Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

window tint

Go down 
+9
jamesv82
jontoad
392SRT8
TgTwist
Shawn1112
Hypnotiq
Moparcharger07
moaugust88
funkpolice
13 posters
AuthorMessage
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

window tint Empty
PostSubject: window tint   window tint I_icon_minitimeJanuary 4th 2013, 7:58 pm

Would getting my windows tinted now be a bad idea. I've found information saying it's bad to do it in the winter time, and some that says the weather doesn't matter, just prolongs the drying time. whats a good shop to get it done? Give me some recommendations and I'll call them and see what they think about the cold weather. I want to do 35 on everything but the windshield.
thanks,
bill
Back to top Go down
moaugust88
CAMM Pro
moaugust88

window tint Empty
PostSubject: Re: window tint   window tint I_icon_minitimeJanuary 4th 2013, 8:08 pm

Shawn has a guy in/around Midlothian thats really good.
Back to top Go down
moaugust88
CAMM Pro
moaugust88

window tint Empty
PostSubject: Re: window tint   window tint I_icon_minitimeJanuary 4th 2013, 8:09 pm

He's on 147th off Kedzie I think.
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

window tint Empty
PostSubject: Re: window tint   window tint I_icon_minitimeJanuary 4th 2013, 8:12 pm

I did 35 on all doors and 20 on the rear window, looked darker, and never got messed with man. Thats what I plan on doing again
Back to top Go down
Hypnotiq
CAMM All-Star
Hypnotiq

window tint Empty
PostSubject: Re: window tint   window tint I_icon_minitimeJanuary 4th 2013, 8:36 pm

Shawn got his 300 done in downers grove. Here's the thread maybe the infos in there. Or just pm him for the info.

http://www.chicagolandareamodernmopars.com/t6435-mod-1-complete
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

window tint Empty
PostSubject: Re: window tint   window tint I_icon_minitimeJanuary 4th 2013, 8:42 pm

Yes I have a guy by 147th and Kedzie, and another guy in the Downers Grove area. If I owned a tint shop and you called me and asked me about tinting in cold weather, I would tell you no problems come on in. Why, because thats my job as owner or salesman, of course they will tell you to come in, and no issues. Can it be done in winter with no issues, yes it can, do I recommend it, not really unless they are keeping your car in the heated shop overnight. I highly doubt that will happen, and it wont happen with the guys I know, they get the cars in and get them out, they have no room for storage. Sun/heat is what cures tint, and yes they use a heat gun when applying but it still takes 2-3 days to fully cure and that's not happening in the winter.
Now if your garage is heated, go for it, get it done on a Friday and leave in the garage till Monday and you will be fine. Your garage doesnt have to be 80 degrees, anything above 50 will be sufficient.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

window tint Empty
PostSubject: Re: window tint   window tint I_icon_minitimeJanuary 4th 2013, 8:43 pm

Hypnotiq wrote:
Shawn got his 300 done in downers grove. Here's the thread maybe the infos in there. Or just pm him for the info.

http://www.chicagolandareamodernmopars.com/t6435-mod-1-complete
Guy in DG is more expensive because he uses the film for the windows with the plastic shit in the middle.
Funk doesnt need that film
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

window tint Empty
PostSubject: Re: window tint   window tint I_icon_minitimeJanuary 4th 2013, 9:30 pm

I'll wait until spring then. thanks.

bill
Back to top Go down
TgTwist
CAMM Member
TgTwist

window tint Empty
PostSubject: Re: window tint   window tint I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2013, 8:15 pm

ive got 5% all around on mine:) havnt gotten pulled over for it yet. I got a guy that does mobile tinting, hes done my car, 2 of my friends cars, and 2 of my siblings cars. He comes to your house and does it in your garage, message me if you want his number, he would probably do everything for around 175
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

window tint Empty
PostSubject: Re: window tint   window tint I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2013, 8:32 pm

5%...wow. I know the orland cops would be all over me for that. i'm thinking 35%. I'm going to wait until it get a little warmer out though.

bill
Back to top Go down
392SRT8
CAMM Member
392SRT8

window tint Empty
PostSubject: Re: window tint   window tint I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2013, 10:47 pm

I think I am going to go with Performance Detailing to get my windows tinted, they are in Orland on 70th (I think). They just had a groupon for full tint for $150 that i MISSED OUT on.... ugh.
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

window tint Empty
PostSubject: Re: window tint   window tint I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2013, 11:35 pm

I never heard of that place. It's close to me. I'll bring my car by for a car wash and scope it out.

bill
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

window tint Empty
PostSubject: Re: window tint   window tint I_icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2013, 12:07 am

i have to get the two fronts on my Caliber done too. unfortunately i lost the contact info for the guy who did my Charger, he did a flawless job.
Back to top Go down
jamesv82
jamesv82

window tint Empty
PostSubject: Re: window tint   window tint I_icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2013, 10:58 am

WhiteChargerRT wrote:
I think I am going to go with Performance Detailing to get my windows tinted, they are in Orland on 70th (I think). They just had a groupon for full tint for $150 that i MISSED OUT on.... ugh.

Make sure they use the right tint on your windows when you get it done
Back to top Go down
392SRT8
CAMM Member
392SRT8

window tint Empty
PostSubject: Re: window tint   window tint I_icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2013, 3:17 pm

Can you elaborate so I am prepared when I do go to get it done? Is there something specific I should ask if they have?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
jlg1963
CAMM Pro
jlg1963

window tint Empty
PostSubject: Re: window tint   window tint I_icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2013, 3:48 pm

Check out this link...Think Shawn covered it all here.

http://www.chicagolandareamodernmopars.com/t6417-tint-for-the-2011-and-up?highlight=window+glass+tint
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

window tint Empty
PostSubject: Re: window tint   window tint I_icon_minitimeApril 1st 2013, 6:30 am

WhiteChargerRT wrote:
Can you elaborate so I am prepared when I do go to get it done? Is there something specific I should ask if they have?

Thanks!
2011 and up have some safety shit in middle of glass, almost like a piece of plastic or something. Using regular tint will cause the glass to overheat and eventually start cracking the glass. Not sure I remember the specific tint needed, maybe Mylar based. Here is the guy I used and would highly recommend him.

His name is Jim and he is in Downers Grove about 5 minutes off 355 and Maple.
He prefers you drop the car off.

Jim
630-542-8468

30 + yrs exp. Tell him you got the # from me
Back to top Go down
392SRT8
CAMM Member
392SRT8

window tint Empty
PostSubject: Re: window tint   window tint I_icon_minitimeApril 11th 2013, 7:52 am

Laminated glass appears to be the specific reason for the breakage issue. At least it has a name now Smile
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

window tint Empty
PostSubject: Re: window tint   window tint I_icon_minitimeApril 11th 2013, 2:55 pm

this is the reason i havent gotten tinted yet... not to trust worthy of people out there doing the job the right way...
Back to top Go down
Mad Hatter
CAMM Member
Mad Hatter

window tint Empty
PostSubject: Re: window tint   window tint I_icon_minitimeApril 11th 2013, 4:00 pm

I still have a deal set up with East Side Tinting. You can see his work on Crystals
Back to top Go down
JacksSRT8
CAMM Pro
JacksSRT8

window tint Empty
PostSubject: Re: window tint   window tint I_icon_minitimeApril 11th 2013, 8:09 pm

Need a tint place thats good in mchenry county.. Any ideas
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

window tint Empty
PostSubject: Re: window tint   window tint I_icon_minitimeApril 11th 2013, 10:07 pm

Yeah, I need to get the windows tinted on the Plum. I wouldnt go back to where I had the matte black window's tined though, it looked ok and got the job done, but I kept finding imperfections. Some guy in Mundelien did them.

Back to top Go down
JacksSRT8
CAMM Pro
JacksSRT8

window tint Empty
PostSubject: Re: window tint   window tint I_icon_minitimeApril 12th 2013, 6:09 am

Ive got my last 3 cars done in arlington hts at midwest glass tint but it far. Ill ask around to see whats out here
Back to top Go down
JacksSRT8
CAMM Pro
JacksSRT8

window tint Empty
PostSubject: Re: window tint   window tint I_icon_minitimeApril 12th 2013, 6:10 am

Moparcharger07 wrote:
Yeah, I need to get the windows tinted on the Plum. I wouldnt go back to where I had the matte black window's tined though, it looked ok and got the job done, but I kept finding imperfections. Some guy in Mundelien did them.

Adam that cars is the shit aint it. Shes fast. I miss mine
Back to top Go down
JacksSRT8
CAMM Pro
JacksSRT8

window tint Empty
PostSubject: Re: window tint   window tint I_icon_minitimeApril 12th 2013, 3:30 pm

Got windows done today Carls tinting in burtons bridge next to kiefs feef... They look good just have to wait till haze dries $80.00 for ft door truck windows. Ill post a pic when shes clean and sunny out
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

window tint Empty
PostSubject: Re: window tint   window tint I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

window tint
Page 1 of 1