Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pedders upgrade - wow

Go down 
+2
Shawn1112
Metallic Blue
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Metallic Blue
CAMM Member
Metallic Blue

Pedders upgrade - wow Empty
PostSubject: Pedders upgrade - wow   Pedders upgrade - wow I_icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2010, 4:53 pm

Well, this was round #2 of suspension upgrades.

Previous: Eibach lowering springs, Eibach shocks and struts and swaybars, OE bushings, No bump steer correction kit

Upgrade - Installed Pedders Street II Kit:
Rear shocks; front struts, Front heavy duty coils (10mm drop so car raises 25.6mm or 1 inch over the Eibach’s), Rear heavy duty coils (15mm drop so car raises 33.3mm or 1 inch and change over the Eibach’s).

Rear sub-frame bushings
Bump steer correction kit
Lower front shock mount
Front radius rod bushing
Front lower control arm bushing
Adjustable front upper control arm bushing
Rear camber ling/radius rod bushing
Rear camber link adjustable bushing kit
Rear swaybar endlinks

Also had prior to and after upgrade the front & rear strut tower braces and undercarriage chassis brace; tires 235-55-18.

The car handled very nicely prior to the upgrades. Afterwards…..it is an entirely different handling car...handles much better.

1) much less lean

2) feels very solid….go over rough road and you feel that the road is rough but the car holds and doesn’t get skittish

3) gone on my car are those micro-type secondary vibrations lasting a few milliseconds that are very slight yet noticeable when driving over rough road

4) example….for those of you (in Illinois) familiar with I88 and the ramp going to northbound 294….it has the long sweeping left curve, I took it at 70 with extreme confidence and slowed down only because of traffic ahead. There was no tire squeal – no drift – hardly any lean - it hugged the pavement and at the curve’s apex I was about 2 feet over the line separating the left and right hand lanes….so just a little to the left correction and the car was back in my lane.

Granted, the car sits higher (but lower than with oem springs) and there’s a greater gap between the top of the tires and fenders. However, I wanted to raise the car because it was sitting too low.

Those new bushings make a very noticeable improvement - glad I pulled the trigger on this one.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Pedders upgrade - wow   Pedders upgrade - wow I_icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2010, 6:04 pm

Congrats bro, I have heard nothing but great things about pedders
Back to top Go down
xegitalian19xx
Founding Member
Founding Member
xegitalian19xx

PostSubject: Re: Pedders upgrade - wow   Pedders upgrade - wow I_icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2010, 6:18 pm

Congrats bro! I have the touring kit and it's freaking awesome! Glad to see i'm not the only one pedderized now!
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Pedders upgrade - wow   Pedders upgrade - wow I_icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2010, 6:19 pm

What are you doing with your eibach set up
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Pedders upgrade - wow   Pedders upgrade - wow I_icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2010, 6:33 pm

Congrats on that!
Back to top Go down
cobretti
CAMM Rookie
cobretti

PostSubject: Re: Pedders upgrade - wow   Pedders upgrade - wow I_icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2010, 8:27 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:

Hey bro, you don't need it, you JUST got somethin' else!
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Pedders upgrade - wow   Pedders upgrade - wow I_icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2010, 8:35 pm

I know, was just asking.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Pedders upgrade - wow   Pedders upgrade - wow I_icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2010, 8:38 pm

Congrats. I want to do the same thing when my wallet lets me. You said you can feel the road is rough, so does that mean the car bounces around a lot more making it more uncomfortable for passengers? Thats the only thing I am worried about if I upgrade the bushings is the really stiff ride that might later on make my interior panels rattle loose.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blue
CAMM Member
Metallic Blue

PostSubject: Re: Pedders upgrade - wow   Pedders upgrade - wow I_icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2010, 9:20 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:

Well....here's what happened.....they accidently put two springs in the recycle bin then remembered I wanted to old springs but w/in30 minutes of doing so....the scrap haulers came by. So, I only have two springs...honestly not sure if they're front or rear...but you are welcome to have them.

The shocks and struts were deep sixed because on of the rear ones was leaking so didn't bother to keep any.

And the Eibach sways remained on the car.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blue
CAMM Member
Metallic Blue

PostSubject: Re: Pedders upgrade - wow   Pedders upgrade - wow I_icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2010, 9:24 pm

liljoejoe54 wrote:
Congrats. I want to do the same thing when my wallet lets me. You said you can feel the road is rough, so does that mean the car bounces around a lot more making it more uncomfortable for passengers? Thats the only thing I am worried about if I upgrade the bushings is the really stiff ride that might later on make my interior panels rattle loose.

Thanks. To clarify what I originally wrote.....the car does not bounce at all.....it is more comfortable than the Eibach's springs & OE bushings were yet the handling improved. Best overall description is refined performance oriented. Not a stiff ride, instead firm - controlled - very sure-footed.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Pedders upgrade - wow   Pedders upgrade - wow I_icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2010, 6:53 am

Metallic Blue wrote:
liljoejoe54 wrote:

Thanks. To clarify what I originally wrote.....the car does not bounce at all.....it is more comfortable than the Eibach's springs & OE bushings were yet the handling improved. Best overall description is refined performance oriented. Not a stiff ride, instead firm - controlled - very sure-footed.

Thanks, that is what I wanted to hear. This has been added to my "To do" list, lol.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Pedders upgrade - wow   Pedders upgrade - wow I_icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2010, 7:09 am

I don't know if SRT sways are bigger than RT's cuz I never compared. If they are you can have mine and the end links in a couple of weeks, Joey.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Pedders upgrade - wow   Pedders upgrade - wow I_icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2010, 7:15 am

Illinois Chaos wrote:
I don't know if SRT sways are bigger than RT's cuz I never compared. If they are you can have mine and the end links in a couple of weeks, Joey.

Thanks Tom, I appreciate it but I think I am going to upgrade to the Hotchkis sways.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pedders upgrade - wow   Pedders upgrade - wow I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pedders upgrade - wow
Page 1 of 1