Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is considered staggered?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DA H.N.I.C.
CAMM Pro
DA H.N.I.C.

What is considered staggered? Empty
PostSubject: What is considered staggered?   What is considered staggered? I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2010, 6:24 pm

I know I've NEVER asked a question here, but maybe someone can educate me a li'l.

I just had all 4 of my Asanti's rebuilt and a strange thing happened. I looked at the last 2 that got finished today and the new INVOs fit different than on the first 2 that got finished.
I got home and measured the best I can. I now have two front wheels that are 24"x9.5" and two rear wheels that are 24"x10.25"!

Is that considered staggered?

BTW: I ain't changing them!
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: What is considered staggered?   What is considered staggered? I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2010, 6:28 pm

any time the offset is different from front to back or if a tire or wheel is bigger on the rear than the front it is staggered.

so yes your wheels are now staggered. which can be good or bad. make sure they clear you fender now, and your tire might not seat on the wheel right in the rear if it is not wide enough for the new width. you don't want a stretched out sidewall or you will run into problems.

Last edited by jontoad on March 8th 2010, 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: What is considered staggered?   What is considered staggered? I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2010, 6:35 pm

the most common is with bigger wheels and tires on the rear than the front.

there are many forms of it tho.

like in irock camaros and infinity g35's. the wheels are the same width and the tires are the same all around. on the g35's the offset of the wheels are different to clear the brakes and on the irock camaro's its because of the track width of the rear end.

some SRT's are staggered from the factory with 245/45/20's on the front and 255/45/20's on the rear but the wheels are the same

some Mercedes Benz use the same with tire all around but the wheel is wider in the rear.
Back to top Go down
DA H.N.I.C.
CAMM Pro
DA H.N.I.C.

PostSubject: Re: What is considered staggered?   What is considered staggered? I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2010, 6:41 pm

Good info!
Should I change my rear tire size? While the offset is identical all the way around, the wheel widths are not much different. I run 275/25/24's all the way around.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: What is considered staggered?   What is considered staggered? I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2010, 6:45 pm

DA H.N.I.C. wrote:
Good info!
Should I change my rear tire size? While the offset is identical all the way around, the wheel widths are not much different. I run 275/25/24's all the way around.

275 should be ok, but on your next set of rear tires you could go wider than that if you want now. that is as long as it clears your rear fenders fine.
Back to top Go down
DA H.N.I.C.
CAMM Pro
DA H.N.I.C.

PostSubject: Re: What is considered staggered?   What is considered staggered? I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2010, 7:51 pm

Thanks Jon, I appreciate it! Now I just have to see what width/profile combo I could run and keep the front and rear diameters the same.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is considered staggered?   What is considered staggered? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is considered staggered?
Page 1 of 1