Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

new parts in

Go down 
+2
Yuro
funkpolice
6 posters
AuthorMessage
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

new parts in Empty
PostSubject: new parts in   new parts in I_icon_minitimeOctober 14th 2013, 5:27 pm

Everything is in and feels good...I think. I've never driven a higher stall car so I'm not sure what is normal. Under normal commuting driving it feels about the same, it does hold 2nd longer than it used to. From a stop any more than about 75% throttle and you know for sure the converter is there. It's pointless on the street, just smoke. Can't wait to get to the track. Overall the shifts feel a lot softer than I was anticipating. Perhaps because I removed the tranzformer and am used to really firm shifts. Even being soft, they are fast, except for kickdown shifts. They are extremely sluggish. I'm putting in a MTCM when I switch over to the trinity, so hopefully that clears it up. It's really annoying. I threw a CEL on the way to lunch today, so I taking it really easy until I find out what that is about.

bill
Back to top Go down
Yuro
CAMM Pro
Yuro

new parts in Empty
PostSubject: Re: new parts in   new parts in I_icon_minitimeOctober 14th 2013, 6:25 pm

What code was it? Why not keep the Tranzformer in?
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

new parts in Empty
PostSubject: Re: new parts in   new parts in I_icon_minitimeOctober 14th 2013, 7:46 pm

it's a TCM code. I don't know if I trust the tranzformer. I like what it does, but I don't really like the way it gets it done, if that makes any sense.

bill
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

new parts in Empty
PostSubject: Re: new parts in   new parts in I_icon_minitimeOctober 14th 2013, 8:40 pm

sounds cool. thinking i might go to a 3000 stall if that 3200 hits that hard...
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

new parts in Empty
PostSubject: Re: new parts in   new parts in I_icon_minitimeOctober 14th 2013, 9:01 pm

jontoad wrote:
sounds cool. thinking i might go to a 3000 stall if that 3200 hits that hard...
I'm running 295 continental extremes with about 12,000 miles and down the wear bar. Don't let my lack of traction be a determining factor. I only tried it once and I didn't log, but on the tach it flashed to about 3100. I'm hoping to get my trinity and tcm in and get a few good runs/logs this weekend.

I'm going to need some new tires for the winter, and some new tires for the track, but not until my bank account rebounds. working 20hrs tomorrow, that should help.
bill

Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

new parts in Empty
PostSubject: Re: new parts in   new parts in I_icon_minitimeOctober 15th 2013, 8:42 am

Nice, Bill! Just this summer I installed a 6500 PTCM. I had been on the stocker up until then. I never had a reason to switch until I kept getting limp mode at the worst times on the 3-4 shift.
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

new parts in Empty
PostSubject: Re: new parts in   new parts in I_icon_minitimeOctober 17th 2013, 9:32 pm

put a bit more fluid in and it's all good now. It still shifts a lot softer than I'm used to. I'm hoping the new tcm makes a difference. Hoping for a 1.69 60' on sun.

bill
Back to top Go down
Yuro
CAMM Pro
Yuro

new parts in Empty
PostSubject: Re: new parts in   new parts in I_icon_minitimeOctober 18th 2013, 12:17 am

Adding firmer shifts in the Trinity doesnt help? Have ye tried?
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

new parts in Empty
PostSubject: Re: new parts in   new parts in I_icon_minitimeOctober 18th 2013, 6:01 am

I haven't put the trinity on yet. I need to get my tune transfered to a trinity version, so I need to wait until I'm home and Tim has time to do it. My car won't run without a tune.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

new parts in Empty
PostSubject: Re: new parts in   new parts in I_icon_minitimeOctober 18th 2013, 6:13 am

funkpolice wrote:
I haven't put the trinity on yet. I need to get my tune transfered to a trinity version, so I need to wait until I'm home and Tim has time to do it.  My car won't run without a tune.
Email Mike @ Diablo, he can transfer tune via email. He did it for me in about 10 minutes. You send him original back up and custom tune from predator, he then sends it back so it can go in to Trinity.
Back to top Go down
Yuro
CAMM Pro
Yuro

new parts in Empty
PostSubject: Re: new parts in   new parts in I_icon_minitimeOctober 18th 2013, 8:47 am

Ahhh even quicker in time for the track!
Back to top Go down
ekaz
CAMM Member

new parts in Empty
PostSubject: Re: new parts in   new parts in I_icon_minitimeOctober 18th 2013, 10:07 am

Shawn1112 wrote:
funkpolice wrote:
I haven't put the trinity on yet. I need to get my tune transfered to a trinity version, so I need to wait until I'm home and Tim has time to do it.  My car won't run without a tune.
Email Mike @ Diablo, he can transfer tune via email. He did it for me in about 10 minutes. You send him original back up and custom tune from predator, he then sends it back so it can go in to Trinity.
I just confirmed with sources deep in Diablo that the file formats in the trinity and predator are the same. You'll need to copy the custom tune off the predator (if you don't already have it on your computer), unmarry the predator, load a canned tune off the trinity, copy the new backup to your computer, load the custom tune to the trinity, load custom tune back to car.
The Intune has a new file format and would need to be converted.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

new parts in Empty
PostSubject: Re: new parts in   new parts in I_icon_minitimeOctober 18th 2013, 12:04 pm

ekaz wrote:
Shawn1112 wrote:
funkpolice wrote:
I just confirmed with sources deep in Diablo that the file formats in the trinity and predator are the same. You'll need to copy the custom tune off the predator (if you don't already have it on your computer), unmarry the predator, load a canned tune off the trinity, copy the new backup to your computer, load the custom tune to the trinity, load custom tune back to car.
The Intune has a new file format and would need to be converted.
Makes sense, because mine was on the intune
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

new parts in Empty
PostSubject: Re: new parts in   new parts in I_icon_minitimeOctober 18th 2013, 3:52 pm

johan told me the same thing. I just did it and I think it worked, at least it idles right. I put in the mtcm so I'm not going to drive it until I can do the adaptives later on.

bill
Back to top Go down
Yuro
CAMM Pro
Yuro

new parts in Empty
PostSubject: Re: new parts in   new parts in I_icon_minitimeDecember 6th 2013, 4:00 pm

Nice peel out! No way i could evar keep up lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

new parts in Empty
PostSubject: Re: new parts in   new parts in I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new parts in
Page 1 of 1