Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Intake Manifold Swap!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Axiom
CAMM Member
Axiom

Intake Manifold Swap! Empty
PostSubject: Intake Manifold Swap!   Intake Manifold Swap! I_icon_minitimeAugust 9th 2009, 10:46 pm

A buddy and swapped my intake manifold out today. Never having done this before, I took my time and double checked everything. As a result, I'm not done yet. Still have to put the accessory bracket back on and all the accessories, oil change, find longer bolts for the throttle body, buy a new PCV hose and fill her back up with coolant.

My first complaint about this job. The injectors are an absolute bitch to remove from the old keg. I ended up having to pull a few out of the fuel rails. I also ended up breaking the lock tabs on two of the injector plugs. Opps.

I was very surprised how easy the kegger came off. Once all the bolts were off, it literally slid right off. Didn't use any force on it at all. I half expected it to be an absolute fight.

I need to get longer bolts for the throttle body. I put my NX nitrous plate in and the bolts are about a 1/4" to short. God damnit. Oh well, thank god for Ace Hardware.

In this end. This is a job a complete newbie (me) can do on a weekend. I'm a computer geek with basic knowledge of the toolbox. With some time, common sense and basic hand tools, this job is very easy. It's a bit intimidating at first due to the fact you have to tear the top end apart but all in all, very easy.

Now, for the pictures! Didn't get too many as I was busy double checking my work the whole time, but I did happen to get a few.

What I started with.
Intake Manifold Swap! DSC00563

Intake Manifold Swap! DSC00564

Intake Manifold Swap! DSC00565

Intake Manifold Swap! DSC00566

Intake Manifold Swap! DSC00569

These last two are where we left off for the night. I'll finish the rest my self this week.
Intake Manifold Swap! DSC00570

Intake Manifold Swap! DSC00571

She should be a solid 13 second truck in a few days!!
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: Intake Manifold Swap!   Intake Manifold Swap! I_icon_minitimeAugust 10th 2009, 6:39 am

Looking good...
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Intake Manifold Swap!   Intake Manifold Swap! I_icon_minitimeAugust 10th 2009, 10:47 am

nice, that 2bbl should wake the top end up. did you get a turtle? some people get an off idle stumble without the turtle.
Back to top Go down
Axiom
CAMM Member
Axiom

PostSubject: Re: Intake Manifold Swap!   Intake Manifold Swap! I_icon_minitimeAugust 10th 2009, 11:01 am

jontoad wrote:
nice, that 2bbl should wake the top end up. did you get a turtle? some people get an off idle stumble without the turtle.
Yeah I did. This was Dave Peterson's old M1. He had the turtle already installed when he shipped it to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Intake Manifold Swap!   Intake Manifold Swap! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Intake Manifold Swap!
Page 1 of 1