Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What do you guys think?

Go down 
+6
Headtripp
BigM
jontoad
Hypnotiq
Moparcharger07
Shawn1112
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

What do you guys think? Empty
PostSubject: What do you guys think?   What do you guys think? I_icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2012, 8:05 pm

So a srt8 grill is out of the question, $1200! My car might be going to the paint shop in the next week or 2. I'm probably color matching the door handles and chrome on the bumpers, then the mirrors and window trim is going black. I'm looking for a black grill and this is the only one I like so far. Now I'm either going to paint the grill surround black or color match and the put this black insert in.
Thoughts on the above????

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-2012-CHRYSLER-300-300C-1PC-BLACK-POWDER-COATED-MESH-GRILLE-GRILLCRAFT-/300648247833?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item4600083219#ht_3095wt_1185
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think?   What do you guys think? I_icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2012, 8:06 pm

Keep in mind that I'm also doing the roof in black vinyl.
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think?   What do you guys think? I_icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2012, 8:10 pm

I think it'd look good man, as for the surround.... color match with the black insert would look awesome bro
Back to top Go down
Hypnotiq
CAMM All-Star
Hypnotiq

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think?   What do you guys think? I_icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2012, 8:14 pm

Fuck yeah I like the idea's bro.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think?   What do you guys think? I_icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2012, 8:26 pm

that grill looks real nice. i like it.
Back to top Go down
BigM
CAMM Pro
BigM

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think?   What do you guys think? I_icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2012, 10:27 pm

What is the stock one chromed plastic? I see a couple black chrome stock looking ones on ebay.

Since you're already painting some things black why not have them paint the stock grille? The mesh one you link to looks nice too almost think the mesh is too tight, wonder if there is a bigger mesh.

Black Chrome production style:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MOPAR-BLACK-CHROME-PRODUCTION-STYLE-GRILLE-CHRYSLER-300-2011-2012-/320798195032?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4ab10ffd58&vxp=mtr

I'm on the fence as to color matching or going black on the surround but I'm sure both would look great.

White is a great color the car is really going to pop.
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think?   What do you guys think? I_icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2012, 10:53 pm

Color match the grill surround in photo shop.
That might look good with just the mesh black
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think?   What do you guys think? I_icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2012, 6:44 am

Headtripp wrote:
Color match the grill surround in photo shop.
That might look good with just the mesh black
I dont have or know how to use photoshop. Can you do it?
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think?   What do you guys think? I_icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2012, 6:46 am

BigM wrote:
What is the stock one chromed plastic? I see a couple black chrome stock looking ones on ebay.

Since you're already painting some things black why not have them paint the stock grille? The mesh one you link to looks nice too almost think the mesh is too tight, wonder if there is a bigger mesh.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MOPAR-BLACK-CHROME-PRODUCTION-STYLE-GRILLE-CHRYSLER-300-2011-2012-/320798195032?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4ab10ffd58&vxp=mtr

I'm on the fence as to color matching or going black on the surround but I'm sure both would look great.

Yes it's chromed plastic. I hate the design period! I hear you about the mesh being tight, but as I said it's the only one that has caught my eye so far.
Back to top Go down
KevinDSClark
CAMM Pro
KevinDSClark

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think?   What do you guys think? I_icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2012, 9:52 am

I like how the mesh looks.
Back to top Go down
BigM
CAMM Pro
BigM

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think?   What do you guys think? I_icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2012, 10:34 am

Shawn1112 wrote:
BigM wrote:

Yes it's chromed plastic. I hate the design period! I hear you about the mesh being tight, but as I said it's the only one that has caught my eye so far.

If you go with the tight mesh grille I can think of a mod my little boy would love.... it involves putting a fan behind the grille blowing outwards and installing a third windshield washer tube hooked to bubble solution.... have the nozel spray the grille and the fan kick in a second delay and boom you've got a bubble cruiser.

Nothing screams muscle and tough more than flipping that switch at a stoplight and releasing your bubbles Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think?   What do you guys think? I_icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2012, 11:49 am

rotflmfao!!!!!
Back to top Go down
chicagovich
CAMM Pro
chicagovich

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think?   What do you guys think? I_icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2012, 2:17 pm

Too bad about the SRT grille, but that price is insane! I think the mesh will look real good.
Back to top Go down
TgTwist
CAMM Member
TgTwist

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think?   What do you guys think? I_icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2012, 3:52 pm

hahah u get ur car a couple days ago and the mods already start! im lovin it..
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think?   What do you guys think? I_icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2012, 5:13 pm

TgTwist wrote:
hahah u get ur car a couple days ago and the mods already start! im lovin it..
I'm fucking sick bro, need an intervention!!!

On a side note, got in to a big ass fight with my painter today. This fucker likes to play the pony's every day, if he cant get to the track he bets on-line. I'm fine with that because he isnt the one doing the painting. Thats why I have always paid him cash, I usually get a super good deal. This crazy mother fucker told me $1800 to paint 2 mirrors, chrome trim on both bumpers, window trim, and grill surround!!!! I said "Joe you sure you are looking at the correct estimate" He said "ya it's a lot of labor to take all that shit off the car" I nearly lost my fucking mind, I proceeded to tell him in these exact words " I have spent well over $6000 with you the past 4yrs not to mention the 4-5 cars of friends I have sent here for repair, and just because you probably lost your fucking ass the last week or 2 playing the pony's you want to try and make me cover your fucking losses, kick rocks mother fucker cause I aint the one" So I walked out, Jay the painter heard me yelling at Joe and he came running out after me to ask what happened and I told him. He said to calm down and that he would talk to Joe and call me. I then went to 2 other paint shops 1 my sound guy has recommended to me in the past. Both shops said between $500-$600, kind of what I expected. I'm going to try and look at these pieces that have to come off the car tonight and actually see how much labor is involved. I already know door panels need to come off to get to mirrors and window trim. Front fascia is very simple to pull off, about half the time as a Charger (seen a write up). So with the fascia off the 2 front trim pieces on the bumper should be really easy to take off. Which only leaves the long chrome trim on rear bumper????
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think?   What do you guys think? I_icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2012, 5:23 pm

damn, that sucks dude.... i hope everything works itself out for ya...
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think?   What do you guys think? I_icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2012, 8:06 pm

I'm sure the chrome piece on the back bumper is just popped in by a bunch of clip/tabs kinda like our Charger's grill ya know man
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think?   What do you guys think? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do you guys think?
Page 1 of 1