Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Where can I find good after market grilles?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
beach
CAMM Member

Where can I find good after market grilles? Empty
PostSubject: Where can I find good after market grilles?   Where can I find good after market grilles? I_icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2011, 9:26 pm

Hey guy's, I'm new to the site and to the Charger. I bought an'06 R/T in Jan. and I'm in the process of doing quite a bit of work to it already. I'd like to get an open honey comb deep set grill for it. I looked at Danko, but the price seems a littlesteep for a grill. I called them, and they said I had to buy the frame with the wire mesh in it, and then buy the honey comb insert for it. The frame w/ mesh is roughly $250 and the insert is $115! $365? That's insane! Does anyone know where I can get what I want for alot cheaper than that? I want to do a chin spoiler too, but that would bring me up to around $500+. I'm sure I sound thrifty now, but I'm trying to get alot done without going broke. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Where can I find good after market grilles?   Where can I find good after market grilles? I_icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2011, 11:01 pm

To be honest, Moe at Danko is the man. I havent seen anything that compares to his work yet! Maybe someone else can chime in, but I believe he is the only one making what you are looking for.
Back to top Go down
xegitalian19xx
Founding Member
Founding Member
xegitalian19xx

PostSubject: Re: Where can I find good after market grilles?   Where can I find good after market grilles? I_icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2011, 11:50 pm

Don't worry about sounding thrifty man!! We all do the same thing....Unfortunately Shawn is right bro...Danko is the only guy i've seen that makes the Deep Dish grille you are talking about as well as a solid front end spoiler....I had both on my Charger when I had it and loved them both!! Your best bet would be to just save up and get the Danko parts IMO and save your self the trouble in the long run that you might have with other products trying to simulate what he does.....Again just my opinion man!
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: Where can I find good after market grilles?   Where can I find good after market grilles? I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2011, 10:37 am

i bought a billet online and powdercoated mine
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

PostSubject: Re: Where can I find good after market grilles?   Where can I find good after market grilles? I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2011, 12:51 pm

has someone got the mod bug??? LOL

It happens to all of us. All the time! hehe

Back to top Go down
beach
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: Where can I find good after market grilles?   Where can I find good after market grilles? I_icon_minitimeApril 4th 2011, 10:59 pm

MOD bug is an under statement! I just ordered the grill, honeycomb insert and chin spoiler from Danko! Not cheap, but had to get it. Car is currently in the shop getting Pedders suspension done. Once thats done, I'll be looking for exhaust. Called to order 300C wheels last fri. from Factory Reproduction and the wheels I want are out of stock for 2 weeks. I'll call weekly till I can get them! Need tires and hopefully I'll be good for a while. Should be quite a transformation within the next month. I'm pumped! I'll post before and afters when complete.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where can I find good after market grilles?   Where can I find good after market grilles? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where can I find good after market grilles?
Page 1 of 1