Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hurst Comp. Shifter Install

Go down 
+9
AR-15QUEEN
liljoejoe54
AlterEgo
DA H.N.I.C.
Illinois Chaos
ttruckinon
irishrt5.7
ghost
Iguanaman
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

Hurst Comp. Shifter Install Empty
PostSubject: Hurst Comp. Shifter Install   Hurst Comp. Shifter Install I_icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2009, 4:54 pm

Installed my Hurst Comp. Shifter today.

BEFORE:
Hurst Comp. Shifter Install 01-Pre-Hurst

The Kit:
Hurst Comp. Shifter Install 02-Kit

Remove these screws:
Hurst Comp. Shifter Install 03-PlateScrews

Wonder how a penny got way down there...and you can't get it out:Hurst Comp. Shifter Install 04-Penny

Stock plate and knob removed:
Hurst Comp. Shifter Install 05-StockPlateOff

Sticking the letters on the back of the new plate:
Hurst Comp. Shifter Install 06-NewPlateLetters

Jam nut setup for the new shifter knob:
Hurst Comp. Shifter Install 07-JamNuts

New plate and knob installed:
Hurst Comp. Shifter Install 08-NewKnob

New plate...needed a little bit of white electrical tape on tabs to snug up fit:
Hurst Comp. Shifter Install 09-NewKnob

Install complete!:
Hurst Comp. Shifter Install 10-HURST

My new knob:
Hurst Comp. Shifter Install 11-HURSTKnob
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

PostSubject: Re: Hurst Comp. Shifter Install   Hurst Comp. Shifter Install I_icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2009, 4:56 pm

that looks pretty damn sexy!
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: Hurst Comp. Shifter Install   Hurst Comp. Shifter Install I_icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2009, 4:58 pm

turned out pretty damn good dave...
Back to top Go down
ttruckinon
CAMM Pro
ttruckinon

PostSubject: Re: Hurst Comp. Shifter Install   Hurst Comp. Shifter Install I_icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2009, 5:09 pm

Looks great. cheers Now if we could just get a shifter like that attached to a six speed! checkflag
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Hurst Comp. Shifter Install   Hurst Comp. Shifter Install I_icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2009, 5:42 pm

Wow does that look retro. Cool!
Back to top Go down
DA H.N.I.C.
CAMM Pro
DA H.N.I.C.

PostSubject: Re: Hurst Comp. Shifter Install   Hurst Comp. Shifter Install I_icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2009, 5:47 pm

Looks great Dave!!!
Congratulations on an awesome mod!

Do we need to rebadge again?
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

PostSubject: Re: Hurst Comp. Shifter Install   Hurst Comp. Shifter Install I_icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2009, 5:48 pm

Cool look. Vic loves his too in his Chally. You have a slightly different one though.
Great job!
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: Hurst Comp. Shifter Install   Hurst Comp. Shifter Install I_icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2009, 7:49 pm

Thanks everyone! Yeah, just did some running around. It's great!

DA H.N.I.C. wrote:
Do we need to rebadge again?

Ummm, yeaaahhhh....I think the Hurst badge is gonna replace the interceptor badge on the back.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Hurst Comp. Shifter Install   Hurst Comp. Shifter Install I_icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2009, 7:51 pm

That looks great! I cant wait to see it in person. I have always wanted one of them.
Back to top Go down
AR-15QUEEN
CAMM All-Star
AR-15QUEEN

PostSubject: Re: Hurst Comp. Shifter Install   Hurst Comp. Shifter Install I_icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2009, 7:55 pm

Looks good!
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: Hurst Comp. Shifter Install   Hurst Comp. Shifter Install I_icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2009, 8:31 pm

OK, a couple of tricks for anyone that's going to do this:

1) The stock shifter plate has long, curved tabs front and back to cover the flexible plastic piece that surrounds the shift stick as it slides forward and back. The tabs curve down to keep the plastic piece from catching on the cup holder (as you shift into drive) or on the tray up front (when you shift into park). The install instructions say to "Bend the ends of the slider aggressively, creating creases. This step is essential to prevent the black slider from binding...". Well, essential because they didn't build the tabs the shifter plate like stock. I imagine they'll issue an updated kit, or someone will make a fix.

