Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

First BT parts back from powdercoating

Go down 
+9
Hoodie
chargerchick
Illinois Chaos
irishrt5.7
Shawn1112
TheDarkKnight
ChiTownHemi
liljoejoe54
DA H.N.I.C.
13 posters
AuthorMessage
DA H.N.I.C.
CAMM Pro
DA H.N.I.C.

First BT parts back from powdercoating Empty
PostSubject: First BT parts back from powdercoating   First BT parts back from powdercoating I_icon_minitimeJanuary 17th 2010, 9:23 pm

I finally went over to the powder coating shop that coated my custom fuse box cover and I picked up the first Billet Tech pieces that I had them do in the same color.

What do you all think?

First BT parts back from powdercoating IMG_4049

First BT parts back from powdercoating IMG_4054

First BT parts back from powdercoating IMG_4050

First BT parts back from powdercoating IMG_4051

First BT parts back from powdercoating IMG_4052

Originally the wiper delete was red anodized. I had it stripped, polished and Zoop metal-sealed.

First BT parts back from powdercoating 15

Next, I've dropped off these parts to be done in the same color and there's still more on the way.
Then it's back to Billet Technology for engraving Smile

First BT parts back from powdercoating IMG_4007

First BT parts back from powdercoating IMG_4008
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: First BT parts back from powdercoating   First BT parts back from powdercoating I_icon_minitimeJanuary 17th 2010, 9:28 pm

Holy shit that looks good! The strut covers are powder coat for real? I didnt know they can make a mirror finish with powdercoat. I have the red underhood kit and when the anodize gets dull, you got me thinking of powdercoating now, lol. If you dont mind me asking how much did it cost to powdercoat the under hood kit? And where did you take it?
Back to top Go down
ChiTownHemi
CAMM All-Star
ChiTownHemi

PostSubject: Re: First BT parts back from powdercoating   First BT parts back from powdercoating I_icon_minitimeJanuary 17th 2010, 9:58 pm

That powdercoat job looks fantastic. Where did you get this done?
Back to top Go down
TheDarkKnight
CAMM Pro
TheDarkKnight

PostSubject: Re: First BT parts back from powdercoating   First BT parts back from powdercoating I_icon_minitimeJanuary 18th 2010, 12:32 am

Man those look good your Maggie just keeps getting better and better! Is that your birthday cake I see?
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: First BT parts back from powdercoating   First BT parts back from powdercoating I_icon_minitimeJanuary 18th 2010, 6:29 am

Looks great Diallo
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: First BT parts back from powdercoating   First BT parts back from powdercoating I_icon_minitimeJanuary 18th 2010, 7:20 am

This looks really good bro...
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: First BT parts back from powdercoating   First BT parts back from powdercoating I_icon_minitimeJanuary 18th 2010, 7:26 am

liljoejoe54 wrote:
Holy shit that looks good! The strut covers are powder coat for real? I didnt know they can make a mirror finish with powdercoat. I have the red underhood kit and when the anodize gets dull, you got me thinking of powdercoating now, lol. If you dont mind me asking how much did it cost to powdercoat the under hood kit? And where did you take it?

Joey you can choose from literally 100's of colors. Anything you want. Gloss, matte, candy colors, any finish you can think of.
Back to top Go down
DA H.N.I.C.
CAMM Pro
DA H.N.I.C.

PostSubject: Re: First BT parts back from powdercoating   First BT parts back from powdercoating I_icon_minitimeJanuary 18th 2010, 8:06 am

Thanks for the great responses everyone!

It's true that anodizing will fade unless you have it UV protected. BT told me that it is not standard practice for there parts to be protected.
The main reason I've been having these parts done in powdercoat is because the custom FB cover I had made is mild steel and cannot be anodized. Only aluminum can be anodized and I wanted all the engine bay and interior BT pieces to match. The process these parts go through is really simple:
1)Polish to look like chrome
2)Spray the powder
3)Bake and cool

It's like 6 or 7 times thicker than paint BUT doesn't have nearly as many color options. The color I chose reminds me of anodizing but it has a deeper, wetter look to it.

The shop that did, and is doing my work is:

Vanilla Gorilla Coating Systems

190 Easy Street Unit H
Carol Stream, Illinois 60188

Phone: 630-668-3045
Fax: 630-260-9517

Email: tigerray24@vanillagorillacoatingsystems.net

Ask for Ray
Back to top Go down
DA H.N.I.C.
CAMM Pro
DA H.N.I.C.

PostSubject: Re: First BT parts back from powdercoating   First BT parts back from powdercoating I_icon_minitimeJanuary 18th 2010, 8:11 am

BTW: The shit ain't cheap, but I do really like the way it comes out. Cost me $125 for polishing and coating the fuse box cover:
First BT parts back from powdercoating 3

And another $100 to do the 8 strut tower caps plus stripping the wiper delete, polishing, and ZoopSeal coating it.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: First BT parts back from powdercoating   First BT parts back from powdercoating I_icon_minitimeJanuary 18th 2010, 8:14 am

It's like 6 or 7 times thicker than paint BUT doesn't have nearly as many color options. The color I chose reminds me of anodizing but it has a deeper, wetter look to it.

