since I detailed him for the CAMM bowling night......unfortunately, I get to drive him out to naperville to get his new shoes.....I hope the snowy rainy shit holds off........
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: Check out that shine!   Check out that shine! I_icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2010, 2:37 pm

That sure is a shiny car!!! Does that work only for black cars or can you use it on other colors?
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PostSubject: Re: Check out that shine!   Check out that shine! I_icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2010, 3:01 pm

Jon send me the info on what you bought at Zaino I may try it out and since you already bought it I would just order what you did.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Check out that shine!   Check out that shine! I_icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2010, 3:27 pm

Looks great Joey, do the same to your Altima
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PostSubject: Re: Check out that shine!   Check out that shine! I_icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2010, 3:31 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
I think the quaters would fall off
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Check out that shine!   Check out that shine! I_icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2010, 4:16 pm

Headtripp wrote:
Shawn1112 wrote:
I think the quaters would fall off

Lol they probably would.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Check out that shine!   Check out that shine! I_icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2010, 4:17 pm

chargerchick wrote:
That sure is a shiny car!!! Does that work only for black cars or can you use it on other colors?

Thanks! I honestly have no idea if it would be for other colors but I wouldnt try it on yours until you find out for sure.
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: Check out that shine!   Check out that shine! I_icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2010, 5:03 pm

Ok thanks Joey. I'll do some research before trying it.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Check out that shine!   Check out that shine! I_icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2010, 8:18 pm

Headtripp wrote:
Jon send me the info on what you bought at Zaino I may try it out and since you already bought it I would just order what you did.

tracking says it will be here tomorrow and i have saturday off so if its nice this weekend i plan to try the stuff out. i got this..

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=ZKIT-1&Category_Code=Zaino&Product_Count=1

and this

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=Z-CS&Category_Code=Zaino&Product_Count=6
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Check out that shine!   Check out that shine! I_icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2010, 8:55 pm

Headtripp wrote:

Have been around it for years so if you have questions I can prolly help ya as well.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Check out that shine!   Check out that shine! I_icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2010, 8:59 pm

Ok now that I see what Jon got I am jealous. Z7 is the mess when it comes to quick detailing at a show. The tire shine is good too, doesn't sling and the leather in a bottle will bring back some nasty looking leather. I am not a fan of how the leather one smells, I call it butt in a bottle but its only like that in the bottle. The rest of the stuff they make has a fruity smell but nothing over powering.

The car wash takes a tiny capful and it makes tons of suds.

Dang it now I need to go order. Sad
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PostSubject: Re: Check out that shine!   Check out that shine! I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2010, 8:54 am

Thanks Jon and Crystal I actually went last night for a ride and found the turtle wax black box and will give that a try first not that it really needs it HEHE
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: Check out that shine!   Check out that shine! I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2010, 9:03 am

I'm lazy and I don't want to look for it, but I thought someone had recommended a good tire shine product. What I have now is a spray bottle that won't get onto your paint on days with absolutely no wind.
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: Check out that shine!   Check out that shine! I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2010, 10:32 am

HiPwr wrote:
I'm lazy and I don't want to look for it, but I thought someone had recommended a good tire shine product. What I have now is a spray bottle that won't get onto your paint on days with absolutely no wind.

I'm trying Armor All tire shine..comes with a sponge applicator that seemed to work well the 1 or 2 times I used it last fall, if I remember correctly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Check out that shine!   Check out that shine! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Check out that shine!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Car Show :: Photo and Video Sharing-
Jump to: