Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Not a happy camper

Go down 
+8
Illinois Chaos
chargerchick
eviltrycycle
otter1363
Headtripp
kaotik29
irishrt5.7
Shawn1112
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Not a happy camper Empty
PostSubject: Not a happy camper   Not a happy camper I_icon_minitimeDecember 16th 2009, 12:38 pm

So my Grip kit is delivered to my whse today. I open the box, only thing in there is front fascia and the mesh I ordered. So I call grip and they are checking on the order as to why the rest of the kit wasnt shipped. So upon further inspection of front fascia, I notice the fascia is scuffed up and there is a spot the size of a dime that looks like it was fucked up and someone did a shit job of repairing it. Also the fascia was just thrown in the box with no protection around it at all. This thing needs some major prep work!! I'm fucking furious!!! I sent Grip an e-mail detailing the problems and I'm waiting for a reply, will keep this thread updated.
Here is a pic, u cant see the damage cause my phone wont take that clear of a pic......
Not a happy camper IMG00017
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

Not a happy camper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not a happy camper   Not a happy camper I_icon_minitimeDecember 16th 2009, 1:16 pm

Damn bro sorry to hear that... hope you get it all straightened out...
Back to top Go down
kaotik29
CAMM Pro
kaotik29

Not a happy camper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not a happy camper   Not a happy camper I_icon_minitimeDecember 16th 2009, 1:23 pm

Yea that is fucked up. Hope it all gets straightened out bro.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Not a happy camper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not a happy camper   Not a happy camper I_icon_minitimeDecember 16th 2009, 1:26 pm

Chris from Grip just called me back. He said to take pics of the damage and send to him. The reason it wasnt wrapped or protected according to him is because its polyurethene and it shouldnt get damaged. So I will take pics of damage and see what he thinks!
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

Not a happy camper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not a happy camper   Not a happy camper I_icon_minitimeDecember 16th 2009, 1:30 pm

That sux I know what it's like to wait for something only to have it fucked up ... Pisses you off big time ... I hope they just send you a perfect brand new one
Back to top Go down
otter1363
CAMM Pro
otter1363

Not a happy camper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not a happy camper   Not a happy camper I_icon_minitimeDecember 16th 2009, 1:54 pm

Sounds like it got rushed through and out the door, not very professional.... Bet they pay out the ass on freight claims eh. What kind of feed back have you heard from others on the products?
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

Not a happy camper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not a happy camper   Not a happy camper I_icon_minitimeDecember 16th 2009, 1:56 pm

That sucks Shawn! Hope it get fixed quickly, know you are under a deadline.
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

Not a happy camper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not a happy camper   Not a happy camper I_icon_minitimeDecember 16th 2009, 1:57 pm

Oooh that does suck. Hope you get it resolved quickly!
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Not a happy camper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not a happy camper   Not a happy camper I_icon_minitimeDecember 16th 2009, 2:33 pm

Shawn that fascia is awesome looking, though. It will look sick on your ride. I don't know where grip is located, but if they are within driving distance, I'll run that one back and pick up your new one in my truck for you.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Not a happy camper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not a happy camper   Not a happy camper I_icon_minitimeDecember 16th 2009, 3:30 pm

Ok, I brought the fascia to my painter to have him look at it. He said its no big deal and its common for the imperfections when something is made from a mold. So now I feel like an asshole, I just sent Chris from Grip another e-mail apologizing for speaking loudly with out a proffesional opinion. My painter also said that the fascia is one of the better made fascias quality wise than he usually see's. He said alot of people bring shit in there that they bought from e-bay, and he wont even touch them. With a good sanding he said the fascia will look great. So I'm very relieved to say the least!!!!
Back to top Go down
ChiTownHemi
CAMM All-Star
ChiTownHemi

Not a happy camper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not a happy camper   Not a happy camper I_icon_minitimeDecember 16th 2009, 4:30 pm

Nothing is worse than having the wrong expectations. If I was buying one of these and didn't know better, I'd be pissed as hell too if it showed up anything less than perfect. Grip should really do a better job to let people know that these things are not always going to show up perfect and that it's perfectly normal and not a big deal to make it look perfect once finished. Sounds like it's all good though. Can't wait to see pics of finished product!!
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

