Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

LED Fog Lights

Go down 
+5
Shawn1112
firestartr420
canuhemi
inkedup
KevinDSClark
9 posters
AuthorMessage
KevinDSClark
CAMM Pro
KevinDSClark

LED Fog Lights Empty
PostSubject: LED Fog Lights   LED Fog Lights I_icon_minitimeApril 18th 2012, 8:15 pm

Has anyone installed a set of LED replacement fog lights yet? The bulb
is a 9145 or H10 and there are a few options to look at. Just trying to
find out if anyone has done so what are your thoughts. I use mine all
the time with the DRL's activated. I will probably be replacing the DRL
bulbs when they burn out as well. Here are a few that I have found.

http://www.automotivelightstore.com/...bulbspair.aspx

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...9SIA0WW0825200

http://store.ijdmtoy.com/120-SMD-900...-lights-4l.htm
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

LED Fog Lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: LED Fog Lights   LED Fog Lights I_icon_minitimeApril 18th 2012, 9:36 pm

try carid.com for your led bulbs......get the 360 led's if they have them.i have them for my corner lights and there awesome
Back to top Go down
canuhemi
CAMM Member
canuhemi

LED Fog Lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: LED Fog Lights   LED Fog Lights I_icon_minitimeApril 18th 2012, 10:07 pm

I like I like
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

LED Fog Lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: LED Fog Lights   LED Fog Lights I_icon_minitimeApril 18th 2012, 11:22 pm

not bad... but ive heard that light output with LED's isnt as good (not as bright) when used for exterior lighting... have you considered HID's for the fogs?!
Back to top Go down
KevinDSClark
CAMM Pro
KevinDSClark

LED Fog Lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: LED Fog Lights   LED Fog Lights I_icon_minitimeApril 19th 2012, 8:20 am

Yea I have looked at some the HID kits just not a huge fan of having the extra wiring and everything to clutter up the engine bay.
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

LED Fog Lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: LED Fog Lights   LED Fog Lights I_icon_minitimeApril 19th 2012, 9:16 am

well, the plug and play HID kits don't really have many extra wires, and you can easily mount the ballasts in a location where the wiring won't be in plain view. I mounted my ballasts under the radiator support, with the wires running up in front of everything. All you could see was the ballast, if you were looking for it...
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

LED Fog Lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: LED Fog Lights   LED Fog Lights I_icon_minitimeApril 19th 2012, 10:39 am

firestartr420 wrote:
well, the plug and play HID kits don't really have many extra wires, and you can easily mount the ballasts in a location where the wiring won't be in plain view. I mounted my ballasts under the radiator support, with the wires running up in front of everything. All you could see was the ballast, if you were looking for it...

Do Chargers and Chally's not need the relay's and can buss error device for Hid's???
I had to put them on the 300
Back to top Go down
Hypnotiq
CAMM All-Star
Hypnotiq

LED Fog Lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: LED Fog Lights   LED Fog Lights I_icon_minitimeApril 19th 2012, 12:14 pm

For the HIDS "extra wires".... It all depends who's doing the install. You can't see any of my wires on my setup. Zip ties and wire loom are your friends. When doing anything electrical you should always make it look like it was stock.
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

LED Fog Lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: LED Fog Lights   LED Fog Lights I_icon_minitimeApril 19th 2012, 3:52 pm

hypnotiq-did you have to use a relay harness and capacitor? did you drop it from the battery, or is there a better place. I can't see any of my hid headlight wiring except for the relay from the power post. I'd move it there is a better solution.
bill
Back to top Go down
mwa145
CAMM Pro
mwa145

LED Fog Lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: LED Fog Lights   LED Fog Lights I_icon_minitimeApril 19th 2012, 7:58 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
firestartr420 wrote:

Do Chargers and Chally's not need the relay's and can buss error device for Hid's???
I had to put them on the 300
]
they do need a relay, or else you will blow a shit ton of fuses.
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

LED Fog Lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: LED Fog Lights   LED Fog Lights I_icon_minitimeApril 19th 2012, 11:19 pm

the kit I bought for use on the 09 Charger was a very simple, plug and play CAN-BUS slim line ballast pack... i just plugged the factory headlight bulb connector to the ballast, then the wire loom that came from the ballast to the bulbs... $150 a kit, no problems, beside a few times (and i mean maybe 2 times in the 2 years i had em) when a bulb wouldnt come on becuase of turning on and off then on again too quickly (Like unlocking the door, then getting in, then starting). Turned lights off for a second or two, everything worked fine. so when everyone talks about all these resistors, and harnesses and wires, it just has me scratching my head.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

LED Fog Lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: LED Fog Lights   LED Fog Lights I_icon_minitimeApril 20th 2012, 12:17 am

i have LED fog bulbs right now. they suck donkey balls. they look good though. with the HID headlights being nice and bright i don't really care if the LED fog light output stucks, they just have to be the same color. they at least do that. lol.
Back to top Go down
KevinDSClark
CAMM Pro
KevinDSClark

LED Fog Lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: LED Fog Lights   LED Fog Lights I_icon_minitimeApril 20th 2012, 8:17 am

jontoad wrote:
i have LED fog bulbs right now. they suck donkey balls. they look good though. with the HID headlights being nice and bright i don't really care if the LED fog light output stucks, they just have to be the same color. they at least do that. lol.

That is more of what I was thinking cause I use my fogs with my DRL's so I don't need them for that much light cause I have the HID headlights. I was also thinking of going with the 120 smd version which from what I have read puts out almost as much light as the regular bulbs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

LED Fog Lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: LED Fog Lights   LED Fog Lights I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LED Fog Lights
Page 1 of 1