Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trans/differential flush, where's a good shop?

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
GSB06SRT
CAMM Pro
GSB06SRT

Trans/differential flush, where's a good shop? Empty
PostSubject: Trans/differential flush, where's a good shop?   Trans/differential flush, where's a good shop? I_icon_minitimeAugust 20th 2013, 9:13 pm

Been checking around and the stealerships are crazy high, I know it's just a machine gets hooked up to the lines (my stepdad sells them even) but I don't wanna get Hump too bad lol anyone have any recommendations? Thanks much.
Back to top Go down
moaugust88
CAMM Pro
moaugust88

PostSubject: Re: Trans/differential flush, where's a good shop?   Trans/differential flush, where's a good shop? I_icon_minitimeAugust 20th 2013, 10:03 pm

Actually you can go to a Benz dealer and may come out cheaper than a Chrysler dealer.
Back to top Go down
GSB06SRT
CAMM Pro
GSB06SRT

PostSubject: Re: Trans/differential flush, where's a good shop?   Trans/differential flush, where's a good shop? I_icon_minitimeAugust 20th 2013, 10:16 pm

Never thought of that, I was gonna call Thomas tomorrow, think you said you been there.
Back to top Go down
Yuro
CAMM Pro
Yuro

PostSubject: Re: Trans/differential flush, where's a good shop?   Trans/differential flush, where's a good shop? I_icon_minitimeAugust 20th 2013, 10:59 pm

Differential is so damn easy i want to do it again!
Just the trans, save yourself some money, unless u need it for anal warranty proof etc.
All u need for diff is jack ur car up from rear or put it on ramps, u need the hex key, a handy Sta-Bil pump(what i used u can get any 7 dollars n up dont cheap out) and of course your differential fluid with friction modifiers. Get under there, open the fill plug up, then open the drain plug, plug the drain one once its done, fill the pumpkin, plug the fill plug, done! 15 mins max!
Back to top Go down
GSB06SRT
CAMM Pro
GSB06SRT

PostSubject: Re: Trans/differential flush, where's a good shop?   Trans/differential flush, where's a good shop? I_icon_minitimeAugust 20th 2013, 11:26 pm

Well if you wanna do it again hehe jk, I may do it, just bein lazy I guess. Car is an 06 warranty was gone many moons ago, but this is last 2 things I need to do on car.
Back to top Go down
moaugust88
CAMM Pro
moaugust88

PostSubject: Re: Trans/differential flush, where's a good shop?   Trans/differential flush, where's a good shop? I_icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2013, 3:55 am

GSB06RT wrote:
Never thought of that, I was gonna call Thomas tomorrow, think you said you been there.
Yeah I prefer Thomas since I brought my car there but they are very straight-forward and will only do what you specify to your car and really not try to upsell you on anything. I still need to go in to get the darn air bag reset some time in the future.
Back to top Go down
Yuro
CAMM Pro
Yuro

PostSubject: Re: Trans/differential flush, where's a good shop?   Trans/differential flush, where's a good shop? I_icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2013, 6:25 am

Had a shop do a pan drop and fill for me for 40 bux, they dropped the trans pan, gasket filter, i had my own gasket, filter, fluid. They just had to clean the shavings from the pan and magnet. They told me "you dont need it yet" i said im on a forum and they say these cars need it around 30k even though factry says 100k. The shavings surprised them.
Back to top Go down
Yuro
CAMM Pro
Yuro

PostSubject: Re: Trans/differential flush, where's a good shop?   Trans/differential flush, where's a good shop? I_icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2013, 8:05 am

Id be more than happy to knock that differential out for ya, so u can see for yourself how easy it is and learn to do it. Only u will have to jack the car up. Let me know when u have time, on a weekend or any day after 4pm is fine. If u wanna fo it at home i can give u a link for the step by step.
Back to top Go down
Yuro
CAMM Pro
Yuro

PostSubject: Re: Trans/differential flush, where's a good shop?   Trans/differential flush, where's a good shop? I_icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2013, 8:12 am

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160085
To help u out
And u will need a 14 MM hex
Back to top Go down
GSB06SRT
CAMM Pro
GSB06SRT

PostSubject: Re: Trans/differential flush, where's a good shop?   Trans/differential flush, where's a good shop? I_icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2013, 8:27 am

moaugust88 wrote:
GSB06RT wrote:
Yeah I prefer Thomas since I brought my car there but they are very straight-forward and will only do what you specify to your car and really not try to upsell you on anything. I still need to go in to get the darn air bag reset some time in the future.
Interesting cause totally not my experience with them last time I was there was about 4 years ago with my R/T for the trans connector o ring leak fix. They came back with a list of things they said needed to be 'fixed' 2 pages long man. I took it to South Oak and the mechanic there said really you only need tension struts and maybe sway bar bushings, so I took it to Adam and he did that stuff and a bunch more. thumbsup 
Back to top Go down
GSB06SRT
CAMM Pro
GSB06SRT

PostSubject: Re: Trans/differential flush, where's a good shop?   Trans/differential flush, where's a good shop? I_icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2013, 8:29 am