Not a happy camper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not a happy camper   Not a happy camper I_icon_minitimeDecember 16th 2009, 4:33 pm

Much better news Shawn I know that is a lot off your mind. Smile
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

Not a happy camper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not a happy camper   Not a happy camper I_icon_minitimeDecember 16th 2009, 4:46 pm

Im glad its going to work out for you bro. I cant wait to see that thing painted and installed.
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

Not a happy camper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not a happy camper   Not a happy camper I_icon_minitimeDecember 16th 2009, 4:48 pm

Are you sure that isn't a Mustang front fascia?
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

Not a happy camper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not a happy camper   Not a happy camper I_icon_minitimeDecember 16th 2009, 5:40 pm

man oh man that bumper is bad ass Shawn!!!Hey I guess we all make mistakes...
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Not a happy camper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not a happy camper   Not a happy camper I_icon_minitimeDecember 16th 2009, 6:20 pm

HiPwr wrote:
Are you sure that isn't a Mustang front fascia?
Slap Yourself! :homo: Jerk Off punish Finger
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Not a happy camper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not a happy camper   Not a happy camper I_icon_minitimeDecember 16th 2009, 6:22 pm

ChiTownHemi wrote:
Nothing is worse than having the wrong expectations. If I was buying one of these and didn't know better, I'd be pissed as hell too if it showed up anything less than perfect. Grip should really do a better job to let people know that these things are not always going to show up perfect and that it's perfectly normal and not a big deal to make it look perfect once finished. Sounds like it's all good though. Can't wait to see pics of finished product!!
They do say its going to need to be sanded and primed before paint. But when I saw it I freaked out, I thought it needed more than sanding.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Not a happy camper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not a happy camper   Not a happy camper I_icon_minitimeDecember 16th 2009, 6:25 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
ChiTownHemi wrote:
They do say its going to need to be sanded and primed before paint. But when I saw it I freaked out, I thought it needed more than sanding.

Btw, I also got some chrome mesh that they arent even selling yet. I was going to get the honeycomb mesh, but I asked Chris if he had anything chrome. He said they do but havent released it yet, so I am the first to have the chrome mesh. I know alot of you dont really like chrome, but I do and I think the mesh looks great. Pics to come of the mesh.
Back to top Go down
ChiTownHemi
CAMM All-Star
ChiTownHemi

Not a happy camper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not a happy camper   Not a happy camper I_icon_minitimeDecember 16th 2009, 6:39 pm

Shawn the chrome looks great on your ride. I'm sure the chrome mesh is going to really set it off.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

Not a happy camper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not a happy camper   Not a happy camper I_icon_minitimeDecember 16th 2009, 6:57 pm

I second the chrome mesh that is going to be that someting extra that makes it truely different and stand out.
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

Not a happy camper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not a happy camper   Not a happy camper I_icon_minitimeDecember 16th 2009, 11:53 pm

Glad to hear it's gonna be ok! Looking forward to seeing the final outcome! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Not a happy camper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not a happy camper   Not a happy camper I_icon_minitimeDecember 17th 2009, 7:34 am

Awesome, Shawn. Glad it's all cool. At least now you know Grip T is behind their product 100% in customer satisfaction. Even when they have to sponser an assholeface like you. Finger lol!
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

Not a happy camper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not a happy camper   Not a happy camper I_icon_minitimeDecember 17th 2009, 8:21 am

Assholeface. Nice! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

Not a happy camper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not a happy camper   Not a happy camper I_icon_minitimeDecember 17th 2009, 2:14 pm

Illinois Chaos wrote:
Awesome, Shawn. Glad it's all cool. At least now you know Grip T is behind their product 100% in customer satisfaction. Even when they have to sponser an assholeface like you. Finger lol!
No kidding damn Shawn your such a dick What a Face
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

Not a happy camper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not a happy camper   Not a happy camper I_icon_minitimeDecember 17th 2009, 5:28 pm

Wow the love I feel in this thread just overwhelms me. geek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Not a happy camper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not a happy camper   Not a happy camper I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Not a happy camper
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next