Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

changed some front end parts today

Go down 
+2
Moparcharger07
funkpolice
6 posters
AuthorMessage
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

changed some front end parts today Empty
PostSubject: changed some front end parts today   changed some front end parts today I_icon_minitimeNovember 2nd 2013, 8:36 pm

I replaced the tension struts this morning. they were both torn at the bushing end, and the drivers side ball joint was fucked pretty bad. I took it for a ride and it wasn't really any better as far as the rattling over bumps. When I got back the mail dude was there and he had the v6 springs I have been waiting for, so the car went back up on jack stands. I put in a set of 70/30 lakewood struts with the v6 springs. the only issue I had was the endlinks. Not really a problem, but a pain in the ass holding the stud while I took the nut off. oh, and the nuts on top of the struts are really a motherfucker. I'm pretty sure there is a special wrench, I had to make my own. I have 8 bloody knuckles. the clunk is gone now and I'm surprised that the struts feel as different as they do. I know they don't really make the car much faster, but it sure feels faster when it rises up! It's also really "rollish" in turns. I think I'll put the billstiens back on for the winter and save these for racing months only. Knowing that I wish I got the 90/10s. I also got my BT water neck in the mail today, last piece I need before a pretty big engine bay mod session.

bill
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: changed some front end parts today   changed some front end parts today I_icon_minitimeNovember 2nd 2013, 10:25 pm

Yeah, I usually use a 10mm 1/2 inch socket on the ratchet and use the wrench on the nut for the endlinks, and just hold the wrench stationary, then use the ratchet to spin it off. They can be a bitch though, or an impact and just grab the part of the endlink with some vice grips with alot of penatrant oil...... never go in dry LoL
Back to top Go down
Yuro
CAMM Pro
Yuro

PostSubject: Re: changed some front end parts today   changed some front end parts today I_icon_minitimeNovember 2nd 2013, 10:56 pm

Lol
So v6 springs on an SRT gives good results huh?
Back to top Go down
GSB06SRT
CAMM Pro
GSB06SRT

PostSubject: Re: changed some front end parts today   changed some front end parts today I_icon_minitimeNovember 2nd 2013, 11:13 pm

Holy smokes that'd be like 2 or 3 weekends of work for me at least..lol *mental note to self.. put Mr funkpolice on the call list for suspension work not worthy 
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: changed some front end parts today   changed some front end parts today I_icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2013, 5:19 am

Moparcharger07 wrote:
Yeah, I usually use a 10mm 1/2 inch socket on the ratchet and use the wrench on the nut for the endlinks, and just hold the wrench stationary, then use the ratchet to spin it off. They can be a bitch though, or an impact and just grab the part of the endlink with some vice grips with alot of penatrant oil...... never go in dry LoL
I'm thinking about a PB Blaster tattoo! At work I use Kroil, that is the best. I have an impact, I just don't like to hear my shitty compressor run. By the end of the job I always wish I had used it. I have an electric one as well, but it's too big to fit most places.
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: changed some front end parts today   changed some front end parts today I_icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2013, 5:22 am

Yuro wrote:
Lol
So v6 springs on an SRT gives good results huh?
well...it give results. I only had a short test drive in it wasn't really horrible, but definitely didn't have a "sport" feel. I'll find out today, but presumably it'll aid with weight transfer at the track, letting the front end "pop" up and send the weight to the rear tires? One step closer to buying a truck/trailer.

bill
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: changed some front end parts today   changed some front end parts today I_icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2013, 5:23 am

GSB06SRT wrote:
Holy smokes that'd be like 2 or 3 weekends of work for me at least..lol *mental note to self.. put Mr funkpolice on the call list for suspension work  not worthy 
Mr. Funkpolice feels like he has been beaten with a baseball bat this morning after all that rolling on the ground! I'm getttin old.

bill
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: changed some front end parts today   changed some front end parts today I_icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2013, 8:56 am

what's your goal at the moment? are you trying to hit 11's on the current setup or are do you have power adder plans?
Back to top Go down
GSB06SRT
CAMM Pro
GSB06SRT

PostSubject: Re: changed some front end parts today   changed some front end parts today I_icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2013, 12:44 pm

funkpolice wrote:
Mr. Funkpolice feels like he has been beaten with a baseball bat this morning after all that rolling on the ground!  I'm getttin old.

bill
Not sure how old you are but you are preaching to the choir on that one bud, I'm thinking of putting on front hubs over the winter, I'm told it's an easy job, what sayeth you oh great suspension god (Adam is on this list as well) not worthy 
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: changed some front end parts today   changed some front end parts today I_icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2013, 3:53 pm

Yeah, it's better than getting beaten with a bat, but not much. Working on the ground blows. Bill, loose the front sway bar for max weight transfer at the track. Let those bad boys work man.
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: changed some front end parts today   changed some front end parts today I_icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2013, 7:07 pm

jontoad wrote:
what's your goal at the moment? are you trying to hit 11's on the current setup or are do you have power adder plans?
I think there is an 11 in there now, but she sure didn't come around today. my 60's were awful. trap speeds were up from usual. I think I'm going to finish the front suspension parts, take care of the rear next year, maybe a driveshaft. things that are solid mods no matter which direction I go. then I'll have to make a call as to what I want to do. FI, nitrous, big displacement? If I had the money and was going to do it now, I'd go with a 440 14:1 and pull the tires.

bill
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: changed some front end parts today   changed some front end parts today I_icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2013, 7:08 pm

Illinois Chaos wrote:
Yeah, it's better than getting beaten with a bat, but not much. Working on the ground blows. Bill, loose the front sway bar for max weight transfer at the track. Let those bad boys work man.
noted. next yr.

bill

Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: changed some front end parts today   changed some front end parts today I_icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2013, 7:11 pm

GSB06SRT wrote:
funkpolice wrote:
Mr. Funkpolice feels like he has been beaten with a baseball bat this morning after all that rolling on the ground!  I'm getttin old.

bill
Not sure how old you are but you are preaching to the choir on that one bud, I'm thinking of putting on front hubs over the winter, I'm told it's an easy job, what sayeth you oh great suspension god (Adam is on this list as well) not worthy 
I haven't done the fronts. The rears weren't that bad. when I did the lsd install I changed both hubs by myself the morning before my brother stopped by to help, maybe 2 hrs. I know I needed a big ole socket for the axle nut, maybe 1 1/4"?
bill
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: changed some front end parts today   changed some front end parts today I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

changed some front end parts today
Page 1 of 1