Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

optima red tops are shit.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

optima red tops are shit. Empty
PostSubject: optima red tops are shit.   optima red tops are shit. I_icon_minitimeDecember 27th 2009, 11:49 am

stock battery in my truck lasted 8 years. top of the line 150 dollar optima red top a year and a half. won't hold a charge in cold weather. in the summer its fine but in the winter since it was new it would reset my radio on cold days and trip my check guages light for not enough voltage for a couple seconds after start up. never had that problem with the stock battery or the mid grade 80 dollar autozone battery i just replaced it with.

there are a lot of hit and miss story's on red tops on my truck forum so ill just say, stay clear of optimas. they don't live up to the hype. i wish i got an odyssey instead. just found my receipt for the red top so I'm gonna take it back and see if they will give me store credit instead of another optima cause they have a lifetime warranty i think.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: optima red tops are shit.   optima red tops are shit. I_icon_minitimeDecember 27th 2009, 11:51 am

oh and the last 2 days i had to jump start the truck twice so thats what made me finally get rid of it. alternator is fine. its only 2 years old, it would run the truck just fine once i jumped it, the battery just wouldn't hold a charge if the truck sat for over 3 hours.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: optima red tops are shit.   optima red tops are shit. I_icon_minitimeDecember 27th 2009, 12:40 pm

I had a yellow top in my '68 Firebird and it fired right up everytime I started the car. Even in the cold when I had the car stored in my yard. I dont know the difference between the yellow and red but maybe look into the yellow.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: optima red tops are shit.   optima red tops are shit. I_icon_minitimeDecember 27th 2009, 12:42 pm

That sucks Jon.
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: optima red tops are shit.   optima red tops are shit. I_icon_minitimeDecember 27th 2009, 12:57 pm

My '02 Intrepid still has the original battery. I know I'm on borrowed time.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: optima red tops are shit.   optima red tops are shit. I_icon_minitimeDecember 27th 2009, 1:13 pm

HiPwr wrote:
My '02 Intrepid still has the original battery. I know I'm on borrowed time.

yea, but don't fix what aint broke. my factory battery powered my truck fine for 8 years. 5 of those with powerfull MSD ignition, 2 10in subwoofers, 800watt amp, and in dash T.V. i also used to run a inverter and an original xbox in there too.
Back to top Go down
AR-15QUEEN
CAMM All-Star
AR-15QUEEN

PostSubject: Re: optima red tops are shit.   optima red tops are shit. I_icon_minitimeDecember 27th 2009, 1:59 pm

I had an interstate battery in my 96 Tahoe. It just finally died a few months ago. It was the original battery that was in the truck when I bought it back in Sept of 98.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: optima red tops are shit.   optima red tops are shit. I_icon_minitimeDecember 27th 2009, 2:36 pm

How good are the OEM Charger batteries?
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: optima red tops are shit.   optima red tops are shit. I_icon_minitimeDecember 27th 2009, 2:46 pm

liljoejoe54 wrote:
How good are the OEM Charger batteries?

i dunno but i never hear people bitching about them. im on my factory one and the car sits all winter with no battery tender. fires up every 3 weeks or so just fine when in storage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: optima red tops are shit.   optima red tops are shit. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

optima red tops are shit.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Garage :: Electronics-
Jump to: