Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spark Plugs and other performance questions

Go down 
+4
moros323
bogieboy
liljoejoe54
Bulldog
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Bulldog
CAMM Pro
Bulldog

Spark Plugs and other performance questions Empty
PostSubject: Spark Plugs and other performance questions   Spark Plugs and other performance questions I_icon_minitimeJune 9th 2011, 6:00 am

In looking around the forum, I found a topic in regards to bogging...I've noticed that in my Ram recently, but it doesn't happen all the time...In reading the replies...It seemed like most of the suggestions were saying to replace the spark plugs...So I plan on doing that maybe in the next few days...I was wondering if anyone/everyone had an opinion on which would be the best plugs to use?

Also what are some thoughts on adding a Throttle Body Spacer?

And lastly...Cold Air Intakes...Again any preferences on which one?

Only things I've done to the truck so far is replace stock air filter with K&N...and replace stock muffler with a Flowmaster and deleted the resonator...

Thanks
Bulldog
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Spark Plugs and other performance questions   Spark Plugs and other performance questions I_icon_minitimeJune 9th 2011, 9:01 am

Spark plugs: If you engine is stock then just go with the stock plugs because you will not notice any performance gains with different plugs. Also, if you use the wrong plugs, you can damage your coil packs.

Throttle body spacer: Waste of money. You wont notice anything except a whistle after installing.

CAI: They are pretty much all the same so choose based on looks. You might notice a little more throttle response with a bigger CAI over a smaller one (im talking tube diameter).
Back to top Go down
bogieboy
CAMM All-Star
bogieboy

PostSubject: Re: Spark Plugs and other performance questions   Spark Plugs and other performance questions I_icon_minitimeJune 9th 2011, 10:53 am

liljoejoe54 wrote:
Spark plugs: If you engine is stock then just go with the stock plugs because you will not notice any performance gains with different plugs. Also, if you use the wrong plugs, you can damage your coil packs.

Throttle body spacer: Waste of money. You wont notice anything except a whistle after installing.

CAI: They are pretty much all the same so choose based on looks. You might notice a little more throttle response with a bigger CAI over a smaller one (im talking tube diameter).

all this is true...... as for the cold air, in theory, you could get a bit more tq out of the smaller dia ones from more velocity...... but i would think thats purely a theory, and i havent tested that or anything...LOL
Back to top Go down
Bulldog
CAMM Pro
Bulldog

PostSubject: Re: Spark Plugs and other performance questions   Spark Plugs and other performance questions I_icon_minitimeJune 9th 2011, 3:35 pm

Yeah...It has a Hemi...But other than that...Just stock...
Back to top Go down
moros323
CAMM Pro
moros323

PostSubject: Re: Spark Plugs and other performance questions   Spark Plugs and other performance questions I_icon_minitimeAugust 25th 2011, 1:16 am

I run pulstar pulse plugs without issue.
Back to top Go down
phantomrt
CAMM Rookie
phantomrt

PostSubject: Re: Spark Plugs and other performance questions   Spark Plugs and other performance questions I_icon_minitimeApril 17th 2013, 10:39 pm

Every magazine and gear head that I've ever talked to about performance has always said that unless you've added a supercharger or turbo there's no reason to use anything but stock plugs. The CAI will give you slightly better throttle response and maybe a couple more horsepower but it allows the engine to breathe in a little better. Couple that with a better exhaust and you will notice the engine wake up a little. The throttle body spacer, from what I've read, is a complete waste of money on this car!!
Back to top Go down
Kalec
CAMM Member
Kalec

PostSubject: Re: Spark Plugs and other performance questions   Spark Plugs and other performance questions I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2013, 12:15 pm

Throttle body spacers are hit or miss. Totally depends on the engine, and I have heard mixed things about putting them on Hemis. Your best bet would be a 90mm throttle body over the stock, 80mm one, though. A very close friend of mine gained 30 pounds of torque at the rear wheel from that change alone.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Spark Plugs and other performance questions   Spark Plugs and other performance questions I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2013, 4:49 pm

90 is to big unless you port the intake manifold to match the opening. 85mm is fine no porting needed. I would love to see dyno numbers proving someone picked 30 tourque with a 90 mm TB. You might get 10 at best, and TB spacers are complete garbage on the Hemi
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: Spark Plugs and other performance questions   Spark Plugs and other performance questions I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2013, 5:13 pm

I've read a few times that people had a hard time tuning larger thottle bodies at part throttle. weird hanging symptoms. I'm not saying it can't be done, but it seems to be kind of a pain in the ass.

bill
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spark Plugs and other performance questions   Spark Plugs and other performance questions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spark Plugs and other performance questions
Page 1 of 1