Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Downtown Elgin Car and AFV Show 9/12

Go down 
+6
liljoejoe54
Shawn1112
AlterEgo
jesse031081
Admin
eviltrycycle
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

Downtown Elgin Car and AFV Show 9/12 Empty
PostSubject: Downtown Elgin Car and AFV Show 9/12   Downtown Elgin Car and AFV Show 9/12 I_icon_minitimeAugust 16th 2009, 11:56 pm

Elgin, IL
Downtown Elgin Car and AFV Show
Civic Center
Highland and Douglas Streets
9AM - 3PM
http://elgincarshow.org/

Entry fee is $5, the flyer says bring your insurance card, not sure what is up with that.
Flyer for the show: http://elgincarshow.org/doc_files/pdf/Participant_Announcmt%20Flyer%2009%20v.9%20III.pdf

Unique trophies, goodie bags, dash plaques, door prizes and 50/50 raffles
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founding Member
Founding Member
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Downtown Elgin Car and AFV Show 9/12   Downtown Elgin Car and AFV Show 9/12 I_icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2009, 12:22 am

This looks like a good one...

When you arrive:
Have your Entry Fee and Proof of Insurance ready.
You will receive a Ticket.
The Car Show Staff will direct you where to park.
Take your Ticket to the Registration Booth when you're ready.
Your Ticket # is your Vehicle # and Door Prize #.
Fill out your Vehicle Info at the Registration Booth to receive your Goody Bag.
Get your Vehicle ready for Participant Judging.
Enjoy the SHOW!

Car Clubs are Welcome: We will try to park you as a group. Contact Us and indicate how many members are attending.

Show Flyer: http://elgincarshow.org/doc_files/pdf/Participant_Announcmt%20Flyer%2009%20v.9%20III.pdf

Registration Form: http://elgincarshow.org/doc_files/pdf/Registration%20-%20Liability%20Form%202009%20v.1.pdf
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

PostSubject: Re: Downtown Elgin Car and AFV Show 9/12   Downtown Elgin Car and AFV Show 9/12 I_icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2009, 4:15 pm

im up for this show anyone else thinking about going
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founding Member
Founding Member
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Downtown Elgin Car and AFV Show 9/12   Downtown Elgin Car and AFV Show 9/12 I_icon_minitimeAugust 18th 2009, 11:49 am

Quote :
The more, the merrier, Matt. We would be glad to have you guys on board!

As a club ... you have the opportunity to have a "show-within-a-show". The HERD Impala SS Club is having their annual HERDFest at the Elgin Car Show. They will have their own "corner" of the parking lot reserved. Plus participate with the show at large. They will have their own awards, internally, plus offer 1 award to the non-HERD participants as well. The possibilities are there to really promote your club within a general car show venue. We would like you to participate as a club, and if possible, get a local business to sponsor you. The HERD will have a business ... like Discount Tire to anchor their group of cars at the show. Discount Tire will have a tent/table offering their ads and fliers. This is an Elgin Car Show effort to get more sponsorship involved in the show. It is not manditory ... only a suggestion.

Let me know what you think. Let me know what kind of turnout you expect from your club.
I will then get your info listed as participating car clubs on our website.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founding Member
Founding Member
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Downtown Elgin Car and AFV Show 9/12   Downtown Elgin Car and AFV Show 9/12 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 7th 2009, 12:10 am

Who's interested in attending this? I need definites. I'd like to reserve a spot for us!
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

PostSubject: Re: Downtown Elgin Car and AFV Show 9/12   Downtown Elgin Car and AFV Show 9/12 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 7th 2009, 12:14 am

ugh, you're killing me....I want to go but I also want to go to Morris and I can't do both......uh, decisions decisions...... doh
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Downtown Elgin Car and AFV Show 9/12   Downtown Elgin Car and AFV Show 9/12 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 7th 2009, 2:43 am

WTF, I was at a show today at the exact same location.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Downtown Elgin Car and AFV Show 9/12   Downtown Elgin Car and AFV Show 9/12 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2009, 3:18 pm

I'm down
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Downtown Elgin Car and AFV Show 9/12   Downtown Elgin Car and AFV Show 9/12 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2009, 3:32 pm

Im 90% sure I can make this one. Shawn, I have your coolant tank and fusebox cover ready to go. Ill try to drop them off tomorrow so you can have them ready for the show. Matt, I have a set of tinted tails for you and I will give them to Shawn.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Downtown Elgin Car and AFV Show 9/12   Downtown Elgin Car and AFV Show 9/12 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2009, 3:36 pm

Wait, I just saw the times for this show. It starts at 9am, if I work Friday night, I will be getting off of work around 9am Saturday morning. If I work, I cant go but if im off then consider me there.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Downtown Elgin Car and AFV Show 9/12   Downtown Elgin Car and AFV Show 9/12 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2009, 3:37 pm

Kool sounds good Joe, I was actually going to call you today to see if that was done yet.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Downtown Elgin Car and AFV Show 9/12   Downtown Elgin Car and AFV Show 9/12 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2009, 3:40 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
Kool sounds good Joe, I was actually going to call you today to see if that was done yet.

