Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

is it worth it??

Go down 
+4
liljoejoe54
Bulldog
DamnSTR8
5.7daytona
8 posters
AuthorMessage
5.7daytona
CAMM Member

is it worth it?? Empty
PostSubject: is it worth it??   is it worth it?? I_icon_minitimeJune 13th 2011, 1:06 pm

hey guys i need opinions on if it is worth getting upgraded spark plugs for my 06 Dodge Charger Daytona Rt. i am coming up on needing new ones and the dealership is telling me like $400 to have new ones installed. i really don't like the short 30,000 interval change on our spark plugs and just wonder if it's worh getting IGN i believe they are called something else with a longer interval change. $400 every 30,000 is alot and my car is a daily driver. so what do you guys think and if yes what brand would you recommed getting? thanks guys it is really appreciated!
Back to top Go down
DamnSTR8
CAMM Pro
DamnSTR8

is it worth it?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: is it worth it??   is it worth it?? I_icon_minitimeJune 13th 2011, 1:31 pm

i too am interested on this as well...what are good performance spark plugs for the 6.1L?
Back to top Go down
Bulldog
CAMM Pro
Bulldog

is it worth it?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: is it worth it??   is it worth it?? I_icon_minitimeJune 13th 2011, 2:52 pm

Just started tackling the spark plugs on the Hemi in my Ram a little bit ago...From what I've read (no actual experience) it was better to stay with the stock plugs...I originally bought platinum plugs but after reading some stuff...Took them back and picked up original equip replacements...

We'll see how the project turns out...
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

is it worth it?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: is it worth it??   is it worth it?? I_icon_minitimeJune 13th 2011, 5:07 pm

Bulldog wrote:
Just started tackling the spark plugs on the Hemi in my Ram a little bit ago...From what I've read (no actual experience) it was better to stay with the stock plugs...I originally bought platinum plugs but after reading some stuff...Took them back and picked up original equip replacements...

Yep, keep the stock plugs if your engine (internal components) is stock. You will notice zero gain with aftermarket plugs with a stock engine and you risk damaging your coil packs.
Back to top Go down
Bulldog
CAMM Pro
Bulldog

is it worth it?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: is it worth it??   is it worth it?? I_icon_minitimeJune 13th 2011, 7:02 pm

Well...All Done...Took Big Blue for a spin...and noticed she was feeling a little better...I was behind on the maintenance...First Hemi I've owned...So I was slacking a little bit on understanding how she worked...As it now has 50k miles and just changed the plugs...All in all...about a 3 1/2 hr project for me...which included taking the driver side wheel and wheel well cover off to get at the two coil packs in the back on the driver side...Of course there were breaks in there as well...might have been able to finish in about 2 hours...but took my time since this was the first time...
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

is it worth it?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: is it worth it??   is it worth it?? I_icon_minitimeJune 13th 2011, 8:45 pm

liljoejoe54 wrote:
Bulldog wrote:

Yep, keep the stock plugs if your engine (internal components) is stock. You will notice zero gain with aftermarket plugs with a stock engine and you risk damaging your coil packs.
What Joe said.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

is it worth it?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: is it worth it??   is it worth it?? I_icon_minitimeJune 13th 2011, 9:13 pm

I run Brisk plugs.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

is it worth it?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: is it worth it??   is it worth it?? I_icon_minitimeJune 13th 2011, 9:20 pm

Illinois Chaos wrote:
I run Brisk plugs.
And you also have a soon to be 10 second car.
Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

is it worth it?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: is it worth it??   is it worth it?? I_icon_minitimeJune 13th 2011, 10:30 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
Illinois Chaos wrote:
I run Brisk plugs.
And you also have a soon to be 10 second car.
Twisted Evil

hahahah
Back to top Go down
moros323
CAMM Pro
moros323

is it worth it?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: is it worth it??   is it worth it?? I_icon_minitimeAugust 20th 2011, 12:11 pm

I run pulstar plugs and love them with zero problems and a little better mpg's! I also like the lifetime warranty!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

is it worth it?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: is it worth it??   is it worth it?? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

is it worth it??
Page 1 of 1