Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is This A Good Differential?

Go down 
+2
Shawn1112
DamnSTR8
6 posters
AuthorMessage
DamnSTR8
CAMM Pro
DamnSTR8

Is This A Good Differential? Empty
PostSubject: Is This A Good Differential?   Is This A Good Differential? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2011, 6:48 pm

I was looking to upgrade to a 3.55 gears and a new rear but the Quaffie was $1,400 and I saw that a lot of people recommended Moes Performance and saw this was on sale....

http://moesperformance.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=53_1121&products_id=12520

Opinions? Please let me know...my modding year is here and i need to act fast....
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Is This A Good Differential?   Is This A Good Differential? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2011, 7:18 pm

I know Tom (Illinoischaois) has done a ton of research, so he may be the one to ask. Also call Bob at Moe's performance, he is a great guy to talk to and he will be honest with you wheather you like it or not!
Back to top Go down
Hurst Pak
CAMM Pro
Hurst Pak

PostSubject: Re: Is This A Good Differential?   Is This A Good Differential? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 16th 2011, 8:27 pm

This is what I was looking at , a full assembly

http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/trpasutrpadi1.html
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

PostSubject: Re: Is This A Good Differential?   Is This A Good Differential? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 16th 2011, 10:41 pm

my question would be as far as quality goes which would be better the mancini or getrag?
Back to top Go down
DamnSTR8
CAMM Pro
DamnSTR8

PostSubject: Re: Is This A Good Differential?   Is This A Good Differential? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2011, 12:05 am

Hurst Pak wrote:
This is what I was looking at , a full assembly

http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/trpasutrpadi1.html

i dont need upgraded axles im not expecting to make insane rwhp...i just want a good lsd with upgraded gears...
Back to top Go down
DamnSTR8
CAMM Pro
DamnSTR8

PostSubject: Re: Is This A Good Differential?   Is This A Good Differential? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2011, 12:06 am

ghost wrote:
my question would be as far as quality goes which would be better the mancini or getrag?

Bob at moes performance said the wavetrace is just as good as the Quaffie and the Getrags weren't that good....
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Is This A Good Differential?   Is This A Good Differential? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2011, 6:23 am

DamnSTR8 wrote:
ghost wrote:

Bob at moes performance said the wavetrace is just as good as the Quaffie and the Getrags weren't that good....
I would listen to Bob, he knows his shit.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Is This A Good Differential?   Is This A Good Differential? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2011, 9:43 am

ghost wrote:

Mancini Racing is just another Getrag vender. There are basicly 3 choices for a rear dif. that would be street friendly.

3.06 comes std.
1. Wavetrack (automatically improves grip in low traction conditions) This one is new and makes some fantastic claims about manual adj. the load biasing to suit your needs.

2. Quaife (3.23 or 3.55) ( relies on gears, rather than clutch plates for its operation.) I know a guy that just blew one of these up at the strip....

3. Getrag (3.73, 3.91) (traditional clutch style rear) you have the option to upgrade axels, hubs and driveshaft to suit your needs. I have beaten the HELL out of this unit and it's holding up well.

For bullet proof drag racing you could go with an 8.8" Builder Bill rear or even a real 9" Ford rear end with a true 4 link and lose the irs. There are some more exotic choices also, like a Detroit locker.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Is This A Good Differential?   Is This A Good Differential? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2011, 5:38 pm

Who blew the Quaife, Dan??? He is a big jagoff!
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Is This A Good Differential?   Is This A Good Differential? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2011, 7:07 pm

i would rather have a gears than clutches. clutches wear out, and the clutch setup still tends to be right rear wheel bias till it locks up. i had to rebuild the clutches on my trucks rear end and they are going out again. im putting a power trax locker in that thing when i build a motor for it.

as for the wave track vs. quaife debate... both units are nice but quaife stopped honoring its lifetime warranty and wave track has a much better warranty now.

fyi - the only people grenadeing the quaife are breaking axle spines off in the housing. so its not the quaife's fault really, its the axles.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Is This A Good Differential?   Is This A Good Differential? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2011, 7:11 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
Who blew the Quaife, Dan??? He is a big jagoff!

Yep

Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Is This A Good Differential?   Is This A Good Differential? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2011, 7:14 pm

jontoad wrote:
i would rather have a gears than clutches. clutches wear out, and the clutch setup still tends to be right rear wheel bias till it locks up. i had to rebuild the clutches on my trucks rear end and they are going out again. im putting a power trax locker in that thing when i build a motor for it.

as for the wave track vs. quaife debate... both units are nice but quaife stopped honoring its lifetime warranty and wave track has a much better warranty now.

fyi - the only people grenadeing the quaife are breaking axle spines off in the housing. so its not the quaife's fault really, its the axles.

Supposedly this guy has the DSS unlimited axels , but I'm waiting to hear what happened. He ran a 10.03 when it blew.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is This A Good Differential?   Is This A Good Differential? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is This A Good Differential?
Page 1 of 1