Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

gear shifter problem

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
5.7daytona
CAMM Member

gear shifter problem Empty
PostSubject: gear shifter problem   gear shifter problem I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2011, 1:57 pm

hey guys sorry if this is in the wrong section, but i recently got bit by the Plastic pink gear shifter problem. i wasn't able to get it out of park and had to have it towed to Gerber. i was in a rear end accident so thought this might have been linked to it. not so , so i have to pay out of pocket for it. do any of you guys know if this is a recall that was order for our cars? i have a 06 Daytona , and i thought we were able to take them into Dodge Dealerships and have them fixed free of charge. is this true? and if so can anybody send me a link for it so i can send give it to Gerber and let them know it was a recall and hopefully not get charged for it. thanks guys!!
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: gear shifter problem   gear shifter problem I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2011, 4:01 pm

No recall that I ever heard of, I think your on your own on this.
Dont let them buy the part from the dealer, because they will make you buy a whole new unit and it will come with the same stupid pink thing. I think Autozone or someone came out with a replacement part so you dont have to wait on Billet tech. Let me see what I can dig up.
Back to top Go down
5.7daytona
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: gear shifter problem   gear shifter problem I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2011, 4:28 pm

Awesome Shawn! Gerber called today to let me know my car should be ready by Thursday. They ordered a new part and I asked if it was pick and it is. So if u could let me know of he replacement part that won't break thy would be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: gear shifter problem   gear shifter problem I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2011, 4:39 pm

Found it courtesy of Dartboy's post.
Napa part #600-5445

Back to top Go down
5.7daytona
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: gear shifter problem   gear shifter problem I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2011, 4:51 pm

Awesome thanks!! This part wont break like the pink one correct?
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: gear shifter problem   gear shifter problem I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2011, 5:02 pm

No it wont
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: gear shifter problem   gear shifter problem I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

gear shifter problem
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Garage :: Interior-
Jump to: