Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Painting and sanding intake manifold

Go down 
+11
chargerchick
Moparcharger07
irishrt5.7
Dalegit1
jontoad
TheBlackWidow
Hoodie
Shawn1112
Mad Hatter
ghost
liljoejoe54
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

Painting and sanding intake manifold Empty
PostSubject: Painting and sanding intake manifold   Painting and sanding intake manifold I_icon_minitimeJuly 3rd 2009, 10:14 pm

I met up with Dave today to pick up his spare intake manifold so I can sand and paint it for him. So far, I got the thing all smoothed out. I removed all the points where the engine cover would rest on and also the marks made from the molding process. Its not as bad as I thought but I am learning as I go through with it and I still have a lot to do. I cleaned it up and gave it a coat of primer today after I was done sanding so I could tell where I would need to add some body filler to make sure everything is smooth. Tomorrow is when ill add body filler and then ill have to wait another day for that to dry before I can sand down anymore. Ill post up pics of my progress once I get them uploaded to my computer.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Painting and sanding intake manifold   Painting and sanding intake manifold I_icon_minitimeJuly 3rd 2009, 11:06 pm

Ok here are the pics....
Painting and sanding intake manifold IMG_1490
Painting and sanding intake manifold IMG_1491
Painting and sanding intake manifold IMG_1493
Painting and sanding intake manifold IMG_1500
Painting and sanding intake manifold IMG_1502
Painting and sanding intake manifold IMG_1505
Painting and sanding intake manifold IMG_1506
Painting and sanding intake manifold IMG_1507
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

PostSubject: Re: Painting and sanding intake manifold   Painting and sanding intake manifold I_icon_minitimeJuly 4th 2009, 12:36 pm

looking sexy bitch! thanx again! can't wait to see it all done. how did the fuel rails turn out?
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Painting and sanding intake manifold   Painting and sanding intake manifold I_icon_minitimeJuly 4th 2009, 12:43 pm

ghost wrote:
looking sexy bitch! thanx again! can't wait to see it all done. how did the fuel rails turn out?

No prob Dave! I just put some body filler on all the low spots. Now I gotta wait for it to dry again then, I can start sanding with some fine sand paper. My fuel rails came out pretty nice, I put them on about 10 minutes ago. Here is a pic of them painted...
Painting and sanding intake manifold IMG_1484

I didnt take a pic of them installed yet but ill do that later.
Back to top Go down
Mad Hatter
CAMM Member
Mad Hatter

PostSubject: Re: Painting and sanding intake manifold   Painting and sanding intake manifold I_icon_minitimeJuly 4th 2009, 1:59 pm

Can't wait to see the Finished product!
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Painting and sanding intake manifold   Painting and sanding intake manifold I_icon_minitimeJuly 4th 2009, 2:49 pm

Nice work Joe!
Back to top Go down
Hoodie
CAMM Pro
Hoodie

PostSubject: Re: Painting and sanding intake manifold   Painting and sanding intake manifold I_icon_minitimeJuly 4th 2009, 4:39 pm

Looks good.. What color is that going to be or is it a surprise?
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Painting and sanding intake manifold   Painting and sanding intake manifold I_icon_minitimeJuly 4th 2009, 4:42 pm

Remember I'm in line for this Joe, dont forget about me!
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Painting and sanding intake manifold   Painting and sanding intake manifold I_icon_minitimeJuly 4th 2009, 5:09 pm

Its gonna be silver.

Shawn, as soon as I get Dave's done, im gonna do mine, then ill do yours.

Here are some pics of todays progress.....
Painting and sanding intake manifold 2009-07-04165719
Painting and sanding intake manifold 2009-07-04165730

I got the body filler in. Now I gotta wait for it to dry, then sand it again tomorrow and see if I need to add more filler.
Back to top Go down
TheBlackWidow
CAMM Member
TheBlackWidow

PostSubject: Re: Painting and sanding intake manifold   Painting and sanding intake manifold I_icon_minitimeJuly 4th 2009, 10:52 pm

Looking real good. Finished product should be badass
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Painting and sanding intake manifold   Painting and sanding intake manifold I_icon_minitimeJuly 5th 2009, 12:40 pm

looks like its coming along well. body filler holds up well on high heat applications like engine parts? it helps to have extra parts to mod.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Painting and sanding intake manifold   Painting and sanding intake manifold I_icon_minitimeJuly 5th 2009, 3:14 pm

jontoad wrote:
looks like its coming along well. body filler holds up well on high heat applications like engine parts? it helps to have extra parts to mod.

Yeah I used this stuff on my half covers and it is still holding up really well.

I did some more sanding today and its pretty smooth now with only a couple of low spots. So I added a little more body filler and I will do some more sanding tomorrow. If all goes well tomorrow then it should be ready for paint. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Painting and sanding intake manifold   Painting and sanding intake manifold I_icon_minitimeJuly 5th 2009, 8:12 pm

Cant wait to see it finished!
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Painting and sanding intake manifold   Painting and sanding intake manifold I_icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2009, 11:42 am

Ok I got it sanded and primered again and I just have to resand 2 spots now then primer again and ill see how it looks. If Im happy with it, i will be putting the first coat of paint on pretty soon.
Back to top Go down
Dalegit1
CAMM Pro
Dalegit1

PostSubject: Re: Painting and sanding intake manifold   Painting and sanding intake manifold I_icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2009, 12:03 pm

Wow the suspense is killing me. I can't wait to see the finished product. ummm, Can I get in line behind whoever's currently last??? Pleaz Wink
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

PostSubject: Re: Painting and sanding intake manifold   Painting and sanding intake manifold I_icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2009, 1:33 pm

Dalegit1 wrote:
Wow the suspense is killing me. I can't wait to see the finished product. ummm, Can I get in line behind whoever's currently last??? Pleaz Wink
you think the suspence is killing you, lol! southside, that things looking sweet!
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Painting and sanding intake manifold   Painting and sanding intake manifold I_icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2009, 3:37 pm

Thanks alot guys!

Ok here are the pics from todays progress....

Final coat of primer....
Painting and sanding intake manifold IMG_1526
Painting and sanding intake manifold IMG_1527

First coat of Silver!!!!

Painting and sanding intake manifold IMG_1528
Painting and sanding intake manifold IMG_1529
Painting and sanding intake manifold IMG_1530
Painting and sanding intake manifold IMG_1533

Im really liking the way its coming out. One bad thing about painting silver onto a gray primer, is that when its in the sun, its hard to tell where you covered with paint already because it blends in pretty good and with the sun glaring off of it everything looks so bright. Well, im off to put on a second coat of silver. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Painting and sanding intake manifold   Painting and sanding intake manifold I_icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2009, 4:06 pm

Ok I just finished it up. I went out and put another coat of silver and followed up with 3 coats of clear......

Painting and sanding intake manifold 2009-07-06155655
Painting and sanding intake manifold 2009-07-06155722
Painting and sanding intake manifold 2009-07-06155732
Painting and sanding intake manifold 2009-07-06155739

Im really happy with the way it came out and I cant wait to start on mine.

I originally told Dave that I didnt know how long it would take to finish and that it should be ready by Shawn's install day on the 18th. Well I guess I finished ahead of schedule, lol.

Hey Dave, if you want the intake before Shawn's party, we can work out a day to meet up somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Painting and sanding intake manifold   Painting and sanding intake manifold I_icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2009, 4:42 pm

Great job Joe, If Dave doesnt come get it soon I know someone that would take it of your hands!!! lol
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Painting and sanding intake manifold   Painting and sanding intake manifold I_icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2009, 4:43 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
Great job Joe, If Dave doesnt come get it soon I know someone that would take it of your hands!!! lol

Lol thanks. Is that the color you want too?
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Painting and sanding intake manifold   Painting and sanding intake manifold I_icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2009, 4:45 pm

Is it a bright metallic silver? hard to tell from pics. If so thats good with me.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Painting and sanding intake manifold   Painting and sanding intake manifold I_icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2009, 4:48 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
Is it a bright metallic silver? hard to tell from pics. If so thats good with me.

Lol yep its bright silver metallic. I better lock this thing up before Shawn sneaks in my garage and takes it. lol!
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Painting and sanding intake manifold   Painting and sanding intake manifold I_icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2009, 4:51 pm

liljoejoe54 wrote:
Shawn1112 wrote:

Lol yep its bright silver metallic. I better lock this thing up before Shawn sneaks in my garage and takes it. lol!
If I knew where you lived you might have to worry!!!
But I'm not about to go check every garage in your neighborhood, I know there is still quite a few italian mafioso's living in that area!!!
I'll wind up stuffed into a trunk somewhere.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

PostSubject: Re: Painting and sanding intake manifold   Painting and sanding intake manifold I_icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2009, 5:11 pm

that looks so bad ass! how many cans of the silver did you use up?!
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Painting and sanding intake manifold   Painting and sanding intake manifold I_icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2009, 5:21 pm

ghost wrote:
that looks so bad ass! how many cans of the silver did you use up?!

Surprisingly I only used about 1.5 cans. So you still got 2.5 cans to do whatever with (coolant tank?). I didnt even use a whole can of that primer either, maybe just 2/3 of a can.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Painting and sanding intake manifold   Painting and sanding intake manifold I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Painting and sanding intake manifold
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next