I actually finished up on Saturday night and was gonna drop them off today but I got called into work. I have work tonight so ill give you a call when im on my way home and I can drop them off before I go to bed. Ill let you know for sure cuz sometimes I can barely keep my eyes open after work. Last week while driving home, i fell asleep at a stop light with my foot on the brake, lol.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Downtown Elgin Car and AFV Show 9/12   Downtown Elgin Car and AFV Show 9/12 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2009, 6:14 pm

Anyone else? Was talking with Matt and thinking of having people over at my place after the show. Sort of like a post show mod night, or a pre show mod night if your going to Sundays show.
I only live a few miles from the show!
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Downtown Elgin Car and AFV Show 9/12   Downtown Elgin Car and AFV Show 9/12 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2009, 6:23 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
Anyone else? Was talking with Matt and thinking of having people over at my place after the show. Sort of like a post show mod night, or a pre show mod night if your going to Sundays show.

If I dont make it to the Saturday show, then ill for sure stop by your house if you are doing a mod night or something.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Downtown Elgin Car and AFV Show 9/12   Downtown Elgin Car and AFV Show 9/12 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2009, 6:28 pm

liljoejoe54 wrote:
Shawn1112 wrote:

If I dont make it to the Saturday show, then ill for sure stop by your house if you are doing a mod night or something.
Whatever bro, I'm sure a few people will be stopping by. Would like to get a nice turn out for this show, from the sound of it, it seems like we could really get the Camm name out there, and perhaps sponsorship for Camm.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Downtown Elgin Car and AFV Show 9/12   Downtown Elgin Car and AFV Show 9/12 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2009, 6:29 pm

AlterEgo wrote:
ugh, you're killing me....I want to go but I also want to go to Morris and I can't do both......uh, decisions decisions...... doh
You can do both, after the show shoot straight down 47 south. You will be in Morris in a little over an hour.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Downtown Elgin Car and AFV Show 9/12   Downtown Elgin Car and AFV Show 9/12 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2009, 6:31 pm

elcobra44 wrote:
Quote :
The more, the merrier, Matt. We would be glad to have you guys on board!

As a club ... you have the opportunity to have a "show-within-a-show". The HERD Impala SS Club is having their annual HERDFest at the Elgin Car Show. They will have their own "corner" of the parking lot reserved. Plus participate with the show at large. They will have their own awards, internally, plus offer 1 award to the non-HERD participants as well. The possibilities are there to really promote your club within a general car show venue. We would like you to participate as a club, and if possible, get a local business to sponsor you. The HERD will have a business ... like Discount Tire to anchor their group of cars at the show. Discount Tire will have a tent/table offering their ads and fliers. This is an Elgin Car Show effort to get more sponsorship involved in the show. It is not manditory ... only a suggestion.

Let me know what you think. Let me know what kind of turnout you expect from your club.
I will then get your info listed as participating car clubs on our website.
I know we have enough locals within 20 miles of this show to be able to bring at least 10 cars. This really sounds like we could get the Camm name out ther at this show. Who else is down, how about some of the south siders wanna hang out on a Saturday?
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

PostSubject: Re: Downtown Elgin Car and AFV Show 9/12   Downtown Elgin Car and AFV Show 9/12 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2009, 8:13 pm

I think we may just stick around for this show. It's closer to home and I don't think Nick wants to come with so I would feel better being closer to home anyways.

Going to Morris afterwards would be a really long day and I'm not sure I'm up for that. Besides it is more fun when there are a bunch of us.

WEATHER REPORT = RAIN ON SATURDAY Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

PostSubject: Re: Downtown Elgin Car and AFV Show 9/12   Downtown Elgin Car and AFV Show 9/12 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2009, 6:55 pm

NO RAIN ON SATURDAY!!

I really need to switch careers and be a weather girl. They can say anything....

Jesse- wanna meet up somewhere on Saturday and go down together?

IL Chaos and HiPwr - up for this instead of Morris? We can meet up with ya on the way to this one.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Downtown Elgin Car and AFV Show 9/12   Downtown Elgin Car and AFV Show 9/12 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2009, 9:17 pm

Come on people lets get a good showing for this one.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Downtown Elgin Car and AFV Show 9/12   Downtown Elgin Car and AFV Show 9/12 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 10th 2009, 9:36 am

Morning bump, anyone else plan on going??
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founding Member
Founding Member
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Downtown Elgin Car and AFV Show 9/12   Downtown Elgin Car and AFV Show 9/12 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 10th 2009, 7:18 pm

Awesome.. Smile
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Downtown Elgin Car and AFV Show 9/12   Downtown Elgin Car and AFV Show 9/12 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 10th 2009, 7:19 pm

Good deal rudedog
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

PostSubject: Re: Downtown Elgin Car and AFV Show 9/12   Downtown Elgin Car and AFV Show 9/12 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 10th 2009, 7:36 pm

Sweet Rudy! There's always Sunday, right? Glad you're gonna make it out.
Back to top Go down
slg 7
CAMM Member
slg 7

PostSubject: Re: Downtown Elgin Car and AFV Show 9/12   Downtown Elgin Car and AFV Show 9/12 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 10th 2009, 7:39 pm

i might make it. im starting a new job so yaa but is good to get payed after not working 4 a month cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Downtown Elgin Car and AFV Show 9/12   Downtown Elgin Car and AFV Show 9/12 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Downtown Elgin Car and AFV Show 9/12
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next