2) The shifter window plate allows the light to come through the letters, but there's also a LOT of green glow of the plate itself. I'd recommend masking and painting the back before install, so only the letters show through light, unless you like the glow. I'll try to take a pic.

3) The fit on the shift gate, snapping it back on the shifter assembly, was a little loose. I used a piece or two of electrical tape to snug it up.

4) The chrome trim ring fit a little loose after install...I think it's sitting slightly higher than stock. I wrapped a piece of electrical tape around each of the four corner tabs on the trim ring, to keep the fit tighter when it's snapped down.

Don't let these points discourage getting one if you like it. It really was no big deal.
Back to top Go down
Sublime378
CAMM Member
Sublime378

PostSubject: Re: Hurst Comp. Shifter Install   Hurst Comp. Shifter Install I_icon_minitimeApril 4th 2010, 8:04 pm

oooomyyyyyyy I like this I wanted one a while back and they didn't make them for the 07 so so hot I have to get one im going to put this on to should look good together Hurst Comp. Shifter Install 1Hurst Comp. Shifter Install 5 http://shop.3gcustomz.com/product.sc?productId=20
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Hurst Comp. Shifter Install   Hurst Comp. Shifter Install I_icon_minitimeApril 4th 2010, 8:44 pm

That looks great Dave. I have wanted that mod ever since I saw Vic's. I just might pull the trigger on it very soon.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Hurst Comp. Shifter Install   Hurst Comp. Shifter Install I_icon_minitimeApril 4th 2010, 9:50 pm

That is very nice, very clean looking.
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: Hurst Comp. Shifter Install   Hurst Comp. Shifter Install I_icon_minitimeApril 4th 2010, 10:25 pm

Yeah you should. And I talked to Hurst just this past Friday about the problem I note in #1 above about the ramp. Turns out they're shipping current versions with a fix included, and they're shipping me one free. So if you order a kit now, the fix ramp will be included.
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: Hurst Comp. Shifter Install   Hurst Comp. Shifter Install I_icon_minitimeApril 4th 2010, 10:28 pm

Oooh. I didn't see these pics before! Nice shifter! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Hurst Comp. Shifter Install   Hurst Comp. Shifter Install I_icon_minitimeApril 5th 2010, 6:30 am

Iguanaman wrote:
Yeah you should. And I talked to Hurst just this past Friday about the problem I note in #1 above about the ramp. Turns out they're shipping current versions with a fix included, and they're shipping me one free. So if you order a kit now, the fix ramp will be included.
Who did you order from?
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Hurst Comp. Shifter Install   Hurst Comp. Shifter Install I_icon_minitimeApril 5th 2010, 6:49 am

Shawn1112 wrote:
Iguanaman wrote:
Who did you order from?

Says BMC on the box bro.
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: Hurst Comp. Shifter Install   Hurst Comp. Shifter Install I_icon_minitimeApril 5th 2010, 9:45 am

Nice catch Tom! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: Hurst Comp. Shifter Install   Hurst Comp. Shifter Install I_icon_minitimeApril 5th 2010, 9:59 am

Yes, I ordered the original kit from BMC Performance on a GB they were running for the first batch of kits. But I called Hurst diectly about the isue and they're shipping me the fix direct from their shops. Both Hurst and BMC were/are very cool to deal with!
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Hurst Comp. Shifter Install   Hurst Comp. Shifter Install I_icon_minitimeApril 5th 2010, 6:33 pm

Thanks, and fuck off Tom
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Hurst Comp. Shifter Install   Hurst Comp. Shifter Install I_icon_minitimeApril 5th 2010, 6:54 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
Thanks, and fuck off Tom

Lmfao, dipshit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hurst Comp. Shifter Install   Hurst Comp. Shifter Install I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hurst Comp. Shifter Install
Page 1 of 1