Yuro wrote:
http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160085
To help u out
And u will need a 14 MM hex
Thanks for that, I saw the drain/fill plugs when I was under there last time, I have a service pit in my garage I just didn't wanna mess with these 2 things.
Back to top Go down
ekaz
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: Trans/differential flush, where's a good shop?   Trans/differential flush, where's a good shop? I_icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2013, 9:30 am

Servicing the diff is easy as been mentioned. Whoever flushes the trans, make sure they have the proper equipment to check the fluid level afterwards. A friend of mine works at a place that won't do trans flushes on the NAG1 because they dont have the right equipment.
Back to top Go down
Yuro
CAMM Pro
Yuro

PostSubject: Re: Trans/differential flush, where's a good shop?   Trans/differential flush, where's a good shop? I_icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2013, 11:41 am

A pit in ur garage? I have a feeling we could be good friends! My car says we should visit u lol!
Back to top Go down
Yuro
CAMM Pro
Yuro

PostSubject: Re: Trans/differential flush, where's a good shop?   Trans/differential flush, where's a good shop? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 7th 2013, 10:12 am

Did u get this done buddy?
Back to top Go down
GSB06SRT
CAMM Pro
GSB06SRT

PostSubject: Re: Trans/differential flush, where's a good shop?   Trans/differential flush, where's a good shop? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 7th 2013, 5:17 pm

Got the diff done today at dealer... big headache to go with it.. still needing to do trans.. then maybe sell car... and buy bicycle.
Back to top Go down
Yuro
CAMM Pro
Yuro

PostSubject: Re: Trans/differential flush, where's a good shop?   Trans/differential flush, where's a good shop? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 7th 2013, 5:20 pm

Y big headache? i was gonna see if u wanted to bring it by so i could do it lol did the o2 sensor... Bah, wrong sensor then burnt hand.
Back to top Go down
Yuro
CAMM Pro
Yuro

PostSubject: Re: Trans/differential flush, where's a good shop?   Trans/differential flush, where's a good shop? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 7th 2013, 5:22 pm

U say u have a pit in ur garage? I feel confident to do the trans pan drop and fill. I had to have shop do it cuz i dont have a lift.
How much did they charge i for diff?
Back to top Go down
GSB06SRT
CAMM Pro
GSB06SRT

PostSubject: Re: Trans/differential flush, where's a good shop?   Trans/differential flush, where's a good shop? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 7th 2013, 6:18 pm

Oh I could do trans pan drop and fill man, but I am told the best is to flush it. $115 for diff. No charge for the aggravation, that was on them bat 
Back to top Go down
Yuro
CAMM Pro
Yuro

PostSubject: Re: Trans/differential flush, where's a good shop?   Trans/differential flush, where's a good shop? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 7th 2013, 7:09 pm

How many miles does she have?
If under 50k flush if more u are risking break down.
Grats on the diff, woulda saved u tons of green but main thing is it got done.
Back to top Go down
GSB06SRT
CAMM Pro
GSB06SRT

PostSubject: Re: Trans/differential flush, where's a good shop?   Trans/differential flush, where's a good shop? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 7th 2013, 7:22 pm

Car has 77K, previous owner(original owner) says he had it done at 30K but can't remember if it was flush or just pan, I tend to believe neither, but don't know. Car pulls fine, no issues, even have Predator 93 CAI tune on it with raised shift points and it hits them perfect. Don't know if I should mess with it or not with my luck lol.
Back to top Go down
Yuro
CAMM Pro
Yuro

PostSubject: Re: Trans/differential flush, where's a good shop?   Trans/differential flush, where's a good shop? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 7th 2013, 8:10 pm

Hmmm... I would do one pan drop n fill and see how bad magnet is, then if it was clean, go ahead with the flush, if magnet was bad, just drop and fill the next 4 quarts in a few thousand more. I need to do my second part of the drop n fill, if u decide to go this route maybe i can come share the pit? Lol
Back to top Go down
GSB06SRT
CAMM Pro
GSB06SRT

PostSubject: Re: Trans/differential flush, where's a good shop?   Trans/differential flush, where's a good shop? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 7th 2013, 8:25 pm

Ya man, I'll let ya know, BSH maybe can make it by too thumbsup 
Back to top Go down
Yuro
CAMM Pro
Yuro

PostSubject: Re: Trans/differential flush, where's a good shop?   Trans/differential flush, where's a good shop? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2013, 10:55 am

Dunno who that is but the more the merrier!
Back to top Go down
GSB06SRT
CAMM Pro
GSB06SRT

PostSubject: Re: Trans/differential flush, where's a good shop?   Trans/differential flush, where's a good shop? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2013, 3:38 pm

BrightSilverHemi
Back to top Go down
Yuro
CAMM Pro
Yuro

PostSubject: Re: Trans/differential flush, where's a good shop?   Trans/differential flush, where's a good shop? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2013, 4:14 pm

Pffft once you have a TorRed in the driveway why look at anything other than a SRT? Lol! Jk
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trans/differential flush, where's a good shop?   Trans/differential flush, where's a good shop? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trans/differential flush, where's a good shop?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next