Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

question about rubber!

Go down 
+3
Illinois Chaos
jontoad
ghost
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

question about rubber! Empty
PostSubject: question about rubber!   question about rubber! I_icon_minitimeDecember 8th 2009, 8:53 pm

what is the tallest diameter tire that will fit in the charger wheel wells? JT...?
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: question about rubber!   question about rubber! I_icon_minitimeDecember 8th 2009, 9:30 pm

depends on the width but 275/45/20 is the tallest that doesn't look funny. thats rear only. are we talking about 20 inch tires here? or hight in inches?
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

PostSubject: Re: question about rubber!   question about rubber! I_icon_minitimeDecember 8th 2009, 9:34 pm

jontoad wrote:
depends on the width but 275/45/20 is the tallest that doesn't look funny. thats rear only. are we talking about 20 inch tires here? or hight in inches?

height in inches for a tire on a 18 or 20 inch wheel.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: question about rubber!   question about rubber! I_icon_minitimeDecember 8th 2009, 9:38 pm

around 30 inches in diameter
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: question about rubber!   question about rubber! I_icon_minitimeDecember 8th 2009, 9:40 pm

what is this for? slicks?
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

PostSubject: Re: question about rubber!   question about rubber! I_icon_minitimeDecember 8th 2009, 9:43 pm

jontoad wrote:
what is this for? slicks?

juan has shown some interest in my vipers and i am entertaining the thought of moving them to go back to 18s. slicks i wanna get a set mounted on 17s.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: question about rubber!   question about rubber! I_icon_minitimeDecember 8th 2009, 9:49 pm

Why not run the nitto slicks on your 20's Dave?

http://www.nittotire.com/#Home
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

PostSubject: Re: question about rubber!   question about rubber! I_icon_minitimeDecember 8th 2009, 9:58 pm

Illinois Chaos wrote:
Why not run the nitto slicks on your 20's Dave?

http://www.nittotire.com/#Home

i want to run a taller sidewall for the drag strip.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: question about rubber!   question about rubber! I_icon_minitimeDecember 8th 2009, 11:29 pm

I am still planning on going back down to 18's next spring for at least the track. What I have on right now is too freaking heavy. Not doing slicks though I'm not cool like Dave.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

PostSubject: Re: question about rubber!   question about rubber! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 26th 2011, 2:56 pm

Drag Radials:

1 how many mile are you going to get out of them driving around town on em?

2 how many passes at the track will you get out of them if the are kept for track purposes only?

i am clueless on the matter
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: question about rubber!   question about rubber! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 26th 2011, 6:21 pm

my 275/45/20 ave just the right clearance,plus after lowering her.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

PostSubject: Re: question about rubber!   question about rubber! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 26th 2011, 6:50 pm

inkedup wrote:
my 275/45/20 ave just the right clearance,plus after lowering her.

what r u talking about???
Back to top Go down
ChiTownHemi
CAMM All-Star
ChiTownHemi

PostSubject: Re: question about rubber!   question about rubber! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 26th 2011, 11:08 pm

I found this very intersting from the SRT engineers on today's roundtable over at LXF

Did you guys get a chance to throw some drag radials on a 392 and run it by any chance?

Yes we tried the new Nitto 275/40s. The F1s (stock) were quicker than the Nittos - no lie. We were launching the manual at 4500rpm with medium clutch release. It may have something to do with overall driveline changing with change in tire RPM.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: question about rubber!   question about rubber! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 27th 2011, 7:26 am

ChiTownHemi wrote:
I found this very intersting from the SRT engineers on today's roundtable over at LXF

Did you guys get a chance to throw some drag radials on a 392 and run it by any chance?

Yes we tried the new Nitto 275/40s. The F1s (stock) were quicker than the Nittos - no lie. We were launching the manual at 4500rpm with medium clutch release. It may have something to do with overall driveline changing with change in tire RPM.

Exactly Bill! I was in on that discussion. I think the srt engineers are smoking crack! I asked a question and got some bullshit answer that they based on an assumption. (a wrong assumption, no less)
No fucking way is a F1 going to get anywhere near the 60" of ANY drag radial.
Back to top Go down
ChiTownHemi
CAMM All-Star
ChiTownHemi

PostSubject: Re: question about rubber!   question about rubber! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 27th 2011, 6:22 pm

Illinois Chaos wrote:
ChiTownHemi wrote:

Exactly Bill! I was in on that discussion. I think the srt engineers are smoking crack! I asked a question and got some bullshit answer that they based on an assumption. (a wrong assumption, no less)

Sometimes you have to wonder if these dudes are paid by the vendors to make this stuff up.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: question about rubber!   question about rubber! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 27th 2011, 6:50 pm

Illinois Chaos wrote:
ChiTownHemi wrote:

honestly Tom i wouldn't expect him to give any other answer than what he gave you. the SRT roundtables aren't there to discuss aftermarket components. so if you have any aftermarket suspension parts he is not going to know how to answer your question about bump steer.

you should have asked him about bump steer on stock SRT suspensions and he might have given you a better answer.

as for the answers he gave on tires, yea he is smokin crack.
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: question about rubber!   question about rubber! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 29th 2011, 8:34 pm

When I saw this topic title in the forum list, I really thought it was about something else, and was wondering what possible question there could be. I mean, pretty straightforward, ya know.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: question about rubber!   question about rubber! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

question about rubber!
Page 1 of 1