Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Transmission Leak...!!!

Go down 
+3
Shawn1112
Motor
HemiMag
7 posters
AuthorMessage
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

Transmission Leak...!!! Empty
PostSubject: Transmission Leak...!!!   Transmission Leak...!!! I_icon_minitimeMarch 11th 2010, 1:34 pm

Well today is not a good day...I had my Magnum on waiting to warm up and as I'm leaving I notice a small puddle of trans fluid....I guess its time to change my plug adapter to the trans...Well the bad news is my Magnum is out of warranty.As of today I am not driving it anymore so I won't cause any future damage since I'm pretty sure the fluid is low.I have the part #68021352-AA for the new plug.My question is has anyone does this before???The stealership is charging me $100 to fix it but I really don't trust them with my Mag.

Also were it was parked it was in a down hill slope so I'm not sure if this is what caused it too....
Back to top Go down
Motor
CAMM Pro
Motor

PostSubject: Re: Transmission Leak...!!!   Transmission Leak...!!! I_icon_minitimeMarch 11th 2010, 1:41 pm

http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?p=2747164

i cant find the thread where tbyrne had a step by step guide w/ pix on how to do it...its really simple to do...but ill try to find the other thread
Back to top Go down
Motor
CAMM Pro
Motor

PostSubject: Re: Transmission Leak...!!!   Transmission Leak...!!! I_icon_minitimeMarch 11th 2010, 1:42 pm

theres the other thread

http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=157328
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: Transmission Leak...!!!   Transmission Leak...!!! I_icon_minitimeMarch 11th 2010, 1:51 pm

thanks Eric....Now to find someone with a garage that can help me.....Anyone???Lunch and beer on me lol
Back to top Go down
Motor
CAMM Pro
Motor

PostSubject: Re: Transmission Leak...!!!   Transmission Leak...!!! I_icon_minitimeMarch 11th 2010, 1:55 pm

HemiMag24s wrote:
thanks Eric....Now to find someone with a garage that can help me.....Anyone???Lunch and beer on me lol

im in the city and so is ekaz...he's got a garage...you got the part already??
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Transmission Leak...!!!   Transmission Leak...!!! I_icon_minitimeMarch 11th 2010, 3:00 pm

HemiMag24s wrote:
You know I'm down for some beer, and I'm only minutes from your house. Joey just did a rite up on the Z on how to do this. Maybe you can convince him to come out here and help. Beside I want him to take some good pics of my car.
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: Transmission Leak...!!!   Transmission Leak...!!! I_icon_minitimeMarch 11th 2010, 5:32 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
HemiMag24s wrote:
You know I'm down for some beer, and I'm only minutes from your house. Joey just did a rite up on the Z on how to do this. Maybe you can convince him to come out here and help. Beside I want him to take some good pics of my car.

k thanks Shawn for offering to help.I already got the plug adapter and 2 QT. of ATF+4 fluid...Joey is a no go since he works but I tried.He texted me the instructions so it seems fairly easy...

Also I want to thank Eric for offering help but since Shawn is minutes away,I really don't want to drive on low trans fluid.... thumbsup
Back to top Go down
JacksSRT8
CAMM Pro
JacksSRT8

PostSubject: Re: Transmission Leak...!!!   Transmission Leak...!!! I_icon_minitimeMarch 11th 2010, 6:42 pm

I just took my srt8 charger to the dealer for the plug relacement 98.99. go when they open and wait for it. it took 40 min. watch them pull it in and look at the mileage in and out.
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: Transmission Leak...!!!   Transmission Leak...!!! I_icon_minitimeMarch 11th 2010, 7:09 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
Joey just did a rite up on the Z on how to do this. Maybe you can convince him to come out here and help. Beside I want him to take some good pics of my car.

Dude...?
How's that avatar treating you? (Kidding)
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Transmission Leak...!!!   Transmission Leak...!!! I_icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2010, 8:32 am

Its great, but you know as soon as baseball season starts, I'm gonna have to start hating on the Sux fans again.
Back to top Go down
06 mid blue se
CAMM Member
06 mid blue se

PostSubject: Re: Transmission Leak...!!!   Transmission Leak...!!! I_icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2010, 9:13 am

This is a easy fix I did mine at a oil change place. (jiffey lube type) Just ask if you could go under the car and watch to make sure the dont mess it up. The charge me $20.00 for labor
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: Transmission Leak...!!!   Transmission Leak...!!! I_icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2010, 9:34 am

06 mid blue se wrote:
This is a easy fix I did mine at a oil change place. (jiffey lube type) Just ask if you could go under the car and watch to make sure the dont mess it up. The charge me $20.00 for labor

thanks for the help.I have Shawn helping me already.It seems like an easy fix,and then its off to the dealer to top off the fluid!!!
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: Transmission Leak...!!!   Transmission Leak...!!! I_icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2010, 3:45 pm

I think this sucks. Warranty or not they should fix it for free. It's a known problem.
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: Transmission Leak...!!!   Transmission Leak...!!! I_icon_minitimeMarch 13th 2010, 3:00 pm

Update: Well just left Shawn's house about 2 hrs. ago and I have to say it was easier than I thought.Changed the adapter,hardly any fluid came out.Got her all buttoned up and headed to Feeny Dodge dealer.Within 30mins they topped of my trans fluid and now its even running smoother.

Thanks Shawn for the garage!!!!
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Transmission Leak...!!!   Transmission Leak...!!! I_icon_minitimeMarch 13th 2010, 3:04 pm

No problem bro, anytime.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Transmission Leak...!!!   Transmission Leak...!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Transmission Leak...!!!
Page 1 of 1