Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

optima for charger

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

optima for charger Empty
PostSubject: optima for charger   optima for charger I_icon_minitimeSeptember 2nd 2009, 6:18 pm

does anybody know if there is a compatible optima battery for the lx?
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

optima for charger Empty
PostSubject: Re: optima for charger   optima for charger I_icon_minitimeSeptember 2nd 2009, 6:36 pm

i have an optima red top in my truck (holly shit was it expensive) but a lot of people on my truck message board hate optima and have a lot of horror stories about the battery's swelling, making noise, and failing. mine has problems on cold starts, it resets the radio and stuff, i never had that problem with even the stock battery. most of the people with problems with the battery's are people who do not drive their truck every day.

the consensus on that forum is that odyssey battery's are the top dog right now.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

optima for charger Empty
PostSubject: Re: optima for charger   optima for charger I_icon_minitimeSeptember 2nd 2009, 8:50 pm

Why would you want an optima?? From my understanding people use those for loud ass systems, is there another reason for using it??
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

optima for charger Empty
PostSubject: Re: optima for charger   optima for charger I_icon_minitimeSeptember 2nd 2009, 9:06 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
Why would you want an optima?? From my understanding people use those for loud ass systems, is there another reason for using it??

red tops are for hotrods. high horsepower cars that need good quality battery's for bigger motors that are hard to turn over,
and have upgraded ignition components.

yellow tops are for systems and are supposed to be isolated to run the system only if i remember correct. blue tops are deep cycle for marine apps.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

optima for charger Empty
PostSubject: Re: optima for charger   optima for charger I_icon_minitimeSeptember 2nd 2009, 9:18 pm

Damn bro, didnt know they made that many different optimas.
Back to top Go down
Solow 300
CAMM Member
Solow 300

optima for charger Empty
PostSubject: Re: optima for charger   optima for charger I_icon_minitimeOctober 11th 2009, 9:35 pm

I've never had a problem with the optimas I have a yellow top in my caprice and monte carlo and my friend has a blue top in his trunk for his sounds and air ride and he hasn't had any problems either.I have a brand new red top in the garage thinking about putting it in my 300
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

optima for charger Empty
PostSubject: Re: optima for charger   optima for charger I_icon_minitimeNovember 9th 2009, 12:01 am

optima yellow top=Part Number: D34 (9012-021)
YellowTop®️; Deep Cycle Battery; BOXED; Group D34; Cold Crank Amps 750; Crank Amps 870; Reserve Capacity 120; Ampere Hour 55; Top Terminal; L-10 in.; W-6 7/8 in.; H-7 13/16 in.;

optima yellow top=Part Number: D31A (9051-160)
YellowTop®️; Deep Cycle Battery; BOXED; Grp. D31A; Cold Crank Amps 900; Crank Amps 1125; Res. Capacity 155; Ampere Hour 75; Top Terminal; L-12 13/16 in.; W-6.5 in.; H-9 3/8 in.;

optima red top=Part Number: 34R (9003-151)
RedTop®️; Battery; BOXED; Group 34R; Cold Crank Amps 800; Crank Amps 1000; Reserve Capacity 100; Ampere Hour 50; Top Terminal; L-10 in.; W-6 7/8 in.; H-7 13/16 in.;

From what i am finding these 3 batteries will fit the LX platform. there is no direct replacement part # for the LX through the optima website.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

optima for charger Empty
PostSubject: Re: optima for charger   optima for charger I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

optima for charger
Page 1 of 1