The shop I used had any color you wanted. I already knew that I was doing black in a matte finish. I could've had anything I could think of in color. It probably depends on the shop and what they carry.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: First BT parts back from powdercoating   First BT parts back from powdercoating I_icon_minitimeJanuary 18th 2010, 9:48 am

Damn that is pretty expensive but it looks great. I didnt know it was 7 times thicker than the anodize so with my kit being engraved, would the powdercoat pretty much fill in all of the engraves?
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: First BT parts back from powdercoating   First BT parts back from powdercoating I_icon_minitimeJanuary 18th 2010, 3:51 pm

That looks fantastic! Maybe I should do that with the billet stuff I have. I'm not happy with the color and this is a great option! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DA H.N.I.C.
CAMM Pro
DA H.N.I.C.

PostSubject: Re: First BT parts back from powdercoating   First BT parts back from powdercoating I_icon_minitimeJanuary 19th 2010, 10:31 am

liljoejoe54 wrote:
Damn that is pretty expensive but it looks great. I didnt know it was 7 times thicker than the anodize so with my kit being engraved, would the powdercoat pretty much fill in all of the engraves?

Maybe not completely, you'd see an impression of your engraving but maybe not all of it. That's why I'm getting my stuff engraved after the powder.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: First BT parts back from powdercoating   First BT parts back from powdercoating I_icon_minitimeJanuary 19th 2010, 10:42 am

DA H.N.I.C. wrote:
liljoejoe54 wrote:

Maybe not completely, you'd see an impression of your engraving but maybe not all of it. That's why I'm getting my stuff engraved after the powder.

Thats a really good idea. Maybe I can bring mine to an air brusher after powdecoat and have him airbrush the engraves black so they stand out more.
Back to top Go down
Hoodie
CAMM Pro
Hoodie

PostSubject: Re: First BT parts back from powdercoating   First BT parts back from powdercoating I_icon_minitimeJanuary 19th 2010, 5:15 pm

Looks awesome.. Glad billet tech is doing it this way for you and definitely an option I will look into when I get this stuff..
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

PostSubject: Re: First BT parts back from powdercoating   First BT parts back from powdercoating I_icon_minitimeJanuary 19th 2010, 10:18 pm

WOW! Those look Fantastic! I can't wait til SuMMER!!!!
Back to top Go down
tigerray24
CAMM Rookie

PostSubject: Re: First BT parts back from powdercoating   First BT parts back from powdercoating I_icon_minitimeJanuary 27th 2010, 7:40 pm

HEY TO ALL

MY NAME IS TIGER RAY , I AM THE OWNER OF VANILLA GORILLA COATING SYSTEMS. I HAVE DONE ALL THAT WORK YOU HAVE SEEN ON DIALLO'S CAR . FIRST YES POWDER COATING CAN LOOK THAT GOOD , SECOND I DO POLISHING . THE COLOR THAT YOU SEE IS DONE OVER POLISHED PARTS , THAT IS THE ONLY WAY TO DO IT, AND GET THAT LOOK . FOR THE # OF PARTS THAT I HAVE DONE THE PRICE IS NOT THAT BADD . THE FIRST BATCH OF PARTS HAD TO BE STRIPPED THEN POLISHED THEN CLEANED THEN POWDER COATED , AND BOOM YOU GOT CUSTOM STUFF ! WHEN THIS STUFF WAS DONE I HAD CUSTOM PAINTERS LOOK AT ALL OF THIS AND ARE SHOCKED .

I DO HAVE OTHER COLORS TO MAKE YOU STUFF LOOK THAT GREAT . ANY ONE CAN GIVE ME A CALL AND I CAN HELP YOU WITH WHAT YOU LIKE .

THANKS TIGER RAY 1-630-668-3045

Last edited by HiPwr on January 30th 2010, 8:21 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Restored.)
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: First BT parts back from powdercoating   First BT parts back from powdercoating I_icon_minitimeJanuary 27th 2010, 7:47 pm

welcome you should post this up in the new member section.
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: First BT parts back from powdercoating   First BT parts back from powdercoating I_icon_minitimeJanuary 27th 2010, 8:05 pm

tigerray24, you need to contact eviltrycycle or elcobra44 about becoming a vendor.
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: First BT parts back from powdercoating   First BT parts back from powdercoating I_icon_minitimeJanuary 27th 2010, 8:34 pm

HiPwr wrote:
tigerray24, you need to contact eviltrycycle or elcobra44 about becoming a vendor.

X2 Looks great!
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: First BT parts back from powdercoating   First BT parts back from powdercoating I_icon_minitimeJanuary 27th 2010, 11:20 pm

Hey TigerRay! Great work you do! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DA H.N.I.C.
CAMM Pro
DA H.N.I.C.

PostSubject: Re: First BT parts back from powdercoating   First BT parts back from powdercoating I_icon_minitimeJanuary 29th 2010, 12:11 pm

I like these pics!
This is some parts after polishing by Ray BEFORE powder coating.

The polishing is what helps to give the powder coat the mirror finish

First BT parts back from powdercoating 100_0321

First BT parts back from powdercoating 100_0317

First BT parts back from powdercoating 100_0328

First BT parts back from powdercoating IMG_4114
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First BT parts back from powdercoating   First BT parts back from powdercoating I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First BT parts back from powdercoating
Page 1